Sony sells 525k PS3 and 160k Vita during Black Friday week, source: not vgchartz

#151HalecticPosted 11/29/2012 9:02:15 PM
The fact Xbox360 is getting the Skyrim DLC and the PS3 has yet to get any of it makes it the better console
---
Digimon World Dawn FC 000111545835
#152Shadowfxd2Posted 11/29/2012 10:39:42 PM
StrikeNinja24 posted...
160k on the biggest shopping week is not impressive, especially for a first year console.

StrikeNinja24 posted...
especially for a first year console.

StrikeNinja24 posted...
a first year console.

StrikeNinja24 posted...
console.

Derp more.

someone forgot about that "console experience on the go" AND if you're trying to say 160k is great for its first year, the 3DS did 795k its first black friday...
---
http://i.imgur.com/NbGmq.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/ARXXY.jpg
Equals: http://i.imgur.com/ZpBae.jpg, Hmmm: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/29629070.jpg
#153NnamzPosted 11/29/2012 10:51:55 PM
Shadowfxd2 posted...

someone forgot about that "console experience on the go" AND if you're trying to say 160k is great for its first year, the 3DS did 795k its first black friday...

So what the hell happened this year? 3DS is selling less than 1/3rd of what it did last year and BOTH 3DS and Vita are being outsold by the DS.

Seriously, why? I don't get it. And first years mean nothing. Sales go up after their first years, not down, unless the console is dying and on it's way out.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 3780 - 9095 - 9402 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#154legendarylemurPosted 11/30/2012 12:35:32 AM
Nnamz posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...

So what the hell happened this year? 3DS is selling less than 1/3rd of what it did last year and BOTH 3DS and Vita are being outsold by the DS.

Seriously, why? I don't get it. And first years mean nothing. Sales go up after their first years, not down, unless the console is dying and on it's way out.

You can think of it as the retailer's plans to get rid of their stock of DSes working very well. Plus, the economy's bad, so the casual audience is just gonna go for the cheaper choice. They could play Pokemon BW and BW2, so doesn't matter.
---
According to Wikipedia, you don't exist!
Official official. Officially
#155skyrimer3dPosted 11/30/2012 12:43:13 AM(edited)
Nnamz posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...

I agree with you, what happened to 3ds to fall 545k units in only one year, that's a huge fall in the biggest selling week. I mean, HUGE, and we're talking about a 2 year old system, it shouldn't be declining in sales at all.

And like you said, it's fun that people say 160k are very low sales specially in their first year, since when consoles sell a lot on their first year? Other than the WIi, which did great due to very low price and family appeal, most consoles grow steadily, peak on sales by the 4th-5th year and then slowly decline, PS3, Xbox360, PSP, NDS, etc didn't sell really well on their first year, which is logical since they tend to be expensive and have few games, then better games and price cuts make the consoles sell better.
#156ThePonyColliePosted 11/30/2012 1:49:05 AM
Those are impressive numbers! Finally, a great system sells well. Hope for a bright future for the Vita.

In your face, drones!
---
"You better not change the game, and you better be DAMN sure you don't make it the same game every time!" - RE Fans
#157Megaman OmegaPosted 11/30/2012 2:14:31 AM
Nnamz posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...

Last year, it had MK7 and SM3DL coming out at around this time. This year, not so much.
---
The PS3 is dead in Japan. - Sailor Goon
The Japanese don't like games such as Hot Shots Golf. - Sailor Goon
#158NathanisDrakePosted 11/30/2012 2:26:53 AM
The ponies are getting desperate...

Btw, I should mention that even though the 3ds sales are declining in the US, they're MASSIVELY increasing in Japan(where the gaming market actually matters IMO). So I don't think it'll be "out" anytime soon. The situation is almost akin to how the 360 isn't selling in Japan, and relies heavily on the western market for its success.

But honestly, it was naive of me to think that the Vita will actually manage to outsell the 3ds during Black Friday, and have the upper hand of the western market against the 3ds. Very naive...
---
I hate fanboys, but VITA fanboys are the most obnoxious of the bunch
Vita PSN : NateisD
#159Spetsnaz420Posted 11/30/2012 2:40:49 AM
I would have though Jello would have avoided this topic after getting served so hard in his own BF thread...never learn
---
Life is far too short to live for the reactions of others. True happiness is found within...try looking there first.
PSN: Spetsnaz420
#160GenocideHeartPosted 11/30/2012 4:15:58 AM
MonadAlvis posted...
GenocideHeart posted...
FXGcyuoid posted...
CooperRC posted...
FXGcyuoid posted...
Wait, so it's not okay for people to come to the Vita boards and comment on how they thought the sales were poor (160,000) when it's fine for people from here to go over to the Wii U board and say how terrible the Wii U sales are (400,000).
What?

Nintendo are just stupid for not making enough Wii U units. They are basically sold out everywhere and as soon as new units arrive in retail, they disappear. They are keeping their own sales down. Right now I place the Wii U in the same category as the Vita though. I will not buy either system until they get enough new games (i.e. not ports or remakes) that I want to play.

Doesn't change the fact it's pointless for the Sony pony's to gripe about it on the Vita board, and then go and do it on the Wii U board. It's annoying and hypocritical.

Has it occurred to you that it may be the Xbots doing it, and not the Sony fans? Because, you know, there's THREE major console developers, not two. And Xbox fans were pretty infamous for doing this in the past.

Has it occurred to you that he might recognize the names of people who do it (e.g. DemonDog)?

Was gonna post what he did til I saw it.

So ONE person doing it now represents all Vita owners? Great logic there. So, should I assume that because I've seen ONE american be racist, all Americans are on the racist bandwagon?

Come on, now... I'm a Vita owner and have been primarily a Sony user for the last 3 generations, and I don't go on other boards to bash other consoles. I expect others to do the same to me. If they don't, I call them what they are - trolls. I don't care WHY they are doing it, only that they ARE doing it. Two wrongs don't make a right, so let's not make excuses.

And before someone calls me a Sony poly or other cute names like that, keep in mind I have a Gamecube and a DS as well. I skipped the Wii and 3DS because the 3DS's 3D is useless to me and none of the non-remake games on it interests me enough to buy a console, and the Wii was way too party-game focused, though Xenoblades somewhat tempted me. Hell, I even bought a N64 solely for Mischief Makers (which I consider the best N64 game, period, no exception, yes that includes Zelda). So I'm hardly a Sony fanboy.

Only thing I avoided was the Xbox, because 1) the first Xbox sucked games wise, 2) the second Xbox was plagued by hardware issues even though it had games, and 3) Microsoft severely pissed me off over the years with their Windows shenanigans.

Well, that and the worst bombs in gaming history, such as Virtual Boy, 3DO, Jaguar, Lynx, Philips cd-I...
---
**PS3 ID: GenocideHeart - Vita ID: VR-Jaguarandi**
"You forgot to buy Warp Wire, didn't you?" --Nevius