PlayStation All Stars Debuts at..........

#31AnclationPosted 11/26/2012 10:29:12 AM
The reviews have been good, but not great, and a lot of people think of the game as a lazy Smash Bros. rip-off. Even so, I'd have expected it to come in higher than 38th..
#32Golden_MeanPosted 11/26/2012 10:34:32 AM
Anclation posted...
The reviews have been good, but not great, and a lot of people think of the game as a lazy Smash Bros. rip-off. Even so, I'd have expected it to come in higher than 38th..

Because it is a lazy smash bros.? It's purely a party game. No competitive aspect or depth because at its core it relies on getting instant-death power-ups to up your score and win. All the popular fighters at least have depth and a mode/method of equalizing the playing field such that winning was determined largely on skill and far, far less on luck.
---
Grasp Destiny. Forfeit Humanity. - Rah Xephon
#33KirbyCheatPosted 11/26/2012 10:46:02 AM
samuellee60 posted...
r_m_8_8 posted...
samuellee60 posted...
WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH

Fat Princess is not allowed to throw anybody, any direction, because SSBM already has a princess that can throw an enemy any direction?

Peach's mulitiple kicking aerials are being copied by Fat Princess even though Fat Princess doesn't even have a single kicking move?

Peach is allowed to summon Toad as a counter, yet Fat Princess can't attack with her minions in three different variations because it clearly means she is a copycat?

MAN! I DIDN'T REALIZE HOW MUCH PSASBR STOLE FROM SSB!!!!!!!! WHAT A TRAVESTY!

I'd better just GTFO of this topic now!

Wow, you're defensive (and wrong).

I said "some moves", not "her entire frame data", you clown.

You said entire frame data, because you said she "has some blatant copy-paste moves."

In order for there to be true copy-paste moves, her entire frame data would have to be copied.

Now please, kindly show yourself to the door.... clown.

English. Learn it.
He said SOME MOVES were basically a copy and paste.

You seem to have absolutely no idea how games are typically made.

Also, name another character in video gaming that shares similarities as close as those two. Same unique animations. Go ahead, take your time.
You make yourself look more and more ignorant with each post.
-
---
Stop pretending that the Vita, 3DS, PS3, and Xbox 360 are JUST video game systems. They're entertainment products.
Electronics evolve and advance. Deal with it.
#34samuellee60Posted 11/26/2012 10:47:30 AM
KirbyCheat posted...
samuellee60 posted...
r_m_8_8 posted...
samuellee60 posted...
WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH

Fat Princess is not allowed to throw anybody, any direction, because SSBM already has a princess that can throw an enemy any direction?

Peach's mulitiple kicking aerials are being copied by Fat Princess even though Fat Princess doesn't even have a single kicking move?

Peach is allowed to summon Toad as a counter, yet Fat Princess can't attack with her minions in three different variations because it clearly means she is a copycat?

MAN! I DIDN'T REALIZE HOW MUCH PSASBR STOLE FROM SSB!!!!!!!! WHAT A TRAVESTY!

I'd better just GTFO of this topic now!

Wow, you're defensive (and wrong).

I said "some moves", not "her entire frame data", you clown.

You said entire frame data, because you said she "has some blatant copy-paste moves."

In order for there to be true copy-paste moves, her entire frame data would have to be copied.

Now please, kindly show yourself to the door.... clown.

English. Learn it.
He said SOME MOVES were basically a copy and paste.

You seem to have absolutely no idea how games are typically made.

Also, name another character in video gaming that shares similarities as close as those two. Same unique animations. Go ahead, take your time.
You make yourself look more and more ignorant with each post.
-

1.) Mario
2.) Luigi

Now GTFO
---
"Why you care about small things? World very simple place. World only have two things: Things you can eat and things you no can eat." - Quina
#35r_m_8_8Posted 11/26/2012 10:48:52 AM
samuellee60 posted...
1.) Mario
2.) Luigi

Now GTFO

Nintendo really ripped off Nintendo, man.
---
Now playing: Paper Mario SS, Code of Princess, Mark of the Ninja, SFxT.
| 3DS | PS3 | PC | Wii |
#36Grunt40Posted 11/26/2012 10:49:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l82liffU5Ao

"Pssh what is this? Smash Brothers?"

This game has EULA?!

No way...
---
Check out my mediocre punk-rock band!
http://www.youtube.com/user/All7sMusic/videos
#37samuellee60Posted 11/26/2012 10:52:24 AM
r_m_8_8 posted...
samuellee60 posted...
1.) Mario
2.) Luigi

Now GTFO

Nintendo really ripped off Nintendo, man.

He said...

"Also, name another character in video gaming that shares similarities as close as those two"

I named two. He didn't state who owned their rights, what games they were in, just stated named two characters that share similarities. I named Mario and Luigi, two stupid fat plumbers that throw fire out of their hands.

I did so to prove the stupidity of his post. And you proved yours by responding.

kthxbai
---
"Why you care about small things? World very simple place. World only have two things: Things you can eat and things you no can eat." - Quina
#38dude_meister512Posted 11/26/2012 10:53:10 AM
Golden_Mean posted...
Because it is a lazy smash bros.? It's purely a party game. No competitive aspect or depth because at its core it relies on getting instant-death power-ups to up your score and win. All the popular fighters at least have depth and a mode/method of equalizing the playing field such that winning was determined largely on skill and far, far less on luck.

Supers aren't instant death power ups at all. They can all be avoided, countered, prevented.

If you actually played the game, you'd realise it's a MUCH more strategic affair than Smash Bros.

People who call it a clone are just ignorant and close-minded.
#39blunderminePosted 11/26/2012 10:56:29 AM
The chart doesn't even specify which version it is. I kind of hope it's not the combined total, cause damn...
---
So if Nintendo changed the name of the Wii - U, would they be pulling a U-Wii?
#40r_m_8_8Posted 11/26/2012 10:57:37 AM
samuellee60 posted...
He said...

"Also, name another character in video gaming that shares similarities as close as those two"

I named two. He didn't state who owned their rights, what games they were in, just stated named two characters that share similarities. I named Mario and Luigi, two stupid fat plumbers that throw fire out of their hands.

I did so to prove the stupidity of his post. And you proved yours by responding.

kthxbai

You basically don't even care about the discussion we're having anymore.
---
Now playing: Paper Mario SS, Code of Princess, Mark of the Ninja, SFxT.
| 3DS | PS3 | PC | Wii |