Nintendo is better at marketing

#31EvilSock1990Posted 11/30/2012 11:19:16 AM
luigi555 posted...
Nintendo launched the 3ds without a 2nd analog stick & currently launch a new console (Wii U) without a 2nd controller.

when was the last time you bought a new system and it came with 2 controllers?

Sure many will argue that you can use the pro controller or Wii remote but please the whole point to the Wii U is the tablet controller which only one person can use; heck let's put it this way! Back in the 80ís the nes allowed you to play with 2 people yet in 2012 the Wii U canít!

you can use up to 2 tablets IIRC

Then there is the fact that the Wii U CPU is inferior to the 360 and PS3 but still no one cares, and let us not forget that the Wii U cost more than the 360 and PS3 too but still the sales keep pouring in but why?

what?! A new system costing more than 6 year old hardware?! MADNESS!
the CPU may be weaker but the GPU makes up for it.

Sony needs to get with Disney to make exclusive games and take a bite into the family category because between you me; soccer moms donít care about CPU or any tech. They buy what their children ask for!

normal people don't care about CPU unless they are talking about computers.

Iím not saying Sony should abandon the adult gaming but they need to add more family games because there is clearly money to be made in this group since Nintendo sales have proven it!

Your thoughtsÖ

m'kay
---
Brought to you by PlayStation Vita Cinema snack Fun Land - Gotta breed 'em all.
I'm kinda sticky from the charmander thing. -Socky
#32riboflavPosted 11/30/2012 11:28:49 AM
Akagehisa posted...
riboflav posted...
I think the marketing by Nintendo has been terrible, especially for the WiiU. The basic fact is that Nintendo makes the best games. That is why they continue to stay popular. The best tech is nothing without great games, that's the way it is. A true gamer wants to experience a variety of games. By owning a Nintendo platform and one of the other two platforms (Xbox or Sony), you are set. That's the trick, the other two platforms without Nintendo doesn't work. Why would I not buy a system that plays Mario, Zelda, Mario Kart, Smash Brothers, and Metroid when they are the best designed games.
I don't want to give the wrong impression, I love all console games and I really love my Vita too (I find it to have many great games, especially if you love fighting games) but Nintendo does make the best games. This is frustrating for people because they want the best games to come on the most powerful consoles and they don't. I'm 41 years old and I would estimate that I have played more games than 99% of the population. My friends my age think that kiddie games include Call of Duty, Halo, etc., the games that kids play to look tough and be cool. Nintendo games are not kiddie games, this is just something falsely spread through the media by the most computer-using people around (kids and young teenagers).

I know you love the mario games and stuff,,, they are well designed,, kinda short games but wth,,,, but,, do you have an idea that for every "best" game Nintendo make,,, there are like 10 great games on multiplatforms?,,,, not everything is 1st party,,

We got recently one that nonone saw it comming,,, Dishonored.

In my book,,, nintendo makes great 1st party games, games that are needed and complement perfectly the other consoles like you say,,, but they surely dont make "the best" games,,, there are great games from 3rd companies, an example would be Rayman origins, that game IMO is the best platformer in a long long time.

Maybe if you take off those N-fanboy glasses you would apreciate more the good games from 3rd companies. ;)

No, I do appreciate the others too. I have Rayman Origins and Dishonored (and Skyrim, and Darksiders 2, and almost everything else - I spend a lot on games). I'm saying that the other great games are usually multiplatform so having a PS3 OR XBox 360 on top of a Nintendo WiiU will suffice. I chose an Xbox 360 over PS3 and I admit that I would love to play God of War, MGS, Heavy Rain, and Uncharted but Nintendo's First Party games are more of a draw to me than these few games.
#33EarthViperPosted 11/30/2012 11:29:49 AM
Akagehisa posted...
riboflav posted...
I think the marketing by Nintendo has been terrible, especially for the WiiU. The basic fact is that Nintendo makes the best games. That is why they continue to stay popular. The best tech is nothing without great games, that's the way it is. A true gamer wants to experience a variety of games. By owning a Nintendo platform and one of the other two platforms (Xbox or Sony), you are set. That's the trick, the other two platforms without Nintendo doesn't work. Why would I not buy a system that plays Mario, Zelda, Mario Kart, Smash Brothers, and Metroid when they are the best designed games.
I don't want to give the wrong impression, I love all console games and I really love my Vita too (I find it to have many great games, especially if you love fighting games) but Nintendo does make the best games. This is frustrating for people because they want the best games to come on the most powerful consoles and they don't. I'm 41 years old and I would estimate that I have played more games than 99% of the population. My friends my age think that kiddie games include Call of Duty, Halo, etc., the games that kids play to look tough and be cool. Nintendo games are not kiddie games, this is just something falsely spread through the media by the most computer-using people around (kids and young teenagers).

I know you love the mario games and stuff,,, they are well designed,, kinda short games but wth,,,, but,, do you have an idea that for every "best" game Nintendo make,,, there are like 10 great games on multiplatforms?,,,, not everything is 1st party,,

In my book,,, nintendo makes great 1st party games, games that are needed and complement perfectly the other consoles like you say,,, but they surely dont make "the best" games,,, there are great games from 3rd companies, an example would be Rayman origins, that game IMO is the best platformer in a long long time.

Maybe if you take off those N-fanboy glasses you would apreciate more the good games from 3rd companies. ;)

I may be wrong in how I read his post but I don't think he's saying Nintendo>All other companies combined, but rather as far as one company goes Nintendo is at the top. Many may disagree but it's not an invalid opinion, for his tastes they may be the best and that doesn't make him a fanboy. Outside CoD and Halo I also didn't see him failing to 'appreciate' any 3rd party software rather I saw him saying he 'loves all console games', 'loves his vita' and recommends owning a Xbox or Playstation product alongside a Nintendo one to be 'set'.

I'm sure hearing someone say Nintendo makes 'the best games' can get under the skin of some of this boards users especially with how inundated it is with trolls (many of whom are likely Nintendo fanboys) but don't be so quick to call someone a fanboy. You may know more about this particular user than I but from that post alone he seems to just harmlessly like Nintendo best and that's not a crime.
---
Clam shell plastic packaging is, in fact, my mortal enemy.
#34Devil875Posted 11/30/2012 11:31:16 AM
Yeah Sony guys aren't pretty good with advertisement. Vita beats the crap out of the 3DS in many aspects (not in games really, specially not with Monster Hunter coming up) and the Wii U is quite expensive for what it is. But yeah...
---
Silver friend code: 3696 2232 7604
White friend code: 1162 9145 3958
#35kyncaniPosted 11/30/2012 12:16:11 PM(edited)
luigi555 posted...
Then there is the fact that the Wii U CPU is inferior to the 360 and PS3 but still no one cares, and let us not forget that the Wii U cost more than the 360 and PS3 too but still the sales keep pouring in but why?
Sony needs to get with Disney to make exclusive games and take a bite into the family category because between you me; soccer moms donít care about CPU or any tech. They buy what their children ask for!

A lot of people have bought xbox 360 or ps3, more than the wii u too. Judging by today's poll, a lot of people are not interested in the wii u as well.
They should focus on disney, family and children things; but of course they already do. They're good at that, good for them but that's just not what I'm looking for.
It does not matter, I'll just buy something else and that will be the end of it.
#36Yuri_LowelIPosted 11/30/2012 12:17:02 PM
Yeah Sony guys aren't pretty good with advertisement. Vita beats the crap out of the 3DS in many aspects (not in games really, specially not with Monster Hunter coming up) and the Wii U is quite expensive for what it is. But yeah...

Wii U is terrible.
---
http://s19.postimage.org/euz7x7atd/yurilowell.png
#37riboflavPosted 11/30/2012 12:26:07 PM
EarthViper posted...
Akagehisa posted...
riboflav posted...

I may be wrong in how I read his post but I don't think he's saying Nintendo>All other companies combined, but rather as far as one company goes Nintendo is at the top. Many may disagree but it's not an invalid opinion, for his tastes they may be the best and that doesn't make him a fanboy. Outside CoD and Halo I also didn't see him failing to 'appreciate' any 3rd party software rather I saw him saying he 'loves all console games', 'loves his vita' and recommends owning a Xbox or Playstation product alongside a Nintendo one to be 'set'.

I'm sure hearing someone say Nintendo makes 'the best games' can get under the skin of some of this boards users especially with how inundated it is with trolls (many of whom are likely Nintendo fanboys) but don't be so quick to call someone a fanboy. You may know more about this particular user than I but from that post alone he seems to just harmlessly like Nintendo best and that's not a crime.

Yes, that's exactly what I was trying to say, thanks. Marketing isn't the reason for Nintendo being successful, they are successful becuase I believe that Microsoft and Sony are competing against one another (with similar 3rd party games) and Nintendo is off to the side but is still essential to have to a person who wants to experience the best games from all consoles.
#38Devil875Posted 11/30/2012 12:26:39 PM
Yuri_LowelI posted...
Wii U is terrible.

Pretty much. I still can't believe how crappy it is. And the price. Also the design of the 3DS, man what the deuce were they thinking.
But yup, they are better at marketing and they have too many fans even if they just keep making the same games exactly the same way.
---
Silver friend code: 3696 2232 7604
White friend code: 1162 9145 3958
#39Yuri_LowelIPosted 11/30/2012 12:39:59 PM(edited)
Pretty much. I still can't believe how crappy it is. And the price. Also the design of the 3DS, man what the deuce were they thinking.
But yup, they are better at marketing and they have too many fans even if they just keep making the same games exactly the same way.

It's going to take a lot more than "good marketing" to sell that POS. 3DS is a great, but Wii U is garbage. Look at the terrible online system. Games are £50 in the UK. it's obsecenely expensive.

Wanna buy Black Ops 2 on 360 or Wii U? well the wiiU version costs £10 more for no reason

well Tbh i'll get a Wii U when Smash Bros 4 comes out but those 40yr old divorced bored housewives aren't going to buy it like they did with Wii. The tablet is a little bit too big if you know what I mean
---
http://s19.postimage.org/euz7x7atd/yurilowell.png
#40EvilSock1990Posted 11/30/2012 12:45:28 PM
Yuri_LowelI posted...

It's going to take a lot more than "good marketing" to sell that POS. 3DS is a great, but Wii U is garbage. Look at the terrible online system. Games are £50 in the UK. it's obsecenely expensive.

Wanna buy Black Ops 2 on 360 or Wii U? well the wiiU version costs £10 more for no reason

well Tbh i'll get a Wii U when Smash Bros 4 comes out but those 40yr old divorced bored housewives aren't going to buy it like they did with Wii. The tablet is a little bit too big if you know what I mean

is that why it sold 400K in one week?
oh wait you are one of the trolls from the Wii U board.
---
Brought to you by PlayStation Vita Cinema snack Fun Land - Gotta breed 'em all.
I'm kinda sticky from the charmander thing. -Socky