So, Persona 4 Golden SMASHES every game on VITA/ 3DS

#31FierceJelloPosted 11/22/2012 3:41:24 AM
Look at the highest scores it's receiving.

Destructoid's resident Okaku is Dale North. Who reviewed it for Destructoid? Dale North.

RPGFan and RPGamer are both otaku fanrags.

Meanwhile Plastation LifeStyle and PlayStation Universe are both Sony fanrags.

And even GameSpot had their token JRPG girl Heidi Kemps review it.

Real reviewers would rip this otaku timesink apart.
#32FierceJelloPosted 11/22/2012 3:42:15 AM
ServantOfErieos posted...
FierceJello posted...
Four year old port that's only been reviewed by each site's token staff otaku. No one else wants to review an otaku time sink like this. If real critics reviewed it, they'd rip it apart for being a childish dating sim with generic turn-based combat and mind-numbing grinding.

This is incorrect, GameSpot is known for destroying RPGs and not really showing any Japanese games REAL love.
Your point is so offbase. Look at its metacritic, then if you want want. ZERO mixed ratings.

nuff said.

Heidi Kemps is GameSpot's token JRPG review girl. Get real.
#33FierceJelloPosted 11/22/2012 3:43:30 AM
Solid_PW posted...
Still, it's ****ing Persona 4 on a handheld, what more can you ask for ?

An original game with high-end graphics that isn't a mindless otaku timesink?
#34ServantOfErieos(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2012 3:46:44 AM
Solid_PW posted...
I admit, it's great and all but I'd rather see an original game for the Vita being praised as such rather than an awesome enhanced port.

I understand your point, but you gotta understand that some people from the western audience may never have played anything from the persona series. So to some us, this is all really new to us. I recently completed the magnificent p3p for the first time, I was just wishing that western reviewers would show some love to the series so that it would help with sales so they develop more games for western audiences because some of the themes in persona game as strange and weird as they are, do crossover well to us western folk.

It's like when England adopted tea from china and made it their "own" thing.
---
Lord Erieos is coming...
#35ServantOfErieos(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2012 3:50:24 AM
FierceJello posted...
Solid_PW posted...

You do know that throwing the word "otaku" around, senselessly, isn't just going to magically add any weight to any point, you're trying to make.
---
Lord Erieos is coming...
#36FierceJelloPosted 11/22/2012 3:55:03 AM(edited)
And GameSpot is known for being hard on JRPGs? LOL Vanord is senior editor there and he's a complete JRPG fanboy. He even cries during Final Fantasy games. He's the one that gave FFXIII an 8.5 even though the game's complete garbage both in terms of gameplay and in terms of narrative.

And they don't give Japanese games any respect? They gave GotY to MGS4 (another bad game with gabarge narrative) and Demon's Souls.

You have no idea what you're talking about.
#37NathanisDrakePosted 11/22/2012 3:51:17 AM
I knew Vita owners would hype this game up to high heavens. I called it. You poor saps have no other games to play... :'(

Enjoy the game while it last, that's all I can say.
---
Fanboys, especially SONY fanboys, are what's wrong with gaming. Not changing my sig till someone proves me wrong.
#38FierceJelloPosted 11/22/2012 3:52:38 AM
ServantOfErieos posted...
FierceJello posted...
Solid_PW posted...

You do know that throwing the word "otaku" around, senselessly, isn't just going to magically add any weight to any point, you're trying to make.

Anyone with a passing knowledge of JRPG culture knows exactly what I'm talking about no matter how much you want to hide from the word because you're embarrassed to by it.
#39ServantOfErieos(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2012 3:56:58 AM
FierceJello posted...
Look at the highest scores it's receiving.

Destructoid's resident Okaku is Dale North. Who reviewed it for Destructoid? Dale North.

RPGFan and RPGamer are both otaku fanrags.

Meanwhile Plastation LifeStyle and PlayStation Universe are both Sony fanrags.

And even GameSpot had their token JRPG girl Heidi Kemps review it.

Real reviewers would rip this otaku timesink apart.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-vita/persona-4-golden

Wait, so let me get this straight, you think all 18 reviewers so far who reviewed the game are all not REAL, reviewers. ROOOFLL

I wanna hear your explanation right before the whole board LOOOLS at you.
---
Lord Erieos is coming...
#40badboyPosted 11/22/2012 3:57:37 AM
persona is ridiculously overrated