Media Create Week 47 When it comes to pinning blame, pin the tail on the donkeys

#111darkness1018Posted 11/28/2012 8:57:23 PM(edited)
Ambassador_Kong posted...
kdiz4321 posted...
Sho_Minamimoto_ posted...

If both the Vita and its existing games are selling poorly, not many developers will be very interested in developing games for it in the future

So people don't buy a console because it's selling poorly believing that developers won't develop games for it, and developers won't develop games for a console because it's selling poorly since people don't want to buy a console that's selling poorly because they're afraid developers won't develop games for it. Seems like a self-fulfilling prophecy :/

You're absolutely right and it's Sony's job to pull their system out of such a cycle, either by convincing devs to make games for their system (and advertising that said games are actually being made) or by dropping the price of the system or their proprietary memory cards since anyone who does any research on them knows that they are a ripoff. Of course if you see enough games out right now that you want to play then by all means get the system, but for those of us who don't, it's not our job to get the system on blind faith that things will get better.

Nah, it's too late. Dropping the memory price will not work because the Vita already has the stench of fail about it. Sony would have to relaunch at a lower price with a slew of new games that they don't have and developer support that they can't get. If Sony weren't in the financial crapper right now I would say they had a tiny chance at salvaging the disaster, but they just don't have the cash on hand to pay for exclusives.

Really? And here I was thinking these upcoming games like The Last of Us, Beyond: Two Souls, Ni no Kuni, Tales of Xillia, Sly Cooper: Theieves in Time, God of War Ascesnion were all Sony exclusive. So tell me, what other systems can I find them on?
---
PSN-nightwing2099
Systems Owned- PS3, PSP, PSV, GC, DC, N64, Xbox(original)
#112maxmansupaPosted 11/28/2012 9:03:06 PM
They're all ports, though...
#113nintend0Fan46Posted 11/28/2012 9:11:40 PM
I wonder how sales will be next week when Layton X Ace Attorney comes out.
---
FGoAT Abbreviated: OoT, LttP, MM, EB, TF2, DE:HR, SSBB, SMG2, CoH, KNiD, SMW2:YI, P2, MK:DD, PW:AA, SC:CT, BK, L4D2, MP5, KI:U, MPT, 007:EoN, SC2, PM:TTYD...
#114Lelouch71Posted 11/28/2012 9:25:43 PM
darkness1018 posted...
And yet the PS3 is the go to home console in Japan :). The only reason 3DS is catching up is the upcoming monster hunter, which for some reason sells millions only in Japan and Japanese are really big on portable gaming. But it's not gonna change ghat their preferred home system is PS3 :D.

No the go to system were the DS and PSP. The 3DS is at present (and most likely for the duration of this new gen) both of their successor in this regard. The 3DS is now the go to system with the PSP coming in second. It's not just Monster Hunter that's helping it sell. It helps but there are other variables along with the fact that Nintendo always dominate in the handheld market. The PS3 was never the preferred system over them let alone smart phones. The fact is the 3DS is set to surpass the PS3 in total Japanese sales. There are no excuses about that. It will likely surpass the Wii's total sales next sometime in 2013.
---
"When you come at the king you best not miss"
#115XphoenixedgeXPosted 11/28/2012 9:47:27 PM
No Vita games in the top 20. It's almost getting to the point where you really cant say that these topics are relevant to this board.
There's nothing new to discuss here and there never will be. It's all Nintendo and they will continue to dominate.
Add in the stupid requested quotes and these topics seem more and more "off topic" and less Vita related with every week that passes.
#116CompassPosted 11/28/2012 9:56:00 PM
^^And their presence evidently makes you furious. You aren't able to just ignore them.

Maybe ask yourself why that is. I recommend looking into the mirror while doing so. You might discover something. Something unpleasant, but true nonetheless. I don't want to outright spoil the surprise, but here's a hint: it has to do with someone very close to you being a raging Sony fanboy.
#117AceAndJunpeiPosted 11/28/2012 9:57:46 PM
Compass posted...
^^And their presence evidently makes you furious. You aren't able to just ignore them.

Maybe ask yourself why that is. I recommend looking into the mirror while doing so. You might discover something. Something unpleasant, but true nonetheless. I don't want to outright spoil the surprise, but here's a hint: it has to do with someone very close to you being a raging Sony fanboy.

LMAO!

Am I raging Sonyboy yet Compass?;0)
---
Proud owner of Wii U, Vita, 3DS, 3DS XL, 360 and PS3
#118xfactorPosted 11/28/2012 10:11:21 PM
darkness1018 posted...
Lelouch71 posted...
djmaster1994 posted...
8.420.471 = 3DS
8.649.457 = PS3

DANG
3DS outrunning PS3 already in Japan soon.

Yup within 2-3 weeks the almost 2 years old 3DS would do what the PS3 couldn't within 6 years.

And yet the PS3 is the go to home console in Japan :). The only reason 3DS is catching up is the upcoming monster hunter, which for some reason sells millions only in Japan and Japanese are really big on portable gaming. But it's not gonna change ghat their preferred home system is PS3 :D.

Not sure if serious. There is a HD port of a Monster Hunter PS3 in Japan too. Lets not forget the fact that there are other titles that are performing as well if not better than MH on the 3DS currently, such as the Mario Kart, zelda , 3D land, Animal crossing etc.
---
www.capcom.co.jp/bio6
#119FindmeElseweyrPosted 11/28/2012 10:19:30 PM
god DAMN animal crossing is tearing it up.

Vita tanking, as expected. It's like watching the virtual boy all over again.
#120FindmeElseweyrPosted 11/28/2012 10:20:56 PM
LMAO!

Am I raging Sonyboy yet Compass?;0)

You already posted a vitasurrance topic, so I"m sure it won't be long before you're coming up with mathemagics and whatnot.