PS3 sells 395k last week, vita 80k, Wii U outsells both

#61VladFrostPosted 11/29/2012 10:23:54 AM
squatch22 posted...
VladFrost posted...
Shouldn't a system that came out like last week automatically outsell systems that have been out forever?

Depends on supply...

But who are these people that are going out purchasing PS3's and 360's anyways? By now, shouldn't everyone who expects to play these systems already have them? I mean I know not everyone can afford to by game systems when they first release but come on, it's been years now. I can see people purchasing the Move or the Kinect still but the systems themselves? A bit odd. I suppose it just shows more people who in the past were not gamers are starting to become gamers as the market grows more and more casual and thus we have new people getting into gaming for the first time and purchasing these systems, and I suppose children who were too young for games last year are old enough this year in the eyes of their parents and thus the parents have bought the system this year for the children. I'd like to know more about the people buying these units and what led them to wait until this particular week of this particular year to buy.

why is it even news that the Wii U is selling more units than the PS3? Who said "This week, the PS3 will sell more units than any other game system!"?
#62chuchumyrocketPosted 11/29/2012 10:27:40 AM
kyomagi posted...
wartpigX posted...
wii u only has 3 cores. vita 4. all the other wii u specs are less than or equal to a 360 or ps3. wii u was born out dated. next year when the actuall next gen consoles launch wii u will be forgotten. just like last time
also wii u has been cracked already.

Thats because the wii u is more GPU heavy than the 360 and ps3,

fun fact, the 360 and ps3 are following nintendos lead, yet again, and going more gpu heavy rather than relying on all cpu

Fun fact, you have no idea what you are talking about.
---
PSN: chuchumyrocket Steam: chuchumyrocket
#63SuperShyGuy9000Posted 11/29/2012 10:29:47 AM
VladFrost posted...
Shouldn't a system that came out like last week automatically outsell systems that have been out forever? Even the vita has been out for a while now and to be honest I don't think it's been marketed too well nor does it have any must play games, so why would it be a hot seller?

No
Considering there may not even be 3 million Wii U units in existence period. It's not all that surprising.

There are probably warehouses full of 360s and PS3s ready to go, since they have been making them for 7 years
#64AnclationPosted 11/29/2012 10:29:52 AM
L0L_FAQ posted...
Just confirms that most people are dumb and would rather buy a 3dsxl with weaker hardware and worse games and no free game for the same price as a Vita bundle with a free memory stick and game, I hate this planet.

Maybe those people like actually playing games rather than reading specs and imaging how good the games on their would would be if it had any.

Blasphemy! Don't you understand that Vita is the objectively superior handheld, and that all of us who prefer the 3DS and its games are objectively wrong? Remember, Vita did not fail, we failed the Vita.
#65-Equinox-Posted 11/29/2012 10:34:53 AM
marinerzz posted...
Just confirms that most people are dumb and would rather buy a 3dsxl with weaker hardware and worse games and no free game for the same price as a Vita bundle with a free memory stick and game, I hate this planet.

Because graphics are the only thing that matter right?

Worse games. Stating opinion as fact and both handhelds have great games.

Well a normal XL non bundle comes with a 4gb memory card. Does a normal non bundle Vita? I wonder...

You don't want to live on this planet? We won't miss you.
---
Currently playing: Persona 4 Golden(Vita) Style Savvy: Trendsetters(3DS) The Vita Board: Where statistics, facts, owning both systems and opinions are trolling.
#66kyomagi(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 10:42:18 AM
chuchumyrocket posted...
kyomagi posted...
wartpigX posted...
wii u only has 3 cores. vita 4. all the other wii u specs are less than or equal to a 360 or ps3. wii u was born out dated. next year when the actuall next gen consoles launch wii u will be forgotten. just like last time

fun fact, the 360 and ps3 are following nintendos lead, yet again, and going more gpu heavy rather than relying on all cpu

actually i do, why do sonyponies like you hate facts so much
---
Magistarkyo - PSN; kyoakuma - 360, 3DS FC - 4339 2637 1918
#67Lelouch71Posted 11/29/2012 10:43:22 AM
snowboard340 posted...
"vgchartz"

/topic

---
"When you come at the king you best not miss"
#68AkagehisaPosted 11/29/2012 10:48:11 AM
Fire_Plover posted...
mike_411 posted...
Akagehisa posted...
KouenZan posted...
360 outsold the Wii U

what happened??

Yeah man,, those 7500k units sold where shocking, i was not expecting that,,,,it sold 2 times what WiiU did, and this is comming from a 7 year old console,,, not to shabby.

Funny how you are being ignored.

Yeah this is crazy, Wii U is being outsold by a 7+ year old console! It's inexcuseable and does not bode well for Nintendo's future!

Actually, it makes sense that the newly released Wii U (at least $300 for the Basic, with no games) didn't outsell the 360, which you could get like $150 bundles with the Kinect and two or three games. The Wii U was, and still is, in low stock almost everywhere, also explaining the lack of sales.

Black Friday is all about special deals and sales, so do you think most people would go for the mega-slashed Xbox that comes with a bunch of games, or the barely released Wii U that is still selling at full price? Let me think about that...

Then,,, all of you WiiU fans should wait 2 years to post topics about how it's outselling the competition,,, coz this is not happening right now,,, maybe in a couple of years it will,,, once it gets more games.
#69CaliaztecPosted 11/29/2012 10:51:31 AM
kyomagi posted...
chuchumyrocket posted...
kyomagi posted...
wartpigX posted...

actually i do, why do sonyponies like you hate facts so much

Would love to see you source these so called "facts"
---
Playing Need for Speed: Most Wanted on Vita add me!
PSN: Caliaztec
#70xspikePosted 11/29/2012 10:55:22 AM
Yay the Vita had a jump in sales, wheres the good bundles for EU and Japan? That should get some more sales. Hopefully the new bundle will increase the sales even further then the Amazon deal did as that comes with a TON of games.

In wow look at them Wii sales in the US!!! Its like a lot of people went out to buy a Wii U only to buy a Wii because they didn't know better.