50 dollars for full year round service.
---
http://i50.tinypic.com/2hdruqq.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/wqr38o.gif
#462king_maddenPosted 12/9/2012 5:52:08 PM
MegaMettaur posted...
king_madden posted...
MetalZoic posted...
in the case of gamestop or people who do buy 2 get 1 free.

you pay for item
you pay for the next item
you dont pay for the last item.

you're saying that last item isnt free even though you didnt pay for it?

No, he's saying that item isn't free because you did have to pay for it.

To get to that last item you must pay for the first 2 items.
You cannot get the last item unless you pay first.
Having to pay anything means that something isn't free.

This is fun!

and again, you had to pay for 2 separate items, and didnt have to pay for the last. so again you didnt pay for THAT item. paying for 2 items, isnt paying for that 3rd one. again definition is getting an item without paying for IT. you didnt pay for IT. you paid for 2 other things.

you cant get the free one unless you buy something else. buying something else isnt paying for another item. its paying for that one item and thats it. again nowhere in the definition does it say differently.

Paying for those other two items are what pay for that 3rd one.

i thought paying for the other 2, was paying for the other 2 items that you wanted? if you plan to get 3 games, and go and only pay for 2 of them, the 3rd one is free. you're adding stipulations in your head because you feel the only way for something to be free, is if nothing is required for anything, just given to you. while that is also free, that isnt the only way something can be free. you cheapen the other 2 items yourself just to support the claim.

fact still remains none of your money went directly to that 3rd game. your money specifically went to the full price of the other 2. just because there is a step to get the item doesnt take away it being free.

i do agree with the other poster though, theres never going to be a "winner" here, both sides have points, but at the end of the day the price, terms, and subscriptions are all going to be the same. what we think the correct terms are is really irrelevant.

i will ask this though, if we shouldnt call the buy 2 get 1, and ps+ games free, what do you think they should call it?
#463MetalZoicPosted 12/9/2012 6:08:54 PM
king_madden posted...

i do agree with the other poster though, theres never going to be a "winner" here, both sides have points, but at the end of the day the price, terms, and subscriptions are all going to be the same. what we think the correct terms are is really irrelevant.

i will ask this though, if we shouldnt call the buy 2 get 1, and ps+ games free, what do you think they should call it?

Yeah there really is no winner. Both sides can be argued and like you said it really is irrelevant. This was still a really fun topic though!

As for what they should be called? Since calling them "Free" is legal and fits the FTC rules then they should still be called "Free".
#464MagoichiPosted 12/9/2012 6:16:22 PM(edited)
Yeah there really is no winner.

One side features a lot of "you can do it but you're stupid" though...that's really the only thing that bothered me. I understand where both sides are coming from, but not the added condescension from so many different people.
#465MegaMettaurPosted 12/9/2012 8:14:50 PM
king_madden posted...
MegaMettaur posted...
king_madden posted...
MetalZoic posted...
in the case of gamestop or people who do buy 2 get 1 free.

you pay for item
you pay for the next item
you dont pay for the last item.

you're saying that last item isnt free even though you didnt pay for it?

No, he's saying that item isn't free because you did have to pay for it.

To get to that last item you must pay for the first 2 items.
You cannot get the last item unless you pay first.
Having to pay anything means that something isn't free.

This is fun!

and again, you had to pay for 2 separate items, and didnt have to pay for the last. so again you didnt pay for THAT item. paying for 2 items, isnt paying for that 3rd one. again definition is getting an item without paying for IT. you didnt pay for IT. you paid for 2 other things.

you cant get the free one unless you buy something else. buying something else isnt paying for another item. its paying for that one item and thats it. again nowhere in the definition does it say differently.

Paying for those other two items are what pay for that 3rd one.

i thought paying for the other 2, was paying for the other 2 items that you wanted? if you plan to get 3 games, and go and only pay for 2 of them, the 3rd one is free. you're adding stipulations in your head because you feel the only way for something to be free, is if nothing is required for anything, just given to you. while that is also free, that isnt the only way something can be free. you cheapen the other 2 items yourself just to support the claim.

fact still remains none of your money went directly to that 3rd game. your money specifically went to the full price of the other 2. just because there is a step to get the item doesnt take away it being free.

thought that, but perhaps you're wrong? Can you walk into said store and grab days free game without opening your wallet? You think your money isn't going towards the 3rd game, when it actually does, they just don't tell you that. Just like they tell you it's free when you pay for it.
---
Now Playing (VITA): Ragnarok Oddysey, DJ Max Technika Tune (soon) PSN: Roksor.
Now Playing (PC): TalonRO
#466BlazakenkiPosted 12/9/2012 11:12:55 PM
This just won't stop till the blood of an innocent virgin is spilt....
GOOD THING WE'RE ON GAMEFAQS!
---
PSN ID:CrownClown_
Add me so we can play =). English & Francais.
#467king_maddenPosted 12/10/2012 12:47:42 AM
MegaMettaur, again thats not the deal, but that still doesnt mean its not free. if you already plan to buy 3 games, and walk in with money to buy 2 of them, technically you are just walking out with that 3rd game. you only have enough money for 2, yet you're bringing home 3. so one of those wasnt paid for.

how does it go towards the 3rd game if all of it went to the regular price of the first 2? whether they tell us or not, its not like its a lie. whether they say buy 2 get 1 free, or buy 3 for $120. it wouldnt change anyones mind, but it can still be viewed as free and wouldnt be incorrect.
#468GuitaristMattPosted 12/10/2012 12:49:08 AM
bump 468
---
"Fools set the rules in this world. Just take a look around. It's Undeniable."
Self Proclaimed Matt of your board
#469MegaMettaurPosted 12/10/2012 12:53:45 AM
king_madden posted...
MegaMettaur, again thats not the deal

But that is the deal.
---
Now Playing (VITA): Ragnarok Oddysey, DJ Max Technika Tune (soon) PSN: Roksor.
Now Playing (PC): TalonRO
#470king_maddenPosted 12/10/2012 12:57:48 AM
MegaMettaur posted...
king_madden posted...
MegaMettaur, again thats not the deal

But that is the deal.

again the definition is getting an item without paying for it. if you are buying separate things and NOT paying for the last one, then you arent paying for that item. which is the definition.