POLL: Vita and Orbis (Playstation 4)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. POLL: Vita and Orbis (Playstation 4)

User Info: wolf_blitzer85

wolf_blitzer85
4 years ago#1
Would you give the Vita and PS4 special capabilities if someone owned Both? - Results (58 votes)
Yes
79.31% (46 votes)
No
20.69% (12 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Idea: Give the Vita some sort of special ability that an Orbis (codename for the Playstation 4) owner could use.

example: one touch purchase of games for PS4 from the Vita interface.
VIP status on Sony online (10% discount for one game each quarter, on birthdays, etc.)
faster downloading from Playstation store
Access to exclusive content (DLC) that regular PS4 owners would have to pay for

TL;DR:
If you bought a Vita and owned a PS4, you just special privileges. Are you for that?
It's not over yet, America! In 2014, we sweep the Tea Party OUT of the House and re-take it. For 'Merikuh! For Freedom!

User Info: biggy204

biggy204
4 years ago#2
wolf_blitzer85 posted...
Idea: Give the Vita some sort of special ability that an Orbis (codename for the Playstation 4) owner could use.

example: one touch purchase of games for PS4 from the Vita interface.
VIP status on Sony online (10% discount for one game each quarter, on birthdays, etc.)
faster downloading from Playstation store
Access to exclusive content (DLC) that regular PS4 owners would have to pay for

TL;DR:
If you bought a Vita and owned a PS4, you just special privileges. Are you for that?

I say yes but, some of these are actually already implemented via PS+. Minus the whole discounts on birthdays thing and such. You already get monthly deals via PS+ and some free/Discounted DLC also via PS+.
"Do you smelllllllllllllllllllllll what The Rock Is Cookin" - the Rock
"No but who farted??" - Everyone else

wolf_blitzer85
4 years ago#3
Downloading Netflix movies directly into the Vita with one button press (exclusive to Vita+PS4 owners) from the PS4 makes sense too.

bump for moar ideas.
It's not over yet, America! In 2014, we sweep the Tea Party OUT of the House and re-take it. For 'Merikuh! For Freedom!

User Info: nedrith

nedrith
4 years ago#4
sure just don't do it like nintendo and the gamecube, don't want to see anything like 4 swords or FF:CC where you need multiple GBA's to play multiplayer.

now if they made it a choice and could use multiple vitas or multiple PS4s or splitscreen and perhaps a combination of the above it wouldn't be bad.

User Info: neojames

neojames
4 years ago#5
remote play! pretty sad that Sony did not come through like they promised originally. 2 games so far that I know of. Ico collection and GOW

loving this feature on the WiiU!

User Info: MetalZoic

MetalZoic
4 years ago#6

It would be stupid of Sony not to do this, although after owning a PS3 that still wouldn't be enough to get me to buy a PS4.

User Info: badboy

badboy
4 years ago#7
im not sure if i want to buy another home console. pc + handhelds are good enough for me. i rarely use my ps3/x360/wii.

User Info: kyncani

kyncani
4 years ago#8
Why not just make the vita and the ps4 good consoles on their own instead of trying and trapping consumers into buying both a vita and a ps4 ? I don't like it.

User Info: SilentHawk29

SilentHawk29
4 years ago#9
Faster download speeds? Lol what?
PSN - Srikar || WKC2 - Jinto
My car: http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/239/71newwheels06.jpg

wolf_blitzer85
4 years ago#10
kyncani posted...
Why not just make the vita and the ps4 good consoles on their own instead of trying and trapping consumers into buying both a vita and a ps4 ? I don't like it.

You'd be surprised how many people will pay extra just to have VIP status.
example: to a club or party (Super Bowl, anyone?)

SilentHawk29 posted...
Faster download speeds? Lol what?

Give a Vita+PS4 owner a higher bandwith path to the server. Kind of like bit torrent.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. POLL: Vita and Orbis (Playstation 4)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived