Sony sells 525k PS3 and 160k Vita during Black Friday week, source: not vgchartz

#131darkphiresagePosted 11/29/2012 6:13:20 PM
why are people so surprised DS outsold everything? not only is it dirt cheap, it has an asston of titles. the system will be bought by previous owners who lost/sold/ect theirs, new owners who missed out on all the games, and parents with small children who wanna get them a portable system that won't make them wanna strangle the little turd when they break or lose it. not saying nintendo is kiddy, just that many people wouldn't buy any portable system over $100 for a 4-9 yr old.
---
vita board has literally 1 or 2 trolls - GoombaX (he was absolutely serious)
#132mizukage2Posted 11/29/2012 6:16:09 PM
nariusseldon posted...
Cable_mvc2 posted...
Jon Talbain posted...
When people thought the Vita only sold 80,000 during Black Friday, it was a flop. Now that the Vita actually sold double that, it is still a flop? This board is hilarious.

80k is a flop. 160k Is still a flop. The first DS still out sold the vita on black Friday lol.

Only a sony fanboy will think 160k is not a flop. It is dead last for the all consoles & handheld.

And this is the biggest selling weekend of the year. Anyone seriously think that vita can meet the now twice lowered forecast based on this 160k number?

And this is after two bundles, and a price drop (which Sony said won't happen till 2013).

The thing is, just because you are in last place doesn't mean you are doing badly. The PSP was 'behind' the DS, but in the end it still sold 71 million units as of 2011.

Granted, the Vita has been selling slower then the PSP did. But there is still time for it to turn around, so yeah.
---
I mean, i never see the right bash the left on anything because the blame game causes more issues than anything-Josh
#133Le_DerpstickPosted 11/29/2012 6:23:14 PM
kyomagi posted...
there is no excuse for being outsold by 100k behind the DS.

not the 3ds, but the ds.

More games, out for years so cheaper price... yeah there's a mountain of explanations actually [not really excuses but I think you're pretty confused so yeah].
---
Mai waifu: http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3729/maiwaifu.png
#134xXkewls0358Posted 11/29/2012 6:23:40 PM
BruceLee1974 posted...
You guys suck balls, why is everyone so worried about console sales ?

That's all you see on this board, sales threads. Why can't people just come on here and talk about the games and the things the console can do, just non stop sales threads, unbelieveable

Ya know.... You do have a "New Topic" button so instead of complaining about what others want to post an talk about why don't you do yourself a favour and use the tools your given. Just a thought.
---
fEeD mEh!!1
#135darkness1018Posted 11/29/2012 6:24:46 PM
CooperRC posted...
FXGcyuoid posted...
Wait, so it's not okay for people to come to the Vita boards and comment on how they thought the sales were poor (160,000) when it's fine for people from here to go over to the Wii U board and say how terrible the Wii U sales are (400,000).
What?

Nintendo are just stupid for not making enough Wii U units. They are basically sold out everywhere and as soon as new units arrive in retail, they disappear. They are keeping their own sales down. Right now I place the Wii U in the same category as the Vita though. I will not buy either system until they get enough new games (i.e. not ports or remakes) that I want to play.

Come to NYC then, the gamestops here have PLENTY of Wii Us, both versions. I bought 1 on BF with no prob and was at GS today, they still had em.
---
PSN-nightwing2099
Systems Owned- PS3, PSP, PSV, GC, DC, N64, Xbox(original)
#136Shadowfxd2Posted 11/29/2012 6:25:31 PM
mizukage2 posted...
nariusseldon posted...
Cable_mvc2 posted...
Jon Talbain posted...
When people thought the Vita only sold 80,000 during Black Friday, it was a flop. Now that the Vita actually sold double that, it is still a flop? This board is hilarious.

80k is a flop. 160k Is still a flop. The first DS still out sold the vita on black Friday lol.

Only a sony fanboy will think 160k is not a flop. It is dead last for the all consoles & handheld.

And this is the biggest selling weekend of the year. Anyone seriously think that vita can meet the now twice lowered forecast based on this 160k number?

And this is after two bundles, and a price drop (which Sony said won't happen till 2013).

The thing is, just because you are in last place doesn't mean you are doing badly. The PSP was 'behind' the DS, but in the end it still sold 71 million units as of 2011.

Granted, the Vita has been selling slower then the PSP did. But there is still time for it to turn around, so yeah.

So basically, game gear, lynx, turbo express, nomad, wonder swan, game com, ngpc, n Gage are all successful in their own little way?
---
http://i.imgur.com/NbGmq.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/ARXXY.jpg
Equals: http://i.imgur.com/ZpBae.jpg, Hmmm: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/29629070.jpg
#137cjs177Posted 11/29/2012 7:47:31 PM
These numbers are good for the Vita but are still really, bad holiday numbers.
#138asqwzx12Posted 11/29/2012 7:49:05 PM
FierceJello posted...
That's a terrible number for the Vita. It was being sold at fire sale prices and at a huge loss and it only managed 160k? Clearly it's not the Vita's price that's keeping consumers away, it's the Vita itself.

aren't you the guy saying the vita wasn't sold out on amazon ?
#139SuperShyGuy9000Posted 11/29/2012 7:55:26 PM
Well I think it's pretty good Vita numbers considering it has lost a lot of shelf space over the past few months.

PS3 looks pretty good too.
#140Neoreloaded313Posted 11/29/2012 8:01:43 PM
It does not help that the store I work at has not had any PS3's shipped in for over a month. Not sure if Sony may have some supply issues or my store just not buying them. I know since I have started working there I have sold more PS3's then any other system.
---
Trolls and ignorant people gets added to my ignore list.