Nintendo is better at marketing

#21SilentHawk29Posted 11/30/2012 9:19:49 AM
Nintendo advertises. Sony doesn't.

I see just as many commercials for Black Ops: Declassified as I do for the Wii U.
---
PSN - Srikar || WKC2 - Jinto
My car: http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/239/71newwheels06.jpg
#22SilentHawk29Posted 11/30/2012 9:24:57 AM
What's the point in buying a 3DS? Pokemon, Mario? Yep.

Or how about all of the console ports?
---
#23SableBopPosted 11/30/2012 9:29:17 AM
Pricing is also a huge facter. More people can afford DS's than Vitas. Look what happened when Amazon had a Black Friday sale on Vita bundles...so many people bought them. People that were on the fence. Most of them, from what I've read, love the system but would have never bought it at full price.
#24johnluke728Posted 11/30/2012 9:37:10 AM
SilentHawk29 posted...
I see just as many commercials for Black Ops: Declassified as I do for the Wii U.

Except Call of Duty is a third-party, multiplatform franchise across three to four completely different systems. The guys at Sony do advertise their own first-party titles, but not nearly as much as I'd like on the TV, their commercials are hilarious! XD
---
http://shantaefanforums.tk/ <-- Huge fan of the Shantae games? Then you should check the first fan forum that's all about the belly-dancing half-genie!
#25SilentHawk29Posted 11/30/2012 9:44:19 AM(edited)
... Declassified is Vita only as far as I know. It's a commercial with them using the Vita. Before that, there was the AC:Liberations commercial.

Edit: plus they've been putting out commercials for LBP Karting and PSASBR.
---
#26Doom_InfinitePosted 11/30/2012 10:04:52 AM
Angemon_23 posted...
Nintendo advertises. Sony doesn't.

I donít know where you get such an idea. Sony spends a bundle on PR and marketing related expenditures.
---
I am yours to command, point out our foes and step out of my way. - Adam, Shining Force
#27EarthViperPosted 11/30/2012 10:13:49 AM
While I agree with the basic premise of your post I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed that the Wii U can support two tablet controllers. As of yet no games do and Nintendo isn't shipping stand alone ones to stores yet but iirc it can/will.
---
Clam shell plastic packaging is, in fact, my mortal enemy.
#28riboflavPosted 11/30/2012 10:19:53 AM
I think the marketing by Nintendo has been terrible, especially for the WiiU. The basic fact is that Nintendo makes the best games. That is why they continue to stay popular. The best tech is nothing without great games, that's the way it is. A true gamer wants to experience a variety of games. By owning a Nintendo platform and one of the other two platforms (Xbox or Sony), you are set. That's the trick, the other two platforms without Nintendo doesn't work. Why would I not buy a system that plays Mario, Zelda, Mario Kart, Smash Brothers, and Metroid when they are the best designed games.
I don't want to give the wrong impression, I love all console games and I really love my Vita too (I find it to have many great games, especially if you love fighting games) but Nintendo does make the best games. This is frustrating for people because they want the best games to come on the most powerful consoles and they don't. I'm 41 years old and I would estimate that I have played more games than 99% of the population. My friends my age think that kiddie games include Call of Duty, Halo, etc., the games that kids play to look tough and be cool. Nintendo games are not kiddie games, this is just something falsely spread through the media by the most computer-using people around (kids and young teenagers).
#29AkagehisaPosted 11/30/2012 11:08:22 AM
riboflav posted...
I think the marketing by Nintendo has been terrible, especially for the WiiU. The basic fact is that Nintendo makes the best games. That is why they continue to stay popular. The best tech is nothing without great games, that's the way it is. A true gamer wants to experience a variety of games. By owning a Nintendo platform and one of the other two platforms (Xbox or Sony), you are set. That's the trick, the other two platforms without Nintendo doesn't work. Why would I not buy a system that plays Mario, Zelda, Mario Kart, Smash Brothers, and Metroid when they are the best designed games.
I don't want to give the wrong impression, I love all console games and I really love my Vita too (I find it to have many great games, especially if you love fighting games) but Nintendo does make the best games. This is frustrating for people because they want the best games to come on the most powerful consoles and they don't. I'm 41 years old and I would estimate that I have played more games than 99% of the population. My friends my age think that kiddie games include Call of Duty, Halo, etc., the games that kids play to look tough and be cool. Nintendo games are not kiddie games, this is just something falsely spread through the media by the most computer-using people around (kids and young teenagers).

I know you love the mario games and stuff,,, they are well designed,, kinda short games but wth,,,, but,, do you have an idea that for every "best" game Nintendo make,,, there are like 10 great games on multiplatforms?,,,, not everything is 1st party,,

We got recently one that nonone saw it comming,,, Dishonored.

In my book,,, nintendo makes great 1st party games, games that are needed and complement perfectly the other consoles like you say,,, but they surely dont make "the best" games,,, there are great games from 3rd companies, an example would be Rayman origins, that game IMO is the best platformer in a long long time.

Maybe if you take off those N-fanboy glasses you would apreciate more the good games from 3rd companies. ;)
#30esehomie14Posted 11/30/2012 11:14:02 AM
inuyasha1031 posted...
When I saw your name I thought "Oh boy another Nintendrone that's going to spout more bull again". I was pleasantly surprised.

My thoughts exactly.