You'd be a FOOL not to subscribe to Playstation Plus...now.

#71AalviPosted 11/20/2012 10:51:37 PM
Superman80 posted...
Aalvi posted...
Also I would like to point out that if you think they are free, that Sony loves you and is merely looking out for you....Then their brainwashing is complete.

Free my ***, the minute I stop giving them money they take it away. The instant game collection is just blockbuster in another shape and form but digital and no choice of what we get. It just so happens they happend to give something worth it for once and people are kneeling before them. Last time I checked, US ps plus guys got way worse selection of games than EUR. EUR PS plus has dead space 2 for "free" while they discounted it for US ps plus during halloween.

They must love them more, or it's all business.

Well done, you're an idiot, which is not really anything special on this board.

How much of an idiot can I be when you don't even point out what you found idiotic. The part about US and EUR ps plus offerings is true, EUR got dead space 2 and people were angry because they only gave a discount for a certain period of time. And some of what I said shouldn't be taken literally either.
---
Check out my backlog: http://backloggery.com/aalvi
PSN ID: Aalvi-S|http://psnprofiles.com/Aalvi-S|3DS FC in Profile
#72DemonDog666Posted 11/20/2012 10:58:46 PM
FayeLady posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
FayeLady posted...
I wouldn't pay a dime for a meal someone else chose for me. I wont pay a dime for a game someone else chose for me. You can think what you want, but I'd much rather spend my money on stuff that interest me and not whatever someone else thinks is good for me this month. If they want to choose then they can also pay.

Yeah you're a troll. Your argument doesn't even make sense in that you aren't being forced to play the games, if you don't like it buy something you do want maybe even using one of the psn+ discounts or just wait till it is something you like. Like I said before unless you are unreasonably picky you'll come out ahead.

No Im not being forced to play the games, but It would cost me the same no matter if I play them or not. Its still like being charge for a random meal, with the option of not eating at all or eating something else and paying for that too.

No it's like having a subscription to a restaurant that servers a different meal everyday and you get it for free with that subscription, and the subscription is extremely cheap compared to the normal cost of meals. Sure you might not like or want them all but in the end it's a hell of alot cheaper then paying normal price for all your meals.
#73FayeLadyPosted 11/20/2012 11:02:45 PM
Buying the ones I really like is exactly what I intend to do. And yes, I do have a pretty good idea how many game I get with PS plus, most are not something I'd have wanted to play at all, would have wanted to play on another system (Mass Effect, Assassins Creed), or are something I want to keep forever.

Im sure it might be worth while for some people. I find netflix worth it, I dont feel I need to keep the movies I see there, so I imagine some people fell the same way about games.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#74zzamaroPosted 11/20/2012 11:08:53 PM
enkeixpress_ posted...
mike_411 posted...
More than xbox gives you for renting Live.

True.. but I personally dislike both Sony's & Microsoft's 'premium' services for my own reasons.

The difference is that with Live, you get free online in other places while plus is like a renting system, and it's optional. Live would be better if the online was free and the other features were still for the paid membership.

Not sure why would you hate plus when it's optional and the main feature that is online play is still free.
---
[This signature was deleted at the request of the La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo.]
#75AalviPosted 11/20/2012 11:08:58 PM
I just find it to be misinformation because some people(even on these boards) are buying ps plus thinking they get to keep them. They chase the label "free" and automatically assume it's for keeps.

Like I said if you don't believe me just look how many people are inquiring about the way the subscription works. They all are under the impression that the game comes with the price and that they own it.
---
Check out my backlog: http://backloggery.com/aalvi
PSN ID: Aalvi-S|http://psnprofiles.com/Aalvi-S|3DS FC in Profile
#76ikaruga0101Posted 11/20/2012 11:09:39 PM
ITT people don't know what renting is.

Anyway if you buy "lots" of digital games a year(like one game every two months is enough), PSN+ is mandatory. It pays it by itself with the discounts, which in practice result in free access to new games every month.

PSN+ has existed so far for 2.5 years. If you were a member since the beginning you would had spend $150(3 year subscription). That gives you access to 180+ games for free. That is $0.80 per game. And while there is some shovelware mixed in the game selection, the good games far outnumber the crappy ones. Don't even get me started with advantages of cloud services.

Credit where its due: Sony may be doing a lot of bad choices, but PSN+ is something they got right. IMO it is, by far, their best product. The only online gaming service better than it that I can think of is Steam. In contrast Microsoft makes users pay to play multiplay games and Nintendo locks accounts to hardware making it very difficult(and depending on the content/device literally impossible) to transfer digital content to new hardware, literally making you lose money for nothing. My only regret is that I ignored PSN+ for the first year.
#77_Random___Name_Posted 11/20/2012 11:12:53 PM
I'm really thinking about picking up a Vita now. Already paying for plus and I've already gotten enough value in freebies alone to justify buying plus for many years to come. And by value I mean even though some games I wouldn't have bought outright, ex post facto I'm very satisfied it was worth the money I didn't have to pay.
#78DemonDog666Posted 11/20/2012 11:13:20 PM
FayeLady posted...
Buying the ones I really like is exactly what I intend to do. And yes, I do have a pretty good idea how many game I get with PS plus, most are not something I'd have wanted to play at all, would have wanted to play on another system (Mass Effect, Assassins Creed), or are something I want to keep forever.

Im sure it might be worth while for some people. I find netflix worth it, I dont feel I need to keep the movies I see there, so I imagine some people fell the same way about games.

So you are unreasonably picky then. Still no reason for you to bash the service it's a good service you are just spoiled brat picky and got a stick in you so it's not for you.
#79FayeLadyPosted 11/20/2012 11:15:10 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
FayeLady posted...

So you are unreasonably picky then. Still no reason for you to bash the service it's a good service you are just spoiled brat picky and got a stick in you so it's not for you.

LOL damn right I'm unreasonably picky when it comes to spending my money. I'd gladly be more carefree when spending yours.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#80TheNewWavePosted 11/20/2012 11:17:15 PM
Already own uncharted and gravity rush, and don't care for racing games. However, if they throw ninja gaiden sigma plus up next month, I might consider it.