Nintendo is better at marketing

#11DarkAdonis123Posted 11/30/2012 7:34:43 AM
Sony's problem isn't just lack of marketing. They're also stubborn to a fault.

Nintendo quickly slashed the price of the 3DS to $170 when they saw it wasn't selling for $250.

It's been almost a year since the japanese Vita launch and they're still stubbornly sticking to a price point that they know isn't working.

Nearly a year later, and they're selling far more PSPs(which we all thought would be dead by now) than Vitas. They'd rather keep the price that's shelving it than cut it by $50 and possibly start moving them.

One can only imagine the displeasure among their shareholders.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#12PlayaMadeTxn05Posted 11/30/2012 7:52:28 AM
Yea, I immediately thought you were going to go into a tyrant about how Nintendo slaughters Sony's marketing, but you discussed your points intelligently and unbiased. Kudos.

But I do agree 100%. Nintendo could honestly sell systems without marketing much because they are to gaming as Star Wars is to movies. Everyone knows who they are.

Sony is of course a huge player in the gaming world, but not on the level as Nintendo. But Sony is so dang prideful, or clueless, that they feel that they can release a powerful handheld and that alone would move systems.

They need to own up to the fact they messed up, and really start to push the Vita. Commercials, commercials, commercials. Pique the consumers interest by putting the Vita in every form of media available. And getting more developers behind the system wouldn't hurt either.

Just my two cents.
---
"You still play SNES & Genesis games? Yeah, they are terrible by today's standard. Graphics sells .. like it or not." - nariusseldon
#13OtakuGameraPosted 11/30/2012 7:57:27 AM
@DarkAdonis123: the difference here is the 3DS started off WAY overpriced, how else do you think they could slash it by 80$ and still make profit? sony isnt in the same boat, at all.
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64767381
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg
#14FlipManV3Posted 11/30/2012 8:12:32 AM
To be honest, they're both bad at marketing.

Nintendo is just more recognized in the industry. Microsoft is the only one that markets properly, even though I hate the company.
-
---
The Vita and the Wii U boards have the whiniest people on GameFAQs.
#15BahamutBBobPosted 11/30/2012 8:39:53 AM
luigi555 posted...
Nintendo launched the 3ds without a 2nd analog stick & currently launch a new console (Wii U) without a 2nd controller.

Stopped reading there.

The last console I (or my family) bought that had two controllers was a Super Nintendo. N64, new, 1 controller. PS1, new, 1 controller. PS2, new, 1 controller. Et cetera.

The only way to get two controllers with an Xbox 360 or a PS3 is to either buy a bundle that has two, which isn't the normal SKU, or buy an extra yourself.

Selling a console with 1 controller and being successful does not count as "better marketing."
---
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob
#16Kuebel33Posted 11/30/2012 8:42:05 AM
I agree with a lot of what you say, but the marketing blitz for Wii U is terrible.

No one knows what the hell it is (even though I own it and it is super bad ass, just sayin). On the other hand, how do you even advertise something like Wii U,
---
Wii U: kuebel33 - Wii: 8877 3660 6443 4949 - XboxLive, psn, & Steam: DirtiestQBizzy
3DS: Q : 2449-4627-4540 | playing: Gears3, ZombiU, Blops 2, NSMBU
#17Arucard05Posted 11/30/2012 8:45:08 AM
Al Qaeda has better marketing than Sony. They have to wake up sometime.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Do you want to read awesomely rad reviews and articles? No? ****.
#18DemfcanePosted 11/30/2012 8:47:45 AM
Luigi you are right, Nintendo has always had the best marketing. That's how they managed to stay relevant all these years.
#19xfactorPosted 11/30/2012 8:49:15 AM
I didn't know Nintendo has invented the technology which only display whatever's on the Wii tablet screen to only 1 pair of eyes at a time. Link?
---
www.capcom.co.jp/bio6
#20Slaya4Posted 11/30/2012 9:12:40 AM
There are no in betweens. The real problem is Sony doesn't know how to separate a console and a handheld. What's the point in buying a Vita? Uncharted, AC? Nope PS3 can do that.

What's the point in buying a 3DS? Pokemon, Mario? Yep.

Granted the WiiU can play those games but Nintendo makes the feel for them completely different. Whereas the Vita feels like a port. Sony just needs to learn how to say "This game seems more like a handheld game and this game seems more like a console game"

If it was up to me it would be like this

Sly = Vita
FF = Console
FF Spin Off = Vita
Digimon = Vita
Modnation Racers = Vita
Monster Hunter = Vita/Console
Uncharted = Console
Etc.

Have the consumer actually want the Vita. Ask why somebody bought the 3DS and they would more than likely say "because Pokemon is coming out for it". Stop all this crossbreeding crap and let the handheld be a handheld and not some PS3 hybrid they are trying to make it out to be.

I've said it plenty of times Digimon could be the stamp of Sony handhelds as Pokemon is to Nintendo handhelds if they just make it right. Forget all this "mature" crap and give me games.
---
Huh??