Media Create Week 47 When it comes to pinning blame, pin the tail on the donkeys

#41EvilSock1990Posted 11/28/2012 8:00:09 AM
Can you do a Emperor Palpatine quote soon Kitt?
---
Brought to you by PlayStation Vita Cinema snack Fun Land - Gotta breed 'em all.
I'm kinda sticky from the charmander thing. -Socky
#42-Equinox-Posted 11/28/2012 8:01:58 AM
This week 3DS sales fell drastically by about 6k from 168k to 162k.

The Vita slightly fell by about 3,300 units from 13k to 9,700.

Vita wins again!

Sarcasm
---
Currently playing: Persona 4 Golden(Vita) Style Savvy: Trendsetters(3DS) The Vita Board: Where statistics, facts, owning both systems and opinions are trolling.
#43Jon TalbainPosted 11/28/2012 8:08:11 AM
Catcher_Freeman posted...
Jon Talbain posted...
Once the 3DS and Vita are around the same price, it should be interesting to see what happens. If things don't change at all, then there is a really big problem. Hopefully Sony will drop the price in early 2013. There could be a lot of people waiting on that.

Hint: The 3DS sold more than the Vita even when the 3DS was more expensive

^That. Price drop will not save the Vita. Its software simply does not appeal to the masses like the 3DS's.

The price drop alone won't save the Vita, that is true. Sony also messed up with the memory card situation. Memory/Flash cards from other companies should be allowed and an 8 GB memory card should be bundled with every Vita. Or Sony needs to have competitive prices and have their memory cards the same or less than the competition. The 4GB should be discontinued.

Also, Sony needs to find a way for customers to transfer their PSP titles, whether digital or physical to the Vita for free. All the PSP games need to be playable and available on the PS Store. How can Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep not be playable on the Vita? And why aren't all PS One titles available on the PS Store? It is like Sony isn't even trying.

One would think after the PS3 launch fiasco, that there wouldn't be anymore situations like this. Hopefully this is the final eye opener.
---
As long as you believe in yourself, nothing may overcome you.
#44HugsAllAroundPosted 11/28/2012 8:14:06 AM
Vita alone outsold the combined total of Wii, WiiU, DS, Gamebube, N64, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Game Boy, SNES and NES last week in Japan.

Vita wins.
#45PokeMasterPosted 11/28/2012 8:16:43 AM
@Jon Talbain, Sony has a way for people to transfer PSP titles to the Vita. (Un)fortunately, it's only available in Japan
---
Japanese | Assume JPN Region, unless otherwise stated.
#46P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 11/28/2012 8:17:38 AM
Kitt still has

Black Keys, Forrest Gump, Doctor Doom, Princess Bride and finally Dinobot
then Adventure Time, Splatterhouse, and A Christmas Story
and someone just requested Emperor Palpatine...

Kitts got his hands full :P
---
Currently Playing: Shenmue2, NSMB2
http://youtu.be/X21mJh6j9i4
#47-Equinox-Posted 11/28/2012 8:23:43 AM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
Kitt still has

Black Keys, Forrest Gump, Doctor Doom, Princess Bride and finally Dinobot
then Adventure Time, Splatterhouse, and A Christmas Story
and someone just requested Emperor Palpatine...

Kitts got his hands full :P

If I may make a request for a future one. I'd love to see a quote from Doakes.
---
Currently playing: Persona 4 Golden(Vita) Style Savvy: Trendsetters(3DS) The Vita Board: Where statistics, facts, owning both systems and opinions are trolling.
#48Jon TalbainPosted 11/28/2012 8:23:51 AM
PokeMaster posted...
@Jon Talbain, Sony has a way for people to transfer PSP titles to the Vita. (Un)fortunately, it's only available in Japan

Do you know how the transferring works? And do people have to pay anything?
---
As long as you believe in yourself, nothing may overcome you.
#49FayeLadyPosted 11/28/2012 8:31:59 AM
Jon Talbain posted...
PokeMaster posted...

Do you know how the transferring works? And do people have to pay anything?

There is a fee involved, the cost depends on the game.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#50PokeMasterPosted 11/28/2012 8:32:22 AM
Old news article, but http://www.joystiq.com/2011/11/11/umd-passport-application-moves-umd-based-psp-games-to-the-vita/ should explain it
---
Japanese | Assume JPN Region, unless otherwise stated.