PS3 sells 395k last week, vita 80k, Wii U outsells both

#31PetruskiPosted 11/29/2012 8:21:32 AM
-Equinox- posted...
WhiteSword7 posted...
-Equinox- posted...
BruceLee1974 posted...
Well it's obvious,3ds owners come here and brag how well their console sells compared to the Vita. I've been coming here for about a month here since I owned my Vita and have seen numerous threads about the poor sales figures of the Vita and how well the 3ds sells.

why can't people enjoy the console they own and don't worry about which one is selling better or worse ? There is always going to be one that's coming last or first so who cares really unless you own one of the companies then that's different.

You've only been here a month, so no offense but you don't have an accurate view on things here. Some people actually care about sales, it might sound crazy to you but sales are important. Without decent sales third parties will be hesitant to create games for the Vita. Now if this hatred for sales topics stems from the Vita selling badly, don't blame Kitt or others that converse about it, blame Sony and their failure at marketing. Kitt has reported both hardware and software sales since both the Vita and 3DS launched, possibly even before that. Don't be upset with him for wanting people to be informed. Truthfully, if the Vita was selling better people wouldn't have problems with sales topics.

So... If we "care" about ps vita sales topic in gamefaqs then the vita will sold better? the vita will be saved? More third party will come to vita if we care about sales topic here on gamefaqs??!!
lol

I didn't really mean care about the topics, I meant care about sales in general. Are people seriously content being oblivious to how a system sells or a newly released game sells in a region. Good system sales equate to higher % of ownership and that increases third party support. Good games sales mean the possibility of a new game becoming a franchise.

Except in the case of the Wii. It sold boatloads but had crappy third party support.
---
XBL: MekWek
PSN: Mr_Good
#32LordOfCinderPosted 11/29/2012 8:22:58 AM
Why are you worried about the PS3? It's a 6 years old console that still sells very well today. Let's see if the Wii U sells that much the next few weeks.
#33PetruskiPosted 11/29/2012 8:26:12 AM
kyomagi posted...
only site reporting is http://www.vgchartz.com/ and they have the wii u over its reported sales totals by 50k and the 360's reported sales totals over by 100k.

But looking at the ps3 and vita totals totals, it does not bode well for sony and even more if vgchartz is over estimating sales numbers

It does not bode well for Kyomagi that he has nothing better to do than post this crap.

Also vgchatz sucks.
---
#34xfactorPosted 11/29/2012 8:35:48 AM
Rotuhiiri posted...
kyomagi posted...
snowboard340 posted...
"vgchartz"

/topic

you are right, they could be over estimating the vita numbers and they could be dismal.

But there is no excuse for a system like the vita to get obliterated by the wii and def not by a 8 y/o handheld.

You don't get it, vgchartz is completely unreliable. There are several documented cases on this and no one allows them as a source. 80k sales on vgchartz can mean 30k as well as 300k in actual figures.

There is nothing to discuss because their numbers are made up, period.

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=18919#.ULd394ZX9tQ

Stop using vgchartz.

I have seen that nanmzz guy (and other fanboys) uses the 3 million vita sales on vgchartz as their source before.
---
www.capcom.co.jp/bio6
#35-Equinox-Posted 11/29/2012 8:40:07 AM
Petruski posted...
kyomagi posted...
only site reporting is http://www.vgchartz.com/ and they have the wii u over its reported sales totals by 50k and the 360's reported sales totals over by 100k.

But looking at the ps3 and vita totals totals, it does not bode well for sony and even more if vgchartz is over estimating sales numbers

It does not bode well for Kyomagi that he has nothing better to do than post this crap.

Also vgchatz sucks.

Well when the Vita launched in North America vgchartz estimated around 800,000 units sold. Obviously that was wrong but during that time people had no problem saying it was a good and reliable site.
---
Currently playing: Persona 4 Golden(Vita) Style Savvy: Trendsetters(3DS) The Vita Board: Where statistics, facts, owning both systems and opinions are trolling.
#36Abiz_Posted 11/29/2012 8:53:14 AM(edited)
Well when the Vita launched in North America vgchartz estimated around 800,000 units sold. Obviously that was wrong but during that time people had no problem saying it was a good and reliable site.

It doesn't matter if they think it is a good reliable site. Fact is no news source is going to use Vgchartz because they are wrong most of the time. NPD has a problem with online information. Both are worthless. I don't understand the need to act like backseat CEOs. Enjoy your product or don't and sell it. Stop wasting time on if a company going to be around for another 5 years or not. No way you are going to predict that.
---
Interestingly enough, video game companies used to be able to make money without selling out like cheap prostitutes.-KaiserWarrior
#37AnclationPosted 11/29/2012 8:56:08 AM
snowboard340 posted...
"vgchartz"

/topic

This. I'll wait for the NPD numbers (though I frankly doubt the Vita will do very well there either).
#38KingTykeem187Posted 11/29/2012 8:59:47 AM
The 360 sold 750k on its black friday sales. Idk where 100k came from.
---
Pokemon White FC (Mickie) (3568 9356 4362)
Pokemon Black 2 FC (Nikita) (0820 1558 5853)
#39blunderminePosted 11/29/2012 9:00:06 AM
Wow 80% attachment rate for NSMBWU, that's insane. Not so good numbers for ZombiU however.

It's kind of sad Vita couldn't even break 100,000
---
So if Nintendo changed the name of the Wii - U, would they be pulling a U-Wii?
#40PetruskiPosted 11/29/2012 9:01:07 AM
-Equinox- posted...
Petruski posted...
kyomagi posted...

Also vgchatz sucks.

Ok?? And those people who used vgchatz at that time were wrong...just like its wrong in this case.
---