Nintendo is better at marketing

#1luigi555Posted 11/30/2012 6:50:52 AM
Nintendo launched the 3ds without a 2nd analog stick & currently launch a new console (Wii U) without a 2nd controller.

Sure many will argue that you can use the pro controller or Wii remote but please the whole point to the Wii U is the tablet controller which only one person can use; heck let's put it this way! Back in the 80ís the nes allowed you to play with 2 people yet in 2012 the Wii U canít!

Then there is the fact that the Wii U CPU is inferior to the 360 and PS3 but still no one cares, and let us not forget that the Wii U cost more than the 360 and PS3 too but still the sales keep pouring in but why?

Sony needs to get with Disney to make exclusive games and take a bite into the family category because between you me; soccer moms donít care about CPU or any tech. They buy what their children ask for!

Iím not saying Sony should abandon the adult gaming but they need to add more family games because there is clearly money to be made in this group since Nintendo sales have proven it!

Your thoughtsÖ
#2McMarblesPosted 11/30/2012 6:56:29 AM
You're absolutely right, and everyone will tell you how wrong you are.

But refusing to expand their audience nearly killed the comic book industry, and I don't want the same thing to happen to video games.
---
Currently playing: Suikoden
Rainbow Dash is best pony. Fact.
#3Angemon_23Posted 11/30/2012 6:57:12 AM
Nintendo advertises. Sony doesn't.
---
"Angemon_23 already rocked this topic to its very core, and everyone since is just posting in the ashes." - GradyHoover
#4FayeLadyPosted 11/30/2012 6:59:16 AM
If you're looking for the most powerful piece of hardware then The Wii U probably isn't what you are looking for. History has shown most gamers are more interested in games, as newer tablets and PCS blow everything else away.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#5vyseskiesPosted 11/30/2012 7:01:10 AM
what do you mean by launching the WiiU without a "second" controller? The WiiU have three different kinds of controllers already.
---
Hail Monster Hunter Franchise! Hail One Piece!
<3
#6stargazer64Posted 11/30/2012 7:12:30 AM
Sony used to be better. Not sure what happened once the PS3 hit and the PSP was out for awhile. Perhaps they had to fire the good marketing and advertising companies since they were/are hemorrhaging money.
---
What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing.
#7luigi555(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 7:20:21 AM(edited)
vyseskies posted...
what do you mean by launching the WiiU without a "second" controller? The WiiU have three different kinds of controllers already.

I mean you can only use 1 tablet!

I really love Super Mario games but man do I ever wish Nintendo would just leave the hardware side to Sony and MS and they (Nintendo) would just stick to making games but as long as there are people buying Wii's and DS's Nintendo I guess has no reason to leave (Hardware)!
#8j2zon2591Posted 11/30/2012 7:19:19 AM
luigi555 posted...
Nintendo launched the 3ds without a 2nd analog stick & currently launch a new console (Wii U) without a 2nd controller.

Sure many will argue that you can use the pro controller or Wii remote but please the whole point to the Wii U is the tablet controller which only one person can use; heck let's put it this way! Back in the 80ís the nes allowed you to play with 2 people yet in 2012 the Wii U canít!

Then there is the fact that the Wii U CPU is inferior to the 360 and PS3 but still no one cares, and let us not forget that the Wii U cost more than the 360 and PS3 too but still the sales keep pouring in but why?

Sony needs to get with Disney to make exclusive games and take a bite into the family category because between you me; soccer moms donít care about CPU or any tech. They buy what their children ask for!

Iím not saying Sony should abandon the adult gaming but they need to add more family games because there is clearly money to be made in this group since Nintendo sales have proven it!

Your thoughtsÖ

Idk abt better marketing but the NINTENDO brand is established enough that even the oldies are much comfortable with its purchase than other platforms.

Broken record mode: Mario, Pokemon, etc. are software crack.
#9DucePosted 11/30/2012 7:21:46 AM
stargazer64 posted...
Sony used to be better. Not sure what happened once the PS3 hit and the PSP was out for awhile. Perhaps they had to fire the good marketing and advertising companies since they were/are hemorrhaging money.

John Koller is what happened all those terrible Playstation commercials and other marketing fails over the last few years were under his watch. I'm shocked that Kaz didn't fire that idiot after taking over.
#10inuyasha1031Posted 11/30/2012 7:26:55 AM
When I saw your name I thought "Oh boy another Nintendrone that's going to spout more bull again". I was pleasantly surprised.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Fhluz.jpg