Media Create Week 47 When it comes to pinning blame, pin the tail on the donkeys

#151Yuri_LowelIPosted 11/30/2012 12:32:33 PM
That's not the issue with Vita. Vita is in trouble not because of lack of games but because of the nature of how Sony are marketing this thing and the market it's in right now. There's just no room for this thing to succeed in the current state it's in.

Vita clearly has games and will continue to have games. But in all honesty, doesn't matter if me or you buy it, it's the casual audience and right now this thing is as appealing to them as a rotten apple. That won't change either with mediocre "mainstream" titles like AC and COD.
---
http://s19.postimage.org/euz7x7atd/yurilowell.png
#152P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 11/30/2012 1:01:15 PM
The Vita is not "right out of the gate" though. It's been 12 months just about and it has just barely passed 2 million worldwide.
---
Currently Playing: Shenmue2, NSMB2
http://youtu.be/X21mJh6j9i4
#153GoIrish80Posted 11/30/2012 2:10:32 PM
At the current rate, it will take the Vita close to FIVE YEARS to pass the Xbox 360 in lifetime sales.
---
i5-3570k @ 4.2ghz | 8GB DDR3 | Nvidia 670 2GB SLI | 1TB HD x2
#154xfactorPosted 12/1/2012 3:10:33 AM
Yuri_LowelI posted...
That's not the issue with Vita. Vita is in trouble not because of lack of games but because of the nature of how Sony are marketing this thing and the market it's in right now. There's just no room for this thing to succeed in the current state it's in.

Vita clearly has games and will continue to have games. But in all honesty, doesn't matter if me or you buy it, it's the casual audience and right now this thing is as appealing to them as a rotten apple. That won't change either with mediocre "mainstream" titles like AC and COD.

I doubt so. They haven't announce much games for the Vita for this year.
---
www.capcom.co.jp/bio6
#155Megaman OmegaPosted 12/2/2012 1:12:00 AM
Sometimes people forget the huge price cut 3ds got changes completely how sales are seen. Since the cut $80 from the net income in the 3ds while Vita is still selling at full price, basically Sony is gaining a lot more per vita sold vs 3ds, so this numbers are not a perfect comparison in terms of revenue.

So for comparison sake, at $250 both, lets say the both give $100 benefit. Vita still gets $100 benefit while 3ds gets $20 after the $80 price cut.

190.000 x 20 = 3.800.000

9800 x 100 = 980.000

So in the end, 3ds is only generating about 4 times the revenue for 3ds vs Vita, which is a lot, but unit number comparison is misleading. People need to think that selling a lot is not equal to having huge benefits if you cut your benefits 1/3rd like Nintendo did with the early price cut.

Your entire pile of mathemagics is based on the false premise that the 3DS and Vita would cost the same amount of money to make, which is wrong.

mcsmellington posted...
laxnd23 posted...
Where's Lume? Isn't he supposed to tell us how the playstation family had more in the top 20? Oh wait...

He does it on the nonstop gaming board now.

He's trolling that board now. Direct quote from him about E.X. Troopers.

"When will they learn? 3rd parties don't sell on Nintendo systems."

The guy is pathetic.

lol!

07./00. [3DS] E.X. Troopers <ACT> (Capcom) {2012.11.22} (5.990) - 17.402 / NEW
11./00. [PS3] E.X. Troopers <ACT> (Capcom) {2012.11.22} (6.990) - 8.717 / NEW

Not selling on Nintendo systems? I guess that's why it sold twice as much on the 3DS as it did on the PS3. Poor Lume, so delusional.

I'm entertained Gamenamebully actually came back to post after that ridiculous self-introduction post of his.

Haha yeah, guess we got the fantroll of the week.
---
COD:BOD is definitely the highest budget Vita title - GeassMaster
I come to GameFAQs to be a ******* and create strife/hate on the message boards. - GeassMaster
#156Megaman OmegaPosted 12/2/2012 1:12:06 AM
Dude I was poking fun at the trolls on this board.

That seemed more like an angsty meltdown to me.

No Vita games in the top 20. It's almost getting to the point where you really cant say that these topics are relevant to this board.
There's nothing new to discuss here and there never will be. It's all Nintendo and they will continue to dominate.
Add in the stupid requested quotes and these topics seem more and more "off topic" and less Vita related with every week that passes.

What, the Vita doing so badly is making you so much of a raging fanboy that you even have to get butthurt about the quotes? lol! How sad.
---
Most publishes have nothing to do with the games they publish. - Sailor Goon
The Vita pushed out more launches than 3DS in the same time frame. - Sailor Goon
#157GamenamebullyPosted 12/2/2012 6:30:54 AM
I'm not a "fantroll." A Fantroll would not accept the fact that this game is not selling well. I know it's not selling well as Sony and people hope.

And if I was having a breakdown I wouldn't even be posting. I was just making fun of everyone who was posting.

And I am sick of how people claim they're mature yet they make fun of the Vita and Vita owners.

If you guys want to prove your point then you shouldn't act like such a little kid.
---
The Only Sane Gamer.
PSN Name: Gamenamebully
#158Megaman OmegaPosted 12/2/2012 11:45:51 AM
- Animal Crossing outsold the Vita
- 3DS set to surpass the PS3 in 1-2 weeks
- Animal Crossing hits 1m
- EX Troopers does poorly on both systems
- Vita below 10k again, it doesn't seem to be able to stay above 10k without boosts anymore
- Wii U charting in two weeks
---
The Vita sold 1.200.000 units in week 1. - Sailor Goon
76.322 to 70.744 is a 70% drop. - Sailor Goon
#159P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 12/4/2012 7:24:29 PM
So, what happened last week? Anything launch or what have you?
---
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Samurai Warriors 3DS
#160P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 12/4/2012 8:09:11 PM
Nobody know what happened last week?
---
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Samurai Warriors 3DS