"Free games on PS+ aren't free."

#291AceAndJunpeiPosted 12/3/2012 3:25:15 PM
Nnamz posted...
AceAndJunpei posted...
zzamaro posted...
Even if you pay for the games, you don't really own them:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/fable-ii-pulled-from-xbox-live-6400935

Except for the fact that it remains in the download list and you CAN redownload them, as proven by the TMNT games on LIVE.

Your information is flawed.

He's right though. You don't own games that you buy online. You own the licence to play them.

If for some reason, Sony or Nintendo shut their business down and shut their servers down, once you lose your digital copy of the game you cannot redownload it.

I'm not talking about the long-term, I'm specifically responding to his link about Fable 2. Anyone who bought it on LIVE before it was pulled can still redownload it until the day the servers close. Beyond that, well, that's a different story.
---
Now Playing:AC3(360), NSMB U (WiiU), Zero Escape (3DS), Jet Set Radio (Vita)
#292NintatterdemonPosted 12/3/2012 4:35:09 PM
Technically yes, free games that're download only/require a subscription aren't free. But if the user is buying the service anyways, they might as well be. For all practical purposes, they are.
#293zzamaroPosted 12/3/2012 4:52:01 PM
AceAndJunpei posted...
Nnamz posted...
AceAndJunpei posted...
zzamaro posted...

Except for the fact that it remains in the download list and you CAN redownload them, as proven by the TMNT games on LIVE.

He's right though. You don't own games that you buy online. You own the licence to play them.

If for some reason, Sony or Nintendo shut their business down and shut their servers down, once you lose your digital copy of the game you cannot redownload it.

I'm not talking about the long-term, I'm specifically responding to his link about Fable 2. Anyone who bought it on LIVE before it was pulled can still redownload it until the day the servers close. Beyond that, well, that's a different story.

Did you even read the link? You CANNOT re-download stuff even if you paid for it.
---
[This signature was deleted at the request of the La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo.]
#294AceAndJunpeiPosted 12/3/2012 5:09:18 PM
zzamaro posted...
AceAndJunpei posted...
Nnamz posted...
AceAndJunpei posted...
zzamaro posted...

Did you even read the link? You CANNOT re-download stuff even if you paid for it.

I've heard this before about the TMNT games, and yet I deleted and re-downloaded them just fine. Maybe you can't with Fable 2, but you sure as hell can with the two TMNT games that were delisted.
---
Now Playing:AC3(360), NSMB U (WiiU), Zero Escape (3DS), Jet Set Radio (Vita)
#295cmdrdreddPosted 12/3/2012 5:17:31 PM
SilverWingZeta posted...
Holy hell I didn't know people on this board was this stupid. If you pay to use a service it is not free, doesn't matter what you get your paying for a service. And if you were to quit the payment you don't get those services, ergo IT'S NOT FREE at most it's discounted.

The games don't cost you $40 each though. They are offered as a perk of the service.

So what if you're paying for the service? What about the people paying for Xbox Live Gold to use Netflix? lol
---
"Do not be to eager to deal out death and judgment, for even the very wise cannot see all ends." -Gandalf
#296RD_21Posted 12/4/2012 7:25:41 AM
Nnamz posted...
AceAndJunpei posted...
zzamaro posted...

Technically you don't own the game you buy on disc either, only the licence to play them.
#297RD_21Posted 12/4/2012 7:26:43 AM
SilverWingZeta posted...
Holy hell I didn't know people on this board was this stupid. If you pay to use a service it is not free, doesn't matter what you get your paying for a service. And if you were to quit the payment you don't get those services, ergo IT'S NOT FREE at most it's discounted.

One question, if I am a subscriber, are the games free to play or not?
#298BikeaLossPosted 12/4/2012 7:27:20 AM
RD_21 posted...
Nnamz posted...
AceAndJunpei posted...
zzamaro posted...

Technically you don't own the game you buy on disc either, only the licence to play them.

But I play where, when and how I want. Period.
#299-Equinox-Posted 12/4/2012 7:43:45 AM
6 pages of people arguing over semantics. Never change Vita board, never change.

By the way, Sony themselves acknowledged that the games offered to + subscribers aren't free.
---
Currently playing: Persona 4 Golden(Vita) Style Savvy: Trendsetters(3DS) The Vita Board: Where statistics, facts, owning both systems and opinions are trolling.
#300stargazer64Posted 12/4/2012 8:03:09 AM
BikeaLoss posted...
RD_21 posted...
Nnamz posted...
AceAndJunpei posted...
zzamaro posted...

But I play where, when and how I want. Period.

And do you pay a fee in order to obtain access to the games?
---
What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing.