Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention or Persona 4 Golden?

#1Asume4Posted 11/28/2012 12:17:46 PM
looking for a great rpg for my vita and was wondering which one i should get first but i have some questions

1. Can I play either game without playing the earlier ones? will the plot confuse me if i don't?

2. How hard is each game and the approximate length of the games?
#2deathpapayaPosted 11/28/2012 12:21:20 PM(edited)
Get persona 4 Golden and wait for Disgaea 4.

1. Yes and Yes. You can play both stand alone fine.

2. Persona 4 is easier, Disgaea's length depends on you, So does Persona 4s to a certain degree.

Both games are massive time sinks tho so you shouldn't worry about it really.
---
XBL: Genophia PSN: Emophia/Kitikat Steam ID: Emophia
#3WiiFan77Posted 11/28/2012 12:21:21 PM
I've never beaten a Disgaea game, despite owning all four. Merely grinding and leveling to 9999 is so fun that I kinda forget about the story mode.
---
???
#4Sami1000Posted 11/28/2012 1:18:28 PM
Disgaea games are easy. You will be able to defeat everything eventually. In Persona 4 you can't power level to beat bosses easily. Well you can but you'll be grinding for hours to get one level at a time.

Disgaea 3 becomes one shot fest at the post game because nis wanted to impress people with big numbers. Defense becomes useless stat even if maxed out. I would suggest Disgaea 2 Dark hero days over it if you don't mind crappy story and characters.

One overlooked nis game is Z.H.P. It has really funny story, huge amount loot to get and huge amount of special moves. I liked this more than disgaea.

Persona 4 golden is about 50hours long at least if you play on normal and don't skip any story sequences.

Disgaea 3 seems to be 15-20H as is 2.

Z.H.P is about 20hours.
#5yankee6903Posted 11/28/2012 1:20:07 PM
Sami1000 posted...
Disgaea games are easy. You will be able to defeat everything eventually. In Persona 4 you can't power level to beat bosses easily. Well you can but you'll be grinding for hours to get one level at a time.

Disgaea 3 becomes one shot fest at the post game because nis wanted to impress people with big numbers. Defense becomes useless stat even if maxed out. I would suggest Disgaea 2 Dark hero days over it if you don't mind crappy story and characters.

One overlooked nis game is Z.H.P. It has really funny story, huge amount loot to get and huge amount of special moves. I liked this more than disgaea.

Persona 4 golden is about 50hours long at least if you play on normal and don't skip any story sequences.

Z.H.P is about 20hours.

I really want ZHP but isnt it still like $30? Im waiting for a sale.
---
PSN: nightshade6903 GT:nightshade6903
I am not a Republican or a Democrat, I am a conservative
#6Gamemaster64Posted 11/28/2012 1:24:16 PM
yankee6903 posted...
Sami1000 posted...

Z.H.P is about 20hours.

I really want ZHP but isnt it still like $30? Im waiting for a sale.

Just wait a bit, it be $15 soon. Don't know when it will be. Just keep a watch for it every Tuesday.
---
Not much of potato he said but potato he wrote.