So, I just played the Type-0 demo...

#1theofficefan99Posted 11/21/2012 2:11:34 PM
I gotta say, this game is fantastic. The opening cutscenes were absolutely phenomenal and it already showcased that it's by far the most mature game in the Final Fantasy series along with Final Fantasy Tactics.

The gameplay itself is really great. Though I had a ton of trouble knowing what the hell to do because I don't know a lick of Japanese, it was great and fun, nonetheless. The combat is smooth, fluid and really nice. I love how all 14 party members are completely different, and how you can switch between them on the fly. They're all fun to play as, too; each one can be a valuable asset to the team if you utilize them properly.

The combat is also fun because it's actually difficult. I actually almost died a few times during the tutorial mission. During the boss fight, I had to constantly dodge whilst attacking it from afar via Ace. During some of the missions that I tried, I had party members die in a matter of seconds-- this is very refreshing for the series, considering that pretty much all Final Fantasy games are ridiculously easy until around the 60% or 70% mark in the game.

Aside from that, the visuals are obviously the best ever seen on the PSP. If ported to the Vita or the PS3, Square Enix can just slightly touch up the in-game visuals and they'll be good to go. The pre-rendered in-game cutscenes and the pre-rendered CGI cutscenes are more than good enough to be impressive on any console.

The music is also great, and I have already heard many classic Final Fantasy themes, such as the Victory Theme, the Prelude, and the Chocobo Theme.

All in all, this can easily be the best Final Fantasy in YEARS; it just needs to get localized, and fast.

And personally, I'd love to play this on my PS3. Final Fantasy feels more at home on a console. However, I wouldn't mind if it was on the Vita, either, I just want the damn game in English!

You guys should try the demo!
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#2GodMWOLFPosted 11/21/2012 2:17:56 PM
Another one has seen the truth

Serioisly what are Square-enix thinking?Everyone would want to play this more than 13-3

Just update the graphics to native res for the Vita and there instant money maker
---
I love Persona 4
TUTURUU Oh Okarin. Psn:mwolfizcool
#3jaziz20Posted 11/21/2012 2:23:22 PM
GodMWOLF posted...
Another one has seen the truth

Serioisly what are Square-enix thinking?Everyone would want to play this more than 13-3

Just update the graphics to native res for the Vita and there instant money maker

its square. Do you honestly expect this to happen? I played the JPN version, and loved it. I been waiting for the US release, on psp or vita, doesnt matter.

Also been waiting for anything on FFX HD. Give me a break square.
---
PSN: Metal_mgs; XBL: Mgs2master2; 3DS/3DS xl friend code: 4983-6274-3374; Steam: Mgs2master2
#4theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 2:35:24 PM
Needless to say, all but the most ardent of the Lightning Saga fans are pissed at Square Enix.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#5Hercik1Posted 11/21/2012 2:39:22 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
Needless to say, all but the most ardent of the Lightning Saga fans are pissed at Square Enix.

You want to see Square Enix fans pissed watch them announce type-0 coming over on 3ds or ios. Then you'll see pitchforks.
#6GodMWOLFPosted 11/21/2012 2:42:09 PM
Hercik1 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...

You want to see Square Enix fans pissed watch them announce type-0 coming over on 3ds or ios. Then you'll see pitchforks.

Nah i can handle them doing it on a gaming platform but iOS?**** that!
---
I love Persona 4
TUTURUU Oh Okarin. Psn:mwolfizcool
#7kjellboyPosted 11/21/2012 3:22:58 PM
JP, NA or EU PSN store?

Could not find it on EU PSN store. So can cross that e-store of the list. :p
---
(Steam: lordkjellboy)(PSN: KingKjellboy)(Xfire: kjellboy)(Gamertag: Lord Kjellboy)
#8Second_ChancesPosted 11/21/2012 3:32:36 PM
kjellboy posted...
JP, NA or EU PSN store?

JP. They localized it, but are never releasing it because no one outside of Japan likes the PSP it seems.
#9kjellboyPosted 11/21/2012 3:37:13 PM
Second_Chances posted...
kjellboy posted...
JP, NA or EU PSN store?

JP. They localized it, but are never releasing it because no one outside of Japan likes the PSP it seems.

Now that sucks. I've been waiting for Type-0 to be released for Europe for quite some time now.
---
(Steam: lordkjellboy)(PSN: KingKjellboy)(Xfire: kjellboy)(Gamertag: Lord Kjellboy)
#10The_DjokerPosted 11/21/2012 3:40:17 PM
theofficefan99 posted...

Noone is going to pay $40 for an iOS game, so it's useless putting it on that paltform. a 3DS version is their best bet. I wouldn't care. I would buy the game on XBox Arcade IF i have to.

In fact, i'd rather they put this on PSN and Xbox so it can be played with proper controller.
---
http://s12.postimage.org/8orxdffrv/ps4golden.png