"Free games on PS+ aren't free."

#21GameNextPosted 11/24/2012 5:26:29 PM
Nnamz posted...
I lend you my Ferrari for $50 a year. As long as you keep paying me, you can use it and keep it at your place. If you stop paying me, you can't use it anymore, but I'll keep the seat and mirrors in the same position for you if you ever decide you want it back.

"But it's not free guys!!! IT'S NOT FREEEEE!!"

This.
#22NnamzPosted 11/24/2012 5:28:26 PM
Abiz_ posted...
I lend you my Ferrari for $50 a year. As long as you keep paying me, you can use it and keep it at your place. If you stop paying me, you can't use it anymore, but I'll keep the seat and mirrors in the same position for you if you ever decide you want it back.

It's not though. :\ It's a bargain. Why are you guys trying to kill the word bargain. What did it do to you 2?

But it's NOT a bargain since "YOU DON'T OWN THE FERRARI!!!!!!" It is therefore my job to pretend that this is a bad thing.

>_>
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 3780 - 9095 - 9402 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#23plo617Posted 11/24/2012 5:30:35 PM
I understand the argument that you are merely renting games and will cease to have them once your subscription ends. You have to also consider that the vast majority of gamers end up selling their games anyway. Now you can play the game and move on, without the loss of buying games and trading them for a fraction of what you paid.

It's a service that pays for itself and gives the customer the sense that they are getting it for free. It's brilliant, and Sony should advertise the heck out of it.
#24EffectAndCause(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2012 5:32:25 PM(edited)
If my landlord told me if I gave him one month's rent per year I could stay in my apartment for as long as I want for free, i'd never buy a house. The next month being free covers the month I paid. So the entire year becomes completely free.

Is Sony told me if I gave them $50 bucks a year I could borrow a ton of games for as long as I want for free, i'd never buy those games. $50 dollars in games I want for free covers the $50 dollars I paid. So the entire year becomes completely free.

---
http://i50.tinypic.com/2hdruqq.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/wqr38o.gif
#25SlaysmePosted 11/24/2012 5:32:27 PM
Technically, they ARE free. You're not buying x amount of free games. What you pay for is automatic uploads, cloud saves, I hour game trials,etc.the instant game collection is a bonus. It's like when you sub to game informer, and GameStop gives you perks, only backwards.

The games are free. The sub is not.
You need the sub, like a key to play your free games. It's free games with DRM, not games that are not free.
---
Your television viewing may be a negative influence on your life. It may lie to you. Watch out! Don't believe the robots. Eat well
5412-9925-5942. Psn-slaysme
#26bsballa09Posted 11/24/2012 5:32:35 PM
50 dollars a month for a Ferrari might as well be considered free considering how much of a steal that is.
---
To me most, if not all, of Israel is land stolen from the Arabs. Israel deserved to be attacked from its very founding. - Charliesix (troll)
#27stargazer64Posted 11/24/2012 5:36:26 PM
EffectAndCause posted...
The 50 dollars is simply to activate the service, they kindly give you that money right back with all the free content they offer that you would've paid for anyway.

So you get all these games and don't have to pay any money for them? Man, if that were the case then they'd be free and that would be awesome.
---
What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing.
#28GodspokenPosted 11/24/2012 5:41:25 PM
Greatest gaming service? What about all the other rental services where you get to pick what you rent, for any system, at any time?
---
Currently playing: Persona 4 Golden (Vita), The Testament of Sherlock Holmes (PS3)
Raiiiiiiinbooooooow!
#29bsballa09Posted 11/24/2012 5:44:04 PM
Godspoken posted...
Greatest gaming service? What about all the other rental services where you get to pick what you rent, for any system, at any time?

You have to eventually return the game if you want to play another one.
---
To me most, if not all, of Israel is land stolen from the Arabs. Israel deserved to be attacked from its very founding. - Charliesix (troll)
#30TheBlackBat7Posted 11/24/2012 5:45:59 PM
Nnamz posted...

This isn't even completely correct Nnamz. How about I lend you my Garage (Picture Tony Stark's Garage) for $50 a year. Every couple of months I add new Cars for no additional cost, and whatever cars you've started using can stay at your house as long as you pay the yearly fee. And if you ever want to buy yourself a car, lemme know & I'll get you some sweet discounts and deals.
---
PSVita Council's official Secretary Of Defense
VPSN: theblackbat07