So, I just played the Type-0 demo...

#21SieKensouPosted 11/21/2012 9:50:41 PM
Doomerang posted...
there's a ton of things to localize... you'll probably end up localizing the whole game thus destroying the game itself...

unless you go for a pure translation format... then it will only go as far as ppl can accept the jp style of a war epic. which i'm not so sure usa gamers are willing to accept (generalizing, i know... but that's what i gather from these boards)

Localization =/= destroying the game. If a game is properly localized, then it keeps the same impact and intentions that the developers wanted to show, even if not in the same way as the Japanese game (for example, changing Tina to Terra in FF6 to keep the exotic feel). A "pure" translation has more of a chance of ruining a game than a properly-done localization ever will.

for type-0, localizing the game will destroy it... the whole game is a japanese styled storyline. thus if you want to localize a japanese war epic, it will be polar opposite.. since that's how different a japanese war epic is to an american war epic
---
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462
#22theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2012 12:57:23 AM
alexg1989 posted...
God I want this game so badly. Crisis Core was awesome. This seems even better...

Hopefully though it gets released here as a Vita game in a Vita cartridge... The PSP is pretty much dead in America, and something bearing the FF name which is also by most accounts an amazing game, I think should do go great with the Vita....

It could push quite a few units for the Vita as well.

And yeah, after my playtime with Type-0, even though I didn't understand a THING, it is 100x better than Crisis Core in about every way. The game is phenomenal.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#23DarthLaharlPosted 11/22/2012 1:15:04 AM
For those of you who want to know why it's taking so long..

http://rpgland.com/editorials/the-final-fantasy-type-0-localization-problem-you-might-not-know-about/

It's the song. Just like why Crisis Core and KH aren't on PSN.
---
---
PSN: Unretributed
#24ZendaikPosted 11/22/2012 1:27:10 AM(edited)
DarthLaharl posted...

http://rpgland.com/editorials/the-final-fantasy-type-0-localization-problem-you-might-not-know-about/

---

That's just speculation. Also, if what's been said is true, they've localized most of the game already. They just haven't released it due to "market reasons."
---
Monster Hunter Tri, Kid Icarus: Uprising IDs: Kirolos
#25theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2012 9:17:07 AM
DarthLaharl posted...

---

That's just speculation...
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#26Chaos_MissilePosted 11/22/2012 9:59:09 AM
DarthLaharl posted...

---

>Sept 29, 2012

Highlighted just in case. That's the date of your article.

Here's something from 15 November 2012: http://operation-suzaku.com/2012/11/15/english-localization-almost-done-but/

According to our source, who recorded voice-over for one of the characters in the game, at least 90% of the English localization is complete. The dubbing sessions took place in the last quarter of 2011, just after the release (October 27th) of Final Fantasy Type-0 in Japan. The entirety of the English dub recording is said to be complete.

But things went wrong near the beginning of 2012. PSP software and hardware sales had not been doing very well in the US–namely SE’s own PSP titles which had failed to perform at retail earlier in 2011. Square Enix reacted to this by essentially shelving Type-0 for good, which is evident from the lack of any sort of dialogue on the game since hints of an overseas version were last shared in the game’s Ultimania guide book.

Our source claims that Square Enix is now waiting for a strong show of interests from fans. Recently, director Hajime Tabata shared some concerning comments on Type-0 with GameSpot, and this is what prompted action on part of the voice actor. According to them, the project is “currently on hold.”

What’s more is that we have confirmation from a second source that Square Enix is having a hard time coming to any sort of resolution regarding a western release. They claim that Sony Computer Entertainment hasn’t been much help either, and so the title is at a standstill as they’ve exhausted all options. They did not elaborate further, but admitted their frustration in all this mess. At this point they wouldn’t be surprised if Type-0 never saw an overseas release.

*PS: for some odd reason, part of the music box version of that song reminds me of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUcZBcP8D0E
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#27Hercik1Posted 11/22/2012 12:23:02 PM
SieKensou posted...
Doomerang posted...
there's a ton of things to localize... you'll probably end up localizing the whole game thus destroying the game itself...

unless you go for a pure translation format... then it will only go as far as ppl can accept the jp style of a war epic. which i'm not so sure usa gamers are willing to accept (generalizing, i know... but that's what i gather from these boards)

Localization =/= destroying the game. If a game is properly localized, then it keeps the same impact and intentions that the developers wanted to show, even if not in the same way as the Japanese game (for example, changing Tina to Terra in FF6 to keep the exotic feel). A "pure" translation has more of a chance of ruining a game than a properly-done localization ever will.

for type-0, localizing the game will destroy it... the whole game is a japanese styled storyline. thus if you want to localize a japanese war epic, it will be polar opposite.. since that's how different a japanese war epic is to an american war epic

Night raid 1931 got dubbed and translated without it losing it's meaning and is a very good anime so I don't think your point is valid.
#28theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2012 1:14:34 PM
Hercik1 posted...
SieKensou posted...
Doomerang posted...

Night raid 1931 got dubbed and translated without it losing it's meaning and is a very good anime so I don't think your point is valid.

Yeah I really don't see how Type-0 can be "ruined." Sure, they need to take some cautious steps, but that's about it.
---
#29HalecticPosted 11/22/2012 1:56:13 PM
This is a prime example of rampat NA PSP piracy preventing a game from being released
---
Digimon World Dawn FC 000111545835
#30hypermoePosted 11/22/2012 2:00:18 PM
Hercik1 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
Needless to say, all but the most ardent of the Lightning Saga fans are pissed at Square Enix.

You want to see Square Enix fans pissed watch them announce type-0 coming over on 3ds or ios. Then you'll see pitchforks.

In all honesty i wouldnt mind if it came to the 3ds, but for the IOS its just not going to work. for one this is nothing like the games they have now, eg final fantasy, chaos rings, etc. some of the games they have i believe are a bitt too much for their price, but something like Type 0 will cost them at least 40-60$ im ringing for 60$ since most of their items are expensive.
---
I walk alone in the universe as the last of The Time Lords!