"Free games on PS+ aren't free."

#31Branc00Posted 11/24/2012 5:48:29 PM
Remember guys, Gamefaqs isn't free. You're only renting it as long as you pay your monthly internet fee.
---
I dig my hole, you build a wall.
One day that wall is gonna fall~
#32NnamzPosted 11/24/2012 5:48:59 PM
TheBlackBat7 posted...

This isn't even completely correct Nnamz. How about I lend you my Garage (Picture Tony Stark's Garage) for $50 a year. Every couple of months I add new Cars for no additional cost, and whatever cars you've started using can stay at your house as long as you pay the yearly fee. And if you ever want to buy yourself a car, lemme know & I'll get you some sweet discounts and deals.

But it's $50! It's not free! And I don't own the garage! NEVER say it's free or I will argue with you until I'm blue in the face and pass out! >:(
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 3780 - 9095 - 9402 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#33bsballa09Posted 11/24/2012 5:49:28 PM
Branc00 posted...
Remember guys, Gamefaqs isn't free. You're only renting it as long as you pay your monthly internet fee.

Not unless you use your neighbors WiFi.
---
To me most, if not all, of Israel is land stolen from the Arabs. Israel deserved to be attacked from its very founding. - Charliesix (troll)
#34Branc00Posted 11/24/2012 5:51:05 PM
bsballa09 posted...
Branc00 posted...

Not unless you use your neighbors WiFi.

Same could be said of getting free PS+ trials.
---
I dig my hole, you build a wall.
One day that wall is gonna fall~
#35DemonDog666Posted 11/24/2012 6:01:40 PM
DaSituation posted...
EffectAndCause posted...
DaSituation posted...
That's great. Doesn't change that they aren't free.

If i've made the money I spent back already, i'm not spending any money on the entire service for the entire year. How is that not free again?

1. "There ain't no such thing as a free lunch"
2. Your situation doesn't apply to everyone

If you need further clarification, I recommend you look up how ownership works and also take some Economics courses.

1. Only there is
2. People aren't paying for the games they are paying for the subscription, the games are free.
#36TheBlackBat7Posted 11/24/2012 6:03:48 PM
Nnamz posted...
TheBlackBat7 posted...

This isn't even completely correct Nnamz. How about I lend you my Garage (Picture Tony Stark's Garage) for $50 a year. Every couple of months I add new Cars for no additional cost, and whatever cars you've started using can stay at your house as long as you pay the yearly fee. And if you ever want to buy yourself a car, lemme know & I'll get you some sweet discounts and deals.

But it's $50! It's not free! And I don't own the garage! NEVER say it's free or I will argue with you until I'm blue in the face and pass out! >:(

Lol troll work on your reading skill. *Add another insult for good measure* No where did I mention free etc. etc. etc. *Last insult that involves your mother*
---
PSVita Council's official Secretary Of Defense
VPSN: theblackbat07
#37Angemon_23Posted 11/24/2012 6:25:12 PM
I lend you my Ferrari for $50 a year. As long as you keep paying me, you can use it and keep it at your place. If you stop paying me, you can't use it anymore, but I'll keep the seat and mirrors in the same position for you if you ever decide you want it back.

Don't even think about touching that radio dial. If it's not tuned to Magical Sound Shower the next time i turn it on, you'll regret it.
---
"Angemon_23 already rocked this topic to its very core, and everyone since is just posting in the ashes." - GradyHoover
#38CompassPosted 11/24/2012 6:26:58 PM
lol @ Nnamz melting down yet again. It's been a rough couple weeks for you, huh, bro.

I have PSN+, btw. It's worth it to me. And yet I don't lose my mind when people point out simple facts -- like how its "free" games aren't free at all.

I'm quirky like that, though, not letting the truth destroy my life.
#39DaSituationPosted 11/24/2012 6:29:17 PM(edited)
EffectAndCause posted...
I might not own it, but i'm not paying for it.

Never said I "own" it for free. I get to use it as long as I want for free, which basically makes ownership irrelevant.

You clearly need to go take some Economics courses. What you're arguing it simply how you see things, not how they are.

EffectAndCause posted...
"2. Your situation doesn't apply to everyone"

It seems impossible that there wouldn't be any games on PS+ that don't interest a subscriber, especially if they're enough of a gamer to consider PS+. And if there aren't, then maybe they shouldn't get it. But that's a fault of their own tastes, not the service.

I like buying the games I really want and usually at launch. I don't have time to play games I didn't want and games I did want, I would have gotten a long time before it hit PS+.

Again, you're projecting your point of view of the situation and your preferences on to this.

"Impossible"? I think not.

Branc00 posted...

No, you are doing exactly that. Paying to use gamefaqs unless you get free internet access.

It surprises me how basic Economic concepts go over people's heads.
---
Promoting a grenade-free America!
#40DaSituationPosted 11/24/2012 6:28:30 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
DaSituation posted...
EffectAndCause posted...
DaSituation posted...
That's great. Doesn't change that they aren't free.

If i've made the money I spent back already, i'm not spending any money on the entire service for the entire year. How is that not free again?

1. "There ain't no such thing as a free lunch"
2. Your situation doesn't apply to everyone

If you need further clarification, I recommend you look up how ownership works and also take some Economics courses.

1. Only there is
2. People aren't paying for the games they are paying for the subscription, the games are free.

1. Yep, deny an Economic concept.
2. Keep trolling.
---
Promoting a grenade-free America!