So, I just played the Type-0 demo...

#31SieKensouPosted 11/22/2012 5:03:32 PM
Hercik1 posted...
SieKensou posted...
Doomerang posted...
there's a ton of things to localize... you'll probably end up localizing the whole game thus destroying the game itself...

unless you go for a pure translation format... then it will only go as far as ppl can accept the jp style of a war epic. which i'm not so sure usa gamers are willing to accept (generalizing, i know... but that's what i gather from these boards)

Localization =/= destroying the game. If a game is properly localized, then it keeps the same impact and intentions that the developers wanted to show, even if not in the same way as the Japanese game (for example, changing Tina to Terra in FF6 to keep the exotic feel). A "pure" translation has more of a chance of ruining a game than a properly-done localization ever will.

for type-0, localizing the game will destroy it... the whole game is a japanese styled storyline. thus if you want to localize a japanese war epic, it will be polar opposite.. since that's how different a japanese war epic is to an american war epic

Night raid 1931 got dubbed and translated without it losing it's meaning and is a very good anime so I don't think your point is valid.

game =/= anime.... unfortunately, the game industry hasn't followed the anime industry in terms of how things of this sort should be dealt with... *glares at NISA*
---
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462
#32theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2012 8:12:35 PM
Halectic posted...
This is a prime example of rampat NA PSP piracy preventing a game from being released

Yes, unfortunately, it is :/

And we're all missing out. Seriously. The demo alone is wonderful.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#33xfactorPosted 11/22/2012 8:32:56 PM
Hercik1 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
Needless to say, all but the most ardent of the Lightning Saga fans are pissed at Square Enix.

You want to see Square Enix fans pissed watch them announce type-0 coming over on 3ds or ios. Then you'll see pitchforks.

Why will Square Enix fans be pissed for the company localizing the game ?
---
www.capcom.co.jp/bio6
#34Hercik1Posted 11/22/2012 9:16:24 PM
xfactor posted...
Hercik1 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
Needless to say, all but the most ardent of the Lightning Saga fans are pissed at Square Enix.

You want to see Square Enix fans pissed watch them announce type-0 coming over on 3ds or ios. Then you'll see pitchforks.

Why will Square Enix fans be pissed for the company localizing the game ?

A lot of people were angry when final fantasy XIII was going multiplatform and that was still coming to the ps3. I'm not saying there right but fans get butthurt over the weirdest things. Also remember the whole twewy thing and how angry people got.
#35SpotlessedenPosted 11/22/2012 9:19:23 PM
SE doesn't release the game because they don't think it's going to sell.
#36theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 12:01:20 AM
Spotlesseden posted...
SE doesn't release the game because they don't think it's going to sell.

On the PSP it won't.

Dissidia sold 1 million copies, but it was pirated 5 million times.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#37OtakuD50Posted 11/23/2012 12:51:49 AM
SieKensou posted...
Hercik1 posted...
SieKensou posted...
Doomerang posted...
there's a ton of things to localize... you'll probably end up localizing the whole game thus destroying the game itself...

unless you go for a pure translation format... then it will only go as far as ppl can accept the jp style of a war epic. which i'm not so sure usa gamers are willing to accept (generalizing, i know... but that's what i gather from these boards)

Localization =/= destroying the game. If a game is properly localized, then it keeps the same impact and intentions that the developers wanted to show, even if not in the same way as the Japanese game (for example, changing Tina to Terra in FF6 to keep the exotic feel). A "pure" translation has more of a chance of ruining a game than a properly-done localization ever will.

for type-0, localizing the game will destroy it... the whole game is a japanese styled storyline. thus if you want to localize a japanese war epic, it will be polar opposite.. since that's how different a japanese war epic is to an american war epic

Night raid 1931 got dubbed and translated without it losing it's meaning and is a very good anime so I don't think your point is valid.

game =/= anime.... unfortunately, the game industry hasn't followed the anime industry in terms of how things of this sort should be dealt with... *glares at NISA*

Yeah, let's glare at NISA for actually getting things released and making memorable localizations!
---
Natsume (4th): Lv.99 1000 Affection 23:05:36 1038000GP
"Now, gods, stand up for bastards!
#38SieKensouPosted 11/23/2012 7:12:09 AM
OtakuD50 posted...
Yeah, let's glare at NISA for actually getting things released and making memorable localizations!

i only know NISA for destroying original works. not sure about you.
---
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462
#39TerotrousPosted 11/23/2012 7:56:47 AM
This whole thing is ludicrously stupid. Square Enix finally puts out a good FF and can't get it over here? This should have been the biggest no-brainer of all time from a localization standpoint.

If the song is a problem, just cut it out and all dialogue tied to it. No one will care.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GEN Alien Soldier"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#40OtakuD50Posted 11/23/2012 1:17:10 PM
SieKensou posted...
OtakuD50 posted...

i only know NISA for destroying original works. not sure about you.

I know NISA for having the balls to successfully release a Sakura Wars game in English, AND produce separate discs for Japanese and English when they didn't need to.

Oh boo hoo, they were liberal instead of strict with their localizations! How dare they rape the pure Japaneseness of the games!
---
Natsume (4th): Lv.99 1000 Affection 23:05:36 1038000GP
"Now, gods, stand up for bastards!