Poll: Are the "free" PS+ games really free?

#31MetalZoicPosted 11/25/2012 3:36:30 PM
Rishah0078 posted...
They're not free, but what does it matter? If you own a PS Vita, this is a fantastic deals and one of the best programs out there.

It doesn't really matter. It's just entertaining to debate.
#32Neoreloaded313Posted 11/25/2012 4:08:21 PM
They are free to me. When I buy a game I beat it and then sell it. After beating PS+ games I couldn't care less if I may not have access to them if my subscription expires.
---
Trolls and ignorant people gets added to my ignore list.
#33UnbralPosted 11/25/2012 4:10:27 PM
No game is free, then, since you have to pay for a platform to play it on or the internet to download it.
---
The official Kouga Saburou of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#34PlayaMadeTxn05Posted 11/25/2012 4:17:29 PM
Le_Derpstick posted...
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...
sigh. PS+ games that you receive for your $50 a year subscription is equivalent to Gamefly's services. Except you pay a lot less, and receive discounts on other products. Now can we please stop with these redundant "PS+games" topics?

It's not though. If you pay for Gamefly, you're paying for games, and getting them. Those games are not free, you're specifically paying a price for them. Not a single thing is "free" in that exchange, from any perspective.

I don't think I said anything was free....I said it's similar to Gamefly's services. Which it is.
---
"You still play SNES & Genesis games? Yeah, they are terrible by today's standard. Graphics sells .. like it or not." - nariusseldon
#35hello_indigo(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 4:24:18 PM
MetalZoic posted...
hello_indigo posted...
Feels so good to get free games. Only had to pay $50 dollars for them :D
But now I also need to buy another memory card :D, for 50 more bucks, so that I can store all my PS+ downloaded content. Hooray for free stuff!

This cracked me up.

I thought the sarcasm was obvious :)
#36MetalZoicPosted 11/25/2012 4:27:03 PM
hello_indigo posted...
MetalZoic posted...
hello_indigo posted...
Feels so good to get free games. Only had to pay $50 dollars for them :D
But now I also need to buy another memory card :D, for 50 more bucks, so that I can store all my PS+ downloaded content. Hooray for free stuff!

This cracked me up.

I thought the sarcasm was obvious :)

Oh it is, that's why I found it so funny!
#37omegaGogetaPosted 11/25/2012 4:30:09 PM
You pay to reduce the cost of the game thereby meaning payment is required for them to cost nothing meaning free is just a term used to steer one away from the fact that you must shell out some form of currency in order to solidify the change of value in the game henceforth making it cost nothing yet at the same time cost something due to the fact a subscription is required to get them for nothing. Is any of this getting through to you?

Simplified answer. They are free and at the same time they are not.
---
PS3-omegaGogeta;Xbox360-TheOriginalJRod
#38D_Rich_KingPosted 11/25/2012 4:33:15 PM
Technically no, but they might as well be free
---
DLC is a method of corporate profiteering. Will you buy into it?
#39zeldafan477Posted 11/25/2012 4:36:03 PM
they are free in my eyes, because i didnt buy a ps+ subscription for the games, i bought it for the cloud saving and automatic updating.
---
Not changing this until Capcom either gets their act together or the company goes under (Dragon's Dogma was a good start.)
#40renzsweetPosted 11/25/2012 4:46:38 PM
It comes at "no additional cost". It seems an easy concept to understand.

---
I praise the name of Jesus.