Media Create Week 47 When it comes to pinning blame, pin the tail on the donkeys

#61blunderminePosted 11/28/2012 8:50:34 AM
Ambassador_Kong posted...
Gamenamebully posted...
I can sum this topic up just so people won't have to look.

"Sony is doomed! Vita is a flop! LOL FLOP! V_Vita! Oh ouch! Can I have some popcorn? Lol anyone who says something positive about the Vita is a fanboy! loolololololol rofl *jumps off a 100 story building laughing*"

Yeah these topics get pretty predictable and sickening but I guess that's what happens when trolls focus more on sales than the system itself correct?

Oh no, another facts = trolling guy.

People focus on sales because they ARE important. If sales are bad then no one will make games for the system. Take a look at the 2013 calender and tell me there is no problem.

You can tell he didn't read the topic either. What a sad little man.
---
So if Nintendo changed the name of the Wii - U, would they be pulling a U-Wii?
#62Kitt Thrust(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 8:52:18 AM
From: EvilSock1990 | Posted: 11/28/2012 10:00:09 AM | #041
Can you do a Emperor Palpatine quote soon Kitt?

I'm pretty backed up with quotes but if you don't mind waiting.. I'll definitely do it.
---
Go Go Big Underpants !!!!
http://i.imgur.com/LBWlN.jpg - http://i.imgur.com/K0UBk.jpg - http://i.imgur.com/xzXVR.png
#63Yuri_LowelIPosted 11/28/2012 9:21:20 AM
Cod did well.
---
http://s19.postimage.org/euz7x7atd/yurilowell.png
#64GamenamebullyPosted 11/28/2012 9:23:18 AM
Ambassador_Kong posted...
Gamenamebully posted...
I can sum this topic up just so people won't have to look.

"Sony is doomed! Vita is a flop! LOL FLOP! V_Vita! Oh ouch! Can I have some popcorn? Lol anyone who says something positive about the Vita is a fanboy! loolololololol rofl *jumps off a 100 story building laughing*"

Yeah these topics get pretty predictable and sickening but I guess that's what happens when trolls focus more on sales than the system itself correct?

Oh no, another facts = trolling guy.

People focus on sales because they ARE important. If sales are bad then no one will make games for the system. Take a look at the 2013 calender and tell me there is no problem.

But you should focus on the games too correct? Or did 2012 suddenly become the age where talking about sales is more important than the actual content that comes out?

I saw some guy was asking where he should get a Vita on this board and it suddenly became a sales topic .__. That shows how obsessed people are with the sales.

Yes they're important but it's not the #1 reason why the Vita was made.
---
The Only Sane Gamer.
PSN Name: Gamenamebully
#65deathpapayaPosted 11/28/2012 9:37:15 AM(edited)
With how well Halo 4 did and how insane COD Black Ops 2 sales are do you think Japan is the new FPS nation?

Gamenamebully posted...
But you should focus on the games too correct? Or did 2012 suddenly become the age where talking about sales is more important than the actual content that comes out?

What games? The Vita release calendar is absolutely dead.

---
XBL: Genophia PSN: Emophia/Kitikat Steam ID: Emophia
#66pikachupwnagePosted 11/28/2012 9:43:15 AM(edited)
I think its safe to say Nintendos big 3 is now the big 4.

Wild world sold over 10 million and this has sold over a million in 3 weeks in a single region not even counting digital sales.

Heck its about to surpass NSMB2's Japan sales O_o
---
"Grab life by the horns and shake it till it moos "
Official electric boogaloo mint scoop with a cherry on top of the IDF
#67LHS_2012Posted 11/28/2012 9:42:59 AM
deathpapaya posted...
With how well Halo 4 did and how insane COD Black Ops 2 sales are do you think Japan is the new FPS nation?

Halo 4 was a bit surprising but CoD always does reasonably well in Japan. The games don't have legs but this isn't the first time a CoD game launched near the top of the charts. IIRC, MW3 might've even debuted at #1 in Japan last year.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_N_WTiMga4
#68deathpapayaPosted 11/28/2012 9:44:40 AM
LHS_2012 posted...
deathpapaya posted...

Halo 4 was a bit surprising but CoD always does reasonably well in Japan. The games don't have legs but this isn't the first time a CoD game launched near the top of the charts. IIRC, MW3 might've even debuted at #1 in Japan last year.

Blops2 is on track to be best selling cod game in Japan.

If animal crossing wasn't there it'd be +1 as well.
---
XBL: Genophia PSN: Emophia/Kitikat Steam ID: Emophia
#69laxnd23Posted 11/28/2012 9:57:02 AM
Where's Lume? Isn't he supposed to tell us how the playstation family had more in the top 20? Oh wait...
---
xbox gamertag: lonewolfnd 3DS Friend Code: 3136-6624-4823 Official XboxLover of the KDF
#70360pagesPosted 11/28/2012 9:57:55 AM
skyrimer3d posted...
Sometimes people forget the huge price cut 3ds got changes completely how sales are seen. Since the cut $80 from the net income in the 3ds while Vita is still selling at full price, basically Sony is gaining a lot more per vita sold vs 3ds, so this numbers are not a perfect comparison in terms of revenue.

So for comparison sake, at $250 both, lets say the both give $100 benefit. Vita still gets $100 benefit while 3ds gets $20 after the $80 price cut.

190.000 x 20 = 3.800.000

9800 x 100 = 980.000

So in the end, 3ds is only generating about 4 times the revenue for 3ds vs Vita, which is a lot, but unit number comparison is misleading. People need to think that selling a lot is not equal to having huge benefits if you cut your benefits 1/3rd like Nintendo did with the early price cut.

You're joking...right?
---
Black Friend code 5457 8868 8614
Brawl friend code 1205-6397-3466