l just noticed.. l lost my Ragnarok Odyssey game at the mall >_<

#11ManjiMidou(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 12:26:35 AM
Quiet_Noise posted...
At the end of my first ever vacation, I was ...I think 8 or 9 years old...we visited Florida, and a lot of imported pokemon stuff was everywhere because it was booming at the time. I got a Togepi miniature, opened a Venusaur AND a Blastoise out of the 3 packs of cards I was allowed to buy I got, and was even allowed to buy a gameboy color game. I don't even remember which one I picked up, I want to say it was pokemon pinball or maybe dragon warrior monsters 2? Either way, it was the first time I ever had a budget, and I had such a blast.

Anyway, we were finishing up and ready to come home. We ate a little place at the airport to kill some time. I had brought Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire with me to help ease the boredom of the flight, and I had become pretty absorbed with it. As in, reading it while walking around, not paying attention to anything. It wasn't until we were at the port expecting the plane in 5 mintues when I realized my shoulder wasn't very heavy.

The case I kept my GBC, games, cards, and Togepi in wasn't there.

I had left it in a chair at the eatery.

We went back, it was gone.

Of course, I cried, not in a bratty tantrum way, but in a "I am the biggest idiot ever" way.

But, I felt something in my pocket, and for some reason I had stuffed Togepi in it instead of my carrier. And then I checked my other pocket and holy **** if it wasn't my GBC and the game I had gotten.

I did lose my cards and about five games. Parents told me they wouldn't be buying those games again for me because it was my responsibility and that I needed to care more about my own things. At that point, I was just so happy to have not lost EVERYTHING, but it was a pretty low point at the end of an otherwise wonderful memory.

TL;DR : I know that feel bro. I do. It's the worst thing ever, you can see exactly where you screwed up, and you wish you could go back in time not to fix the problem, but to kick yourself in the groin for doing it.

I know.

=/ I sorry man. /hug

*Hugs Back*

l'm so depressed mate, so, so depressed :(
#12Freelance_WolfPosted 11/30/2012 12:32:54 AM
Quiet_Noise, the important thing is that you found your GBC. Losing a console is a lot worse than losing games. At least you can still play games as opposed to having to buy the same system again.
---
Max: "I think he just needs a hug, or a sharp blow to the head."
#13CaliaztecPosted 11/30/2012 12:34:47 AM
I feel for you man! I remember when I was in 8th grade I had a neon green and clear gameboy color and when playing with friends after school some older kid stole it from my backpack and I saw him playing it the next day and even took him to the office over it. Proved that the game was mine because it had my save but the kids mom was just as big of piece of garbage as he was and lied that she had just bought it for him 2 days earlier for his birthday. The back was all scratched up and serial code sticker all worn. I was such a pissed off 12 year old that day. I could've slew them both. I felt so wronged and cheated.
---
Playing Need for Speed: Most Wanted on Vita add me!
PSN: Caliaztec
#14skyrimer3dPosted 11/30/2012 12:46:59 AM
That's one of the reasons why I like it digital, I tend to lose all kinds of stuff lol
#15pariah164Posted 11/30/2012 12:47:49 AM
A so-called friend stole my copy of Kirby's Dream Land - and the GBC I had it in - from me when I was at school. I went to the nurse and stupidly forgot to lock my desk drawer I had my stuff in. He flat out told me he did it, then threatened to beat me up if I told anyone (I was 10 or so at the time)

Joke was on him; the power switch had broken on me that morning, and I was planning to go out and get it fixed or a new one. He never did give me back Kirby's Dream Land, though...

TL;DR - I know that feel bro. *hugs*
---
The Original Pari - Accept Nothing Less (Innocent Until Proven Evil)
Keeping this in my sig until a new Phoenix Wright game is released in the US!
#16defunct32Posted 11/30/2012 1:36:00 AM
Slightly off topic: I can't seem to get into Ragnarok Odyssey for some super odd reason.
#17ljobenzaPosted 11/30/2012 2:15:41 AM
MarioKartDavid posted...
Putting something like that in your pocket, you deserve losing it, it's like putting your wallet in your pocket asking everybody to grab it without you noticing it

Yeah pockets are just there for style. They hold no purpose.
#18GeomagnusPosted 11/30/2012 2:32:25 AM
Caliaztec posted...
I feel for you man! I remember when I was in 8th grade I had a neon green and clear gameboy color and when playing with friends after school some older kid stole it from my backpack and I saw him playing it the next day and even took him to the office over it. Proved that the game was mine because it had my save but the kids mom was just as big of piece of garbage as he was and lied that she had just bought it for him 2 days earlier for his birthday. The back was all scratched up and serial code sticker all worn. I was such a pissed off 12 year old that day. I could've slew them both. I felt so wronged and cheated.

Oh man, you should have had someone like my mother. She once harassed Microsoft Support for DAYS just so I'd get the POS replacement they sent me when mine broke after 3 months sent back tot hem so I could get one that actually works. She'd have gone into that office, and wouldn't have left until she got that Gameboy Color back.

On topic, I definitely know that feeling, TC. I once lost not just one, but TWO copies of Pokemon Gold, one year after another, in the exact same car, on the exact same trip back from Lake Champlain. It freaking SUCKED.
#19Angemon_23Posted 11/30/2012 3:20:31 AM
Did you at least backup the saves recently, either through PS+, CMA or RO server?
---
"Angemon_23 already rocked this topic to its very core, and everyone since is just posting in the ashes." - GradyHoover
#20Arucard05Posted 11/30/2012 3:43:18 AM
That sucks man. I'm a physical over digital guy always, but when something like that happens it's hard not to think "If only I had bought digital!"
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
It's better than bad.