POLL: Vita and Orbis (Playstation 4)

#1wolf_blitzer85Posted 11/24/2012 1:40:34 PM
Would you give the Vita and PS4 special capabilities if someone owned Both? - Results (58 votes)
Yes
79.31% (46 votes)
No
20.69% (12 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Idea: Give the Vita some sort of special ability that an Orbis (codename for the Playstation 4) owner could use.

example: one touch purchase of games for PS4 from the Vita interface.
VIP status on Sony online (10% discount for one game each quarter, on birthdays, etc.)
faster downloading from Playstation store
Access to exclusive content (DLC) that regular PS4 owners would have to pay for

TL;DR:
If you bought a Vita and owned a PS4, you just special privileges. Are you for that?
---
It's not over yet, America! In 2014, we sweep the Tea Party OUT of the House and re-take it. For 'Merikuh! For Freedom!
#2biggy204Posted 11/24/2012 1:52:10 PM
wolf_blitzer85 posted...
Idea: Give the Vita some sort of special ability that an Orbis (codename for the Playstation 4) owner could use.

example: one touch purchase of games for PS4 from the Vita interface.
VIP status on Sony online (10% discount for one game each quarter, on birthdays, etc.)
faster downloading from Playstation store
Access to exclusive content (DLC) that regular PS4 owners would have to pay for

TL;DR:
If you bought a Vita and owned a PS4, you just special privileges. Are you for that?

I say yes but, some of these are actually already implemented via PS+. Minus the whole discounts on birthdays thing and such. You already get monthly deals via PS+ and some free/Discounted DLC also via PS+.
---
"Do you smelllllllllllllllllllllll what The Rock Is Cookin" - the Rock
"No but who farted??" - Everyone else
#3wolf_blitzer85(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 7:31:05 AM
Downloading Netflix movies directly into the Vita with one button press (exclusive to Vita+PS4 owners) from the PS4 makes sense too.

bump for moar ideas.
---
It's not over yet, America! In 2014, we sweep the Tea Party OUT of the House and re-take it. For 'Merikuh! For Freedom!
#4nedrithPosted 11/25/2012 7:38:48 AM(edited)
sure just don't do it like nintendo and the gamecube, don't want to see anything like 4 swords or FF:CC where you need multiple GBA's to play multiplayer.

now if they made it a choice and could use multiple vitas or multiple PS4s or splitscreen and perhaps a combination of the above it wouldn't be bad.
#5neojamesPosted 11/25/2012 9:42:44 AM
remote play! pretty sad that Sony did not come through like they promised originally. 2 games so far that I know of. Ico collection and GOW

loving this feature on the WiiU!
#6MetalZoicPosted 11/25/2012 9:46:19 AM

It would be stupid of Sony not to do this, although after owning a PS3 that still wouldn't be enough to get me to buy a PS4.
#7badboyPosted 11/25/2012 9:52:39 AM
im not sure if i want to buy another home console. pc + handhelds are good enough for me. i rarely use my ps3/x360/wii.
#8kyncaniPosted 11/25/2012 9:52:58 AM
Why not just make the vita and the ps4 good consoles on their own instead of trying and trapping consumers into buying both a vita and a ps4 ? I don't like it.
#9SilentHawk29Posted 11/25/2012 9:53:44 AM
Faster download speeds? Lol what?
---
PSN - Srikar || WKC2 - Jinto
My car: http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/239/71newwheels06.jpg
#10wolf_blitzer85(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 2:21:25 PM
kyncani posted...
Why not just make the vita and the ps4 good consoles on their own instead of trying and trapping consumers into buying both a vita and a ps4 ? I don't like it.

You'd be surprised how many people will pay extra just to have VIP status.
example: to a club or party (Super Bowl, anyone?)

SilentHawk29 posted...
Faster download speeds? Lol what?

Give a Vita+PS4 owner a higher bandwith path to the server. Kind of like bit torrent.
---