Media Create Week 47 When it comes to pinning blame, pin the tail on the donkeys

#91GamenamebullyPosted 11/28/2012 12:23:21 PM(edited)
360pages posted...
Gamenamebully posted...
Sho_Minamimoto_ posted...
Other people might actually be very interested in the future prospects of a console they consider buying (and yes, sales play a big part here)

Yeah, those poor sheeple have to do whatever the majority does. Why go through the trouble of researching and seeing if the Vita has games (both already released and upcoming) they might like when they can just follow the crowd and throw their money at whatever it is on the top of the sales chart? Free thinking is over-rated anyway.

Funny you should mention that, my friends hate me for free thinking. I want a Vita and they're pressuring me to get a 3DS because "You'll be a real man".

The 3DS has a few games that I want to try but the Vita has more games I really want.

But I guess free thinking IS dead correct?

Maybe they want you to buy it so you guys can actually play together.

True but they never specified the games AND they used the "If you buy this you'll be a real man" mentality on me which makes me think they just want me to buy it since it is selling well.

And I want both of them but I'm waiting on the 3DS for right now because the only game I am really interested for the 3DS is Fire Emblem: Awakening while the Vita has quite a few more options for me.

---
The Only Sane Gamer.
PSN Name: Gamenamebully
#92serenade_betaPosted 11/28/2012 12:26:07 PM
I'm entertained Gamenamebully actually came back to post after that ridiculous self-introduction post of his.
---
Tried to start a blog... --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/
Plans: Thoughts on Pokemon (Competitive, Random), Kid Icarus (Weapons)
#93DaMan1900Posted 11/28/2012 12:42:35 PM
blundermine posted...
PokeMaster posted...
skyrimer3d posted...
Sometimes people forget the huge price cut 3ds got changes completely how sales are seen. Since the cut $80 from the net income in the 3ds while Vita is still selling at full price, basically Sony is gaining a lot more per vita sold vs 3ds, so this numbers are not a perfect comparison in terms of revenue.

So for comparison sake, at $250 both, lets say the both give $100 benefit. Vita still gets $100 benefit while 3ds gets $20 after the $80 price cut.

190.000 x 20 = 3.800.000

9800 x 100 = 980.000

So in the end, 3ds is only generating about 4 times the revenue for 3ds vs Vita, which is a lot, but unit number comparison is misleading. People need to think that selling a lot is not equal to having huge benefits if you cut your benefits 1/3rd like Nintendo did with the early price cut.

I thought the Vita was selling at a loss, like most of Sony products do at the start.
Whereas the 3DS is still selling for a profit, even after the price drop.

Which would mean by default that the 3DS is earning more for the Vita regardless.

I'm pretty sure the 3DS was selling at a loss immediately after the price drop, but it has gone into the positive range since then.

---
Ex Sony Fanboy
#94djmaster1994Posted 11/28/2012 12:45:20 PM
8.420.471 = 3DS
8.649.457 = PS3

DANG
3DS outrunning PS3 already in Japan soon.
---
A Proud Member of the N-Dub Nation!!
#95-Equinox-Posted 11/28/2012 12:48:24 PM
deathpapaya posted...
dj___roll posted...
Sephirothe88 posted...
3DS -> 10 games in top 20
PS3+PSP -> 9 games in top 20

3DS wins yet again :3

Now letīs see if we can avoid typical lume posts...

Yup, good thing you trolled first. You're the fastest troll there is. And yes you are a troll because you're calling out a specific user to annoy them with your post.

How is he trolling when he is right?

Remember according to Lume Style Savvy doesn't qualify as an actual game so it gets removed from the list.
---
Currently playing: Persona 4 Golden(Vita) Style Savvy: Trendsetters(3DS) The Vita Board: Where statistics, facts, owning both systems and opinions are trolling.
#96j2zon2591Posted 11/28/2012 12:54:03 PM
Sadly, I can understand that some people can't afford to take such risks in buying into this system.

Not to mention the competition have pretty good to similar entertainment values as far as more people are concerned anyway.
#97KodegaPosted 11/28/2012 1:03:05 PM
Nothing terrible surprising on the list as far as I can see. The boost from new colors really didn't do anything. Too bad about the EX Troopers bombing (kind of). Funny to even see CoD for 360 outselling it.
---
Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
#98Ambassador_KongPosted 11/28/2012 1:12:00 PM
Other people might actually be very interested in the future prospects of a console they consider buying (and yes, sales play a big part here)

Yeah, those poor sheeple have to do whatever the majority does. Why go through the trouble of researching and seeing if the Vita has games (both already released and upcoming) they might like when they can just follow the crowd and throw their money at whatever it is on the top of the sales chart? Free thinking is over-rated anyway.

Actually a rational analysis of the Vita would lead to the logical conclusion that it is best to wait on the Vita to see if the console will become viable. There is no available information to support the belief that the Vita will be fine. To be honest, it is completely irrational to buy a Vita at this point since all available data suggests that the consoles life will be a short one.
---
First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. by Mahatma Gandhi.
#99Sho_Minamimoto_Posted 11/28/2012 1:17:04 PM

Actually a rational analysis of the Vita would lead to the logical conclusion that it is best to wait on the Vita to see if the console will become viable. There is no available information to support the belief that the Vita will be fine. To be honest, it is completely irrational to buy a Vita at this point since all available data suggests that the consoles life will be a short one.

So people don't buy a console because it's selling poorly believing that developers won't develop games for it, and developers won't develop games for a console because it's selling poorly since people don't want to buy a console that's selling poorly because they're afraid developers won't develop games for it. Seems like a self-fulfilling prophecy :/

---
SINE! COSINE! TANGENT!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7e4xPatGKA
#100Ambassador_KongPosted 11/28/2012 1:38:19 PM

So people don't buy a console because it's selling poorly believing that developers won't develop games for it, and developers won't develop games for a console because it's selling poorly since people don't want to buy a console that's selling poorly because they're afraid developers won't develop games for it. Seems like a self-fulfilling prophecy :/

Well, it's common sense that developers will not put time and effort towards a system that doesn't have significant market share when there is a glut of viable consoles already on the market. The easy fix is to not have a poorly selling console. Look up "Nintendo, 3DS" in the book "How to Fix a Botched Console Launch" to see how it can be done. Sony sadly refused to accept that they had a problem with the Vita and now it is too late.

The Vita got stuck in a vicious cycle of bad public perception leading to bad developer perception which lead to worse public perception and..... I think you can see where this is going.

Short of a miracle (and by miracle I mean act of God) the Vita is dead. The history of electronic gaming is littered with the corpses of more failed systems than successful systems and this just happens to be the latest victim. I don't mean to sound like a troll, but there really is no reason to be optimistic about the Vita.
---
First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. by Mahatma Gandhi.