Media Create Week 47 When it comes to pinning blame, pin the tail on the donkeys

#101GamenamebullyPosted 11/28/2012 1:45:37 PM
serenade_beta posted...
I'm entertained Gamenamebully actually came back to post after that ridiculous self-introduction post of his.

When I'm interested in a game or a device, I never leave.

And I've been here for a long while by the way.
---
The Only Sane Gamer.
PSN Name: Gamenamebully
#102kdiz4321Posted 11/28/2012 2:13:16 PM
Sho_Minamimoto_ posted...

If both the Vita and its existing games are selling poorly, not many developers will be very interested in developing games for it in the future

So people don't buy a console because it's selling poorly believing that developers won't develop games for it, and developers won't develop games for a console because it's selling poorly since people don't want to buy a console that's selling poorly because they're afraid developers won't develop games for it. Seems like a self-fulfilling prophecy :/

You're absolutely right and it's Sony's job to pull their system out of such a cycle, either by convincing devs to make games for their system (and advertising that said games are actually being made) or by dropping the price of the system or their proprietary memory cards since anyone who does any research on them knows that they are a ripoff. Of course if you see enough games out right now that you want to play then by all means get the system, but for those of us who don't, it's not our job to get the system on blind faith that things will get better.
---
I am not an early adopter. If your system is as awesome as you say it is, it will still be in stores when the games I want are out.
#103Ambassador_KongPosted 11/28/2012 2:21:49 PM
kdiz4321 posted...
Sho_Minamimoto_ posted...

If both the Vita and its existing games are selling poorly, not many developers will be very interested in developing games for it in the future

So people don't buy a console because it's selling poorly believing that developers won't develop games for it, and developers won't develop games for a console because it's selling poorly since people don't want to buy a console that's selling poorly because they're afraid developers won't develop games for it. Seems like a self-fulfilling prophecy :/

You're absolutely right and it's Sony's job to pull their system out of such a cycle, either by convincing devs to make games for their system (and advertising that said games are actually being made) or by dropping the price of the system or their proprietary memory cards since anyone who does any research on them knows that they are a ripoff. Of course if you see enough games out right now that you want to play then by all means get the system, but for those of us who don't, it's not our job to get the system on blind faith that things will get better.

Nah, it's too late. Dropping the memory price will not work because the Vita already has the stench of fail about it. Sony would have to relaunch at a lower price with a slew of new games that they don't have and developer support that they can't get. If Sony weren't in the financial crapper right now I would say they had a tiny chance at salvaging the disaster, but they just don't have the cash on hand to pay for exclusives.
---
First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. by Mahatma Gandhi.
#104yankee6903Posted 11/28/2012 2:24:37 PM
Ambassador_Kong posted...
First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. by Mahatma Gandhi.

Are you in the ridicule stage still, or the fight stage?
---
PSN: nightshade6903 GT:nightshade6903
I am not a Republican or a Democrat, I am a conservative
#105Ambassador_KongPosted 11/28/2012 2:32:10 PM
yankee6903 posted...
Ambassador_Kong posted...

Are you in the ridicule stage still, or the fight stage?

Well, seeing as I was ridiculed for months when I suggested that the Vita was not going to be a success, I would say that we are pretty much at the stage where I win. The Vita isn't a success and no one is trying to suggest it is anymore.

Wish I lost though, I really liked my PSP and hoped the Vita would have delivered on its promises.
---
#106serenade_betaPosted 11/28/2012 3:19:07 PM
Gamenamebully posted...
serenade_beta posted...
I'm entertained Gamenamebully actually came back to post after that ridiculous self-introduction post of his.

Phew, I can sure sense your interest in this mental breakdown.

"Sony is doomed! Vita is a flop! LOL FLOP! V_Vita! Oh ouch! Can I have some popcorn? Lol anyone who says something positive about the Vita is a fanboy! loolololololol rofl *jumps off a 100 story building laughing*"
---
Tried to start a blog... --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/
Plans: Thoughts on Pokemon (Competitive, Random), Kid Icarus (Weapons)
#107GamenamebullyPosted 11/28/2012 3:25:22 PM
serenade_beta posted...
Gamenamebully posted...
serenade_beta posted...

Phew, I can sure sense your interest in this mental breakdown.

"Sony is doomed! Vita is a flop! LOL FLOP! V_Vita! Oh ouch! Can I have some popcorn? Lol anyone who says something positive about the Vita is a fanboy! loolololololol rofl *jumps off a 100 story building laughing*"

Dude I was poking fun at the trolls on this board.
---
The Only Sane Gamer.
PSN Name: Gamenamebully
#108SuperShyGuy9000Posted 11/28/2012 5:59:08 PM
"04./00. [PS3] Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational "

Wait thats a Vita game!?

They are doing it again bringing games that were on their portable up to the console like the PSP GoW.

Setting a precedent, why by the portable version when a console version will be around soon enough.
#109Lelouch71Posted 11/28/2012 7:26:48 PM
djmaster1994 posted...
8.420.471 = 3DS
8.649.457 = PS3

DANG
3DS outrunning PS3 already in Japan soon.

Yup within 2-3 weeks the almost 2 years old 3DS would do what the PS3 couldn't within 6 years.
---
"When you come at the king you best not miss"
#110darkness1018Posted 11/28/2012 8:49:17 PM
Lelouch71 posted...
djmaster1994 posted...
8.420.471 = 3DS
8.649.457 = PS3

DANG
3DS outrunning PS3 already in Japan soon.

Yup within 2-3 weeks the almost 2 years old 3DS would do what the PS3 couldn't within 6 years.

And yet the PS3 is the go to home console in Japan :). The only reason 3DS is catching up is the upcoming monster hunter, which for some reason sells millions only in Japan and Japanese are really big on portable gaming. But it's not gonna change ghat their preferred home system is PS3 :D.
---
PSN-nightwing2099
Systems Owned- PS3, PSP, PSV, GC, DC, N64, Xbox(original)