Media Create Week 47 When it comes to pinning blame, pin the tail on the donkeys

#81AnclationPosted 11/28/2012 10:50:12 AM
Gamenamebully posted...
I'll buy the system regardless of sales.

And is it wrong to say despite the fact that the Vita has less games than the 3DS that there are more Vita games that interest me than 3DS games?

I think I'll be happy with it regardless of sales.

You keep saying "I" and "me", as if that's all that matters. Other people might actually be very interested in the future prospects of a console they consider buying (and yes, sales play a big part here), or be interested in sales for a number of other reasons. If you have a problem with any of that then sad day for you, nobody's obligated to share your views or interests, and it would probably be a good idea not to waste time on topics and discussions you have no interest in.
#82-Equinox-Posted 11/28/2012 10:56:03 AM
mcsmellington posted...
laxnd23 posted...
Where's Lume? Isn't he supposed to tell us how the playstation family had more in the top 20? Oh wait...

He does it on the nonstop gaming board now.

He's trolling that board now. Direct quote from him about E.X. Troopers.

"When will they learn? 3rd parties don't sell on Nintendo systems."

The guy is pathetic.
---
Currently playing: Persona 4 Golden(Vita) Style Savvy: Trendsetters(3DS) The Vita Board: Where statistics, facts, owning both systems and opinions are trolling.
#83GamenamebullyPosted 11/28/2012 10:57:26 AM
-Equinox- posted...
mcsmellington posted...
laxnd23 posted...
Where's Lume? Isn't he supposed to tell us how the playstation family had more in the top 20? Oh wait...

He does it on the nonstop gaming board now.

He's trolling that board now. Direct quote from him about E.X. Troopers.

"When will they learn? 3rd parties don't sell on Nintendo systems."

The guy is pathetic.

He's kind of a hypocrite though. He is pro-Sony yet whenever I'm on the Playstation All Stars board he makes fun of the game and screams at anyone who likes it.

Unless you're talking about a different Lume of course :/.
---
The Only Sane Gamer.
PSN Name: Gamenamebully
#84Sho_Minamimoto_Posted 11/28/2012 10:58:11 AM
Other people might actually be very interested in the future prospects of a console they consider buying (and yes, sales play a big part here)

Yeah, those poor sheeple have to do whatever the majority does. Why go through the trouble of researching and seeing if the Vita has games (both already released and upcoming) they might like when they can just follow the crowd and throw their money at whatever it is on the top of the sales chart? Free thinking is over-rated anyway.
---
SINE! COSINE! TANGENT!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7e4xPatGKA
#85GamenamebullyPosted 11/28/2012 11:00:09 AM
Sho_Minamimoto_ posted...
Other people might actually be very interested in the future prospects of a console they consider buying (and yes, sales play a big part here)

Yeah, those poor sheeple have to do whatever the majority does. Why go through the trouble of researching and seeing if the Vita has games (both already released and upcoming) they might like when they can just follow the crowd and throw their money at whatever it is on the top of the sales chart? Free thinking is over-rated anyway.

Funny you should mention that, my friends hate me for free thinking. I want a Vita and they're pressuring me to get a 3DS because "You'll be a real man".

The 3DS has a few games that I want to try but the Vita has more games I really want.

But I guess free thinking IS dead correct?
---
The Only Sane Gamer.
PSN Name: Gamenamebully
#86360pagesPosted 11/28/2012 11:07:23 AM
Gamenamebully posted...

Funny you should mention that, my friends hate me for free thinking. I want a Vita and they're pressuring me to get a 3DS because "You'll be a real man".

The 3DS has a few games that I want to try but the Vita has more games I really want.

Maybe they want you to buy it so you guys can actually play together.
---
Black Friend code 5457 8868 8614
Brawl friend code 1205-6397-3466
#87AnclationPosted 11/28/2012 11:13:44 AM

Seriously, this is not a hard concept to grasp:

Bad sales = Fewer games

If both the Vita and its existing games are selling poorly, not many developers will be very interested in developing games for it in the future, they'll rather invest their resources somewhere else. That's why sales actually do matter, as much as one might wish otherwise.
#88dj___rollPosted 11/28/2012 11:15:38 AM
Sephirothe88 posted...
3DS -> 10 games in top 20
PS3+PSP -> 9 games in top 20

3DS wins yet again :3

Now letīs see if we can avoid typical lume posts...

Yup, good thing you trolled first. You're the fastest troll there is. And yes you are a troll because you're calling out a specific user to annoy them with your post.
---
...to boldly split infinitives that no man had split before...
#89deathpapayaPosted 11/28/2012 11:18:12 AM
dj___roll posted...
Sephirothe88 posted...
3DS -> 10 games in top 20
PS3+PSP -> 9 games in top 20

3DS wins yet again :3

Now letīs see if we can avoid typical lume posts...

Yup, good thing you trolled first. You're the fastest troll there is. And yes you are a troll because you're calling out a specific user to annoy them with your post.

How is he trolling when he is right?
---
XBL: Genophia PSN: Emophia/Kitikat Steam ID: Emophia
#90Sho_Minamimoto_Posted 11/28/2012 11:20:06 AM

The ideal would be get both of them. Or at the very least see if you can try out the games you're interested on. Owning both is the best option IMO, but balancing playtime between the two of them can get tricky (i'm looking at you Monster Hunter)

That's one way to put it. You can travel through the world and in most 1st world countries you'll see the same movies, music and books on the top of the charts, often with ads like "#1 in <insert country here". You'll find a McDonalds or Burger King right around the corner so you can enjoy the same fast food you had back home. There's bound to be a Gap somewhere in case you want to dress like the natives. Not saying that free thinking is dead, it just that anyone who doesn't share the tastes of the majority is bound to get treated differently. Apparently, liking anime makes you a weaboo and liking heavy metal makes you a headbanging thug. Except that metalheads don't like anime and weaboos only listen to J-Pop so you can't like both things. That's like, common knowledge dude. And God forbids you miss the latest prime time reality show to watch a documentary on NatGeo Wild. Awkward conversations by the water cooler, anyone?

Bad sales = Fewer games

If both the Vita and its existing games are selling poorly, not many developers will be very interested in developing games for it in the future

So people don't buy a console because it's selling poorly believing that developers won't develop games for it, and developers won't develop games for a console because it's selling poorly since people don't want to buy a console that's selling poorly because they're afraid developers won't develop games for it. Seems like a self-fulfilling prophecy :/
---
SINE! COSINE! TANGENT!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7e4xPatGKA