Sony sells 525k PS3 and 160k Vita during Black Friday week, source: not vgchartz

#141CannondaleBobPosted 11/29/2012 8:02:03 PM
This is from engadget.

Microsoft's aging Xbox 360 console still has some pep in its proverbial step, moving more than 750K consoles last week in the US alone, rounded out by Black Friday. Between November 18 and 23, 360 sales bucked internal forecasts -- no doubt bolstered by the release of Halo 4 a few weeks prior, as well as holiday bundles -- helping Microsoft's game box to best Nintendo's new Wii U by more than double (during the Wii U's launch week, no less). Of course, the Xbox 360 now exists in a variety of flavors, from the $99 subscription model to the $300 S model; this makes Nintendo's $300 minimum for a Wii U a somewhat unfair comparison with the variety of Xbox 360s out there.
---
This is how I feel, I don't lie about how I feel so don't try to change my mind, you can still live a long and fruitful life even if you don't like what I say.
#142Shadowfxd2Posted 11/29/2012 8:17:02 PM
This is from engadget.

Microsoft's aging Xbox 360 console still has some pep in its proverbial step, moving more than 750K consoles last week in the US alone, rounded out by Black Friday. Between November 18 and 23, 360 sales bucked internal forecasts -- no doubt bolstered by the release of Halo 4 a few weeks prior, as well as holiday bundles -- helping Microsoft's game box to best Nintendo's new Wii U by more than double (during the Wii U's launch week, no less). Of course, the Xbox 360 now exists in a variety of flavors, from the $99 subscription model to the $300 S model; this makes Nintendo's $300 minimum for a Wii U a somewhat unfair comparison with the variety of Xbox 360s out there.

how is 750k double 400k?
---
http://i.imgur.com/NbGmq.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/ARXXY.jpg
Equals: http://i.imgur.com/ZpBae.jpg, Hmmm: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/29629070.jpg
#143NathanisDrakePosted 11/29/2012 8:21:04 PM
cjs177 posted...
These numbers are good for the Vita but are still really, bad holiday numbers.

No matter how the fanboys spin it. ^This is the truth.
---
I hate fanboys, but VITA fanboys are the most obnoxious of the bunch
Vita PSN coming soon
#144CannondaleBobPosted 11/29/2012 8:36:52 PM
Shadowfxd2 posted...
This is from engadget.

how is 750k double 400k?

I cut and paste their article. Who cares if the math is off, the results are the same
---
This is how I feel, I don't lie about how I feel so don't try to change my mind, you can still live a long and fruitful life even if you don't like what I say.
#145shadownet_46Posted 11/29/2012 8:49:20 PM
StrikeNinja24 posted...
160k on the biggest shopping week is not impressive, especially for a first year console.

StrikeNinja24 posted...
especially for a first year console.

StrikeNinja24 posted...
a first year console.

StrikeNinja24 posted...
console.

Derp more.
---
PSN: Shadownet46
Xboxlover2(Moderator): "I don't even play video games that often"
#146GhetsisPosted 11/29/2012 8:54:46 PM
shadownet_46 posted...
StrikeNinja24 posted...
160k on the biggest shopping week is not impressive, especially for a first year console.

StrikeNinja24 posted...
especially for a first year console.

StrikeNinja24 posted...
a first year console.

StrikeNinja24 posted...
console.

Derp more.

Uh. I don' t see the problem. It's a handheld game console.

Or are you going to seriously try to say that it's not?
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#147Lord_BariothPosted 11/29/2012 8:55:42 PM
GenocideHeart posted...
Has it occurred to you that it may be the Xbots doing it, and not the Sony fans? Because, you know, there's THREE major console developers, not two. And Xbox fans were pretty infamous for doing this in the past.

What about the robot ponies? You know, like Sweetie Bot?
---
"Megidoladyne" is a synonym for "Party Wipe", if you replace the Wi with Ra.
Whitney's Miltank rolls out more often than the Transformers.
#148FayeLadyPosted 11/29/2012 8:56:57 PM
160k is extremely good. Had you told me that would be Vita sales on black friday a month ago, I would have laughed in your face. It shows that price is actually a deal breaker for a lot of people. If Sony could price the thing better then it might last long enough to build a decent ecosystem.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#149TheBorderCoIliePosted 11/29/2012 8:58:27 PM
Ghetsis posted...

Handheld = system
Console = system
Handheld != console

Get your terms straight fool!
#150shadownet_46Posted 11/29/2012 9:03:15 PM(edited)
TheBorderCoIlie posted...
Ghetsis posted...

Handheld = system
Console = system
Handheld != console

Get your terms straight fool!

Actually handhelds are not EQUAL to a system, since that means they are interchangeable. Same for consoles.

The proper logical description would be:

handheld ( system
console ) system
handheld =/= console

(stupid gamefaqs doesn't let you use the subset symbol.....fail)

Get your logic straight fool!
---
PSN: Shadownet46
Xboxlover2(Moderator): "I don't even play video games that often"