Insane Vita Assassin's Creed bundle tomorrow at Amazon for $179.99

#31SpotlessedenPosted 11/22/2012 12:17:34 PM
smp61687 posted...
Cool if I do end up getting it, I'll be looking at also buying MGS HD, Madden 13, Persona 4, COD Declassified, and Gravity Rush. Any other ideas?

don't buy Gravity Rush, you can get it from ps plus. It's a short game, you should able to beat it within a month.
#32Chicken453Posted 11/22/2012 12:24:16 PM
This deal looks amazing, way better than anything we would get here in europe. It's $179 which is like 132 or 112 wow, I would save a whole like 150/170.

Shame i bet this can't be imported, will these deals be able to be shipped internationally? please can someone tell me.
---
Just a chicken
#33chaos_sage0265Posted 11/22/2012 1:05:47 PM
smp61687 posted...
Cool if I do end up getting it, I'll be looking at also buying MGS HD, Madden 13, Persona 4, COD Declassified, and Gravity Rush. Any other ideas?

CoD: Declassified is one of the worst games to come out in the past five years. It is literally 40 minutes long with one of the most atrocious MP experiences in existence.

And just buy MGS: HD on console. MGS 2 and 3 are not a portable friendly games, and you will likely regret it.
---
"We will be remembered for this. White Wall."
#34WiiFan77Posted 11/22/2012 1:10:38 PM
chaos_sage0265 posted...
MGS 2 and 3 are not a portable friendly games, and you will likely regret it.

How so?
---
???
#35aak57Posted 11/22/2012 1:15:35 PM
He's probably referring to the really long cutscenes and such. Not being good for a bus or train ride and the like.
---
May thine...strength...help the world be mended
http://i.imgur.com/HdBP0.jpg
#36chaos_sage0265Posted 11/22/2012 1:18:24 PM
WiiFan77 posted...
chaos_sage0265 posted...
MGS 2 and 3 are not a portable friendly games, and you will likely regret it.

How so?

The entire premise of a portable system (to me) is having the ability to easily get in some gaming on the go. With Metal Gear Solid, you can't simply slip in and out of the experience as it's largely cinematic. Large amounts of time are spent watching cutscenes.

The reason Peace Walker and AC!D worked so well as portable titles is because they removed a significant amount of that. I can only imagine playing MGS 2 on the bus home from work only to arrive at your stop in the middle of a cutscene.
---
"We will be remembered for this. White Wall."
#37theofficefan99Posted 11/22/2012 1:24:21 PM
skyrimer3d posted...
Wow, that deal is ridiculous, it almost makes me want to get it just to get a white vita along my black one lol

theofficefan99 posted...
I would buy this, but unfortunately, there are no good games on the Vita that aren't ports.

Troll attempt fail, Gravity Rush, 83 metascore, 8.4 user rating. Next...

Not trolling.

That's one good game (and personally, it looks lame to me). ONE.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#38NicoGrimmPosted 11/22/2012 1:25:00 PM
smp61687 posted...
Any chance this deal is bogus....? lol I reeeeeally want to get this deal, but I don't want my hopes to get up :P

it's a Gold box deal, you have to be fast in those deal. A lot of those hot deals only last for 1min or less. You have to be ready with you mouse at 12 p.m. PST.

Did they change it? I heard it was one of the All Day Gold Box Deals.
---
'Cause I like you so much better when you're naked! I like me so much better when you're naked!
#39theofficefan99Posted 11/22/2012 1:26:21 PM
Manilo_Punish posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
I would buy this, but unfortunately, there are no good games on the Vita that aren't ports.

The jealousy is strong with this one.

Jealousy? What would I be jealous of?

I love the PSP, I love Sony products, but man, they just don't care anymore about anything. Their quality and their care has been slipping, and the Vita is the prime example of that. Overpriced, filled with ports, barely any good exclusive non-ports, barely any good games in the horizon, almost zero advertising, etc. etc.

I haven't been on this board very long, but honestly, it's very apparent that you guys are just trying to reassure yourselves. The Vita is a failure and it needs a miracle. Period.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#40NachoWCheesePosted 11/22/2012 1:26:33 PM
Very much agree with everyone else that this is an amazing deal and anyone interested in the device should heavily consider it at this price point. If it is not your cup of tea you could probably sell it and still break even but I bet if you give it a chance that won't happen.