Vita #1 game or 3DS #1 game in top 10, which is better?

#31kyncaniPosted 11/24/2012 8:45:05 PM
-Equinox- posted...
I was merely poking fun at those that place so much stock in Metacritic or any ratings or review site. It's not as if a bad review or rating of a game will suddenly prevent me from enjoying it. Each gamer has their own personal taste and it's impossible for critics or the gaming community to know what you'll like and what you won't.

Ok, but outside of personal tastes, sometime you just need a rating. Everything else is hard rated, that's just a fact of life, and when I can't play games for personal reasons for a few months, then have six+ months without playing games for "real life" reasons, then have a few more months without playing games, a note is just a convenient filter when I go through the latest releases. I just cannot check all games, news, reviews and videos after all, I just have 52 weeks a year, 7 days a week and 24 hours each day. It's just a first filter though, that much I can agree with.
And as far as objective ratings go, I'll just use the metacritic ratings. Does not mean I haven't spent hundred of hours on less than 80 rated games, if it just so happens that I especially like the genre.

Let's say someone ask you a source for hard numbered ratings, for whatever reasons, like it's simple for example and that person has time constraints and needs something simple or whatever. If not metacritic, what would be the source ?
#32jessica73Posted 11/24/2012 9:10:20 PM
If you mean message boards, Harvest Moon imo
delicious placeholder to the true HHGotF, Rune Factory 4 (and then HHPortotF, DQ7)
---
http://steamcard.com/do/nxe/thebotqueen.png
#33VsinPosted 11/24/2012 9:18:31 PM
Sorry guys, but in a Top 10 vs Top 10 battle, Vita loses instantly because of Blops. That, and FFX HD is delayed indefinitely.
---
If I'm not Vsin, I'm Aldracity.
#34Rishah0078Posted 11/24/2012 9:57:18 PM
AstralFrost posted...
Paper Mario vs Persona 4 Golden.
Mario has 77 on metacritic and Persona has 95.
Persona wins hands down.

Out of the Park Baseball 2007 and Super QuickHook both got 96s. Clearly metacritic is not the know-all end-all you seem to think it is or Every game that doesn't rate above 96 is just terrible.

That said, I'm not entirely sure what the question is. If the question really is Persona vs Paper Mario, i'll take Persona. If we're talking about the top 10 games on each system, I'll take the 3ds.
#35TyrantLowKeyPosted 11/24/2012 10:07:49 PM
Seriously I love my 3DS buy. Great great system. I often every gen end up with all 2 or 3 consoles but the order in which I buy them differs (though I will say that I ended up getting the Sony PSX/PS2/PS3 first in all generations). I bought the 3DS first (since it came out first) but to me (and this is from someone that has played all the Persona games except Innocent Sin and P4), PSVita has the best game of the two No. 1's. Personally speaking of course
---
All time favs: FFX Int., FFXIII, Shadow Hearts Series, SMT: Nocturne, SMT DS OC (3DS), ToGF, TotA, FFT, Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, ARF (Wii), LO (360), TO (PSP)
#36twylight777Posted 11/24/2012 10:29:04 PM
p4g is really excellent, 3ds is collecting epic dust for me
---
Extended warranties and Monster Cables are for the mathematically challenged.