"Free games on PS+ aren't free."

#451EffectAndCause(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 3:42:30 PM
PS+ has paid for itself 10x over. I've saved way more than the 50 dollars I spent.

If the service was comprised of things i'd otherwise never pay for, it'd cost me 50 dollars. But there's plenty of things I would've bought if I didn't have PS+ giving them to me for free. Which means I've saved all that money I would've spent over the year. And means that the service hasn't costed me any money, I got back what I've put it and then some.
---
http://i50.tinypic.com/2hdruqq.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/wqr38o.gif
#452king_maddenPosted 12/9/2012 3:57:44 PM
MetalZoic posted...
in the case of gamestop or people who do buy 2 get 1 free.

you pay for item
you pay for the next item
you dont pay for the last item.

you're saying that last item isnt free even though you didnt pay for it?

No, he's saying that item isn't free because you did have to pay for it.

To get to that last item you must pay for the first 2 items.
You cannot get the last item unless you pay first.
Having to pay anything means that something isn't free.

This is fun!

and again, you had to pay for 2 separate items, and didnt have to pay for the last. so again you didnt pay for THAT item. paying for 2 items, isnt paying for that 3rd one. again definition is getting an item without paying for IT. you didnt pay for IT. you paid for 2 other things.

you cant get the free one unless you buy something else. buying something else isnt paying for another item. its paying for that one item and thats it. again nowhere in the definition does it say differently.
#453king_maddenPosted 12/9/2012 4:02:58 PM
MegaMettaur posted...
EffectAndCause posted...
If you put down 50 dollars, and you're planning on buying something that's 50 dollars and you get that for free, you've saved 50 dollars, which means the net amount you spent is 0 dollars.

I take it you have never balanced a check book in your life, or never done math. If you spend $50, the net amount is $50.

hes just saying he "saved" the other $50. just like any sale out there, if you go to the store to spend $500 on a tv, and then see its on sale for $400, that saved you $100. or if you were going to buy $100 worth of $25 games, its like you bought 2 and got the other 2 free, since you only spent $50 for all 4.

with ps+ hes saying without the service he wouldve spent hundreds or a whole lot more in the store, but because of the service he only had to pay $50, so he saved a bunch more money. if I have a $200 game budget and learn I only have to spend $50, thats $150 free for other things, so its like a "gain" in a sense.
#454YarottPosted 12/9/2012 4:08:44 PM
If anything, I prefer to pay for PS+ than for XBOX Live Gold. The former is an optional service, while the latter is a requirement.
---
Throughout Internet History, there weren't any Ganons or Zeldas, only Links.
The Official Stiltzkin of all boards
#455godofwar64Posted 12/9/2012 4:08:51 PM
Kinda surprised this topic is still going. It's pointless to argue this as it doesn't really matter what the situation is. You either want ps+ or you don''t. So this topic was really pointless.
#456GuitaristMattPosted 12/9/2012 4:11:39 PM
bump to 500 already this topic is stupid
---
"Fools set the rules in this world. Just take a look around. It's Undeniable."
Self Proclaimed Matt of your board
#457EffectAndCause(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 4:13:42 PM
The point of this topic is people are trying to discredit PS+ by saying the games aren't free because you pay 50 dollars for the service. I'm saying that not only are the games in fact free, but you even get that 50 dollars back.
---
http://i50.tinypic.com/2hdruqq.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/wqr38o.gif
#458MagoichiPosted 12/9/2012 4:55:58 PM(edited)
EffectAndCause posted...
The point of this topic is people are trying to discredit PS+ by saying the games aren't free because you pay 50 dollars for the service. I'm saying that not only are the games in fact free, but you even get that 50 dollars back.

They're not all arguing against the service, most of them just don't accept using the word a certain way (slang for something else that isn't free by definition). Almost everyone here agrees that the service is a really good deal but not for everyone.
#459MegaMettaurPosted 12/9/2012 4:56:19 PM
king_madden posted...
MetalZoic posted...
in the case of gamestop or people who do buy 2 get 1 free.

you pay for item
you pay for the next item
you dont pay for the last item.

you're saying that last item isnt free even though you didnt pay for it?

No, he's saying that item isn't free because you did have to pay for it.

To get to that last item you must pay for the first 2 items.
You cannot get the last item unless you pay first.
Having to pay anything means that something isn't free.

This is fun!

and again, you had to pay for 2 separate items, and didnt have to pay for the last. so again you didnt pay for THAT item. paying for 2 items, isnt paying for that 3rd one. again definition is getting an item without paying for IT. you didnt pay for IT. you paid for 2 other things.

you cant get the free one unless you buy something else. buying something else isnt paying for another item. its paying for that one item and thats it. again nowhere in the definition does it say differently.

Paying for those other two items are what pay for that 3rd one.
---
Now Playing (VITA): Ragnarok Oddysey, DJ Max Technika Tune (soon) PSN: Roksor.
Now Playing (PC): TalonRO
#460gomitePosted 12/9/2012 5:17:02 PM
EffectAndCause posted...
PS+ costs 50 dollars. I want Uncharted: Golden Abyss and Gravity Rush, I would buy them legitimately. Both games combined cost more than 50 dollars. I got them for free on PS+. Look at that, I just covered the $50 cost I paid for the yearly subscription because I would've spent that money on those two games, so I just got my money back. And now everything else for the entire year comes at no cost.

PS+ = greatest service in gaming history.

NEWSFLASH
ps+ is only 17.99 for a 3 month sub
---
BEAR HEIHACHI FOR DLC!!!!