Nintendo is better at marketing

#41AkagehisaPosted 11/30/2012 12:56:34 PM
riboflav posted...
EarthViper posted...
Akagehisa posted...
riboflav posted...

Yes, that's exactly what I was trying to say, thanks. Marketing isn't the reason for Nintendo being successful, they are successful becuase I believe that Microsoft and Sony are competing against one another (with similar 3rd party games) and Nintendo is off to the side but is still essential to have to a person who wants to experience the best games from all consoles.

That is much better, that is what I think too,,, but only if you like nintendo's 1st party titles,, because you get a lot of those before a couple of great 3rd party exclusives start showing up.

Hopefully that can change with WiiU.

Nintendo doesn't need to do great marketing because it's consoles are asociated with kids, when you are a kid, you start playing games with them, and the father-son combo is what makes them different from MS or Sonys platforms.
#42Phantom19Posted 11/30/2012 1:02:04 PM
Sony Need to rehire the marketing team from the PSONE days. When I was a kid I remember seeing loads of advertisements for the PSONE and various games, they were very odd advertisements at times but it was still advertisements.
#43Yuri_LowelIPosted 11/30/2012 1:06:59 PM(edited)
Yuri_LowelI posted...
Pretty much. I still can't believe how crappy it is. And the price. Also the design of the 3DS, man what the deuce were they thinking.
But yup, they are better at marketing and they have too many fans even if they just keep making the same games exactly the same way.

It's going to take a lot more than "good marketing" to sell that POS. 3DS is a great, but Wii U is garbage. Look at the terrible online system. Games are 50 in the UK. it's obsecenely expensive.

Wanna buy Black Ops 2 on 360 or Wii U? well the wiiU version costs 10 more for no reason

well Tbh i'll get a Wii U when Smash Bros 4 comes out but those 40yr old divorced bored housewives aren't going to buy it like they did with Wii. The tablet is a little bit too big if you know what I mean

is that why it sold 400K in one week?
oh wait you are one of the trolls from the Wii U board.

A Nintendo console sold 400k in 1 week. Must be a landmark achivement.

Cmon. Launch sales are meanignless. Vita did more than that in Japan and look at it now.

Impulse buys from Nintendo fanboys isn't impressive.

Lets see how this thing does in the long run. Already I can tell you one thing, it isn't as "sold out"as wii. I can walkinto my local store right now(UK it just came out today) and buy one if i wanted. they've got the White WiiU consoles in Stock and a load of them. The games are so overpriced here people are staying well clear.

Wii U is garbage right now because

- White Xbox 360 with literally the same Controller. The pro controller is basically the 360 controller but black.
- Overpriced games and console. 400 for the premium. you can buy 2 360's with that or 2 PS3's. And they are both 250GB+ versions of those consoles

Wii U games are average at best. NSMBU is another game inthe rehashed 2D/3Dmario series that fails to liove up to the real masterpiece 3D titles. Zombie U is the biggest flop this year. Terrible sales and average ratings.

Everything else is ports and most inferior ones. Games like Batman and cod have severe issues.

but no you're right. IT's the BEST CONSOLE EVER MADE.
---
http://s19.postimage.org/euz7x7atd/yurilowell.png
#44skyrimer3dPosted 11/30/2012 3:05:02 PM
You bet they are better at marketing.

They keep selling outdated hardware at outrageous prices even 10 years later by just putting a cool gimmick and moustached italian in the cover, and it still works, over and over.

You have to admire them, not even Apple can master that trick.
#45Shinobi120Posted 11/30/2012 8:02:34 PM
FlipManV3 posted...
To be honest, they're both bad at marketing.

Nintendo is just more recognized in the industry. Microsoft is the only one that markets properly, even though I hate the company.

I agree. Nintendo couldn't even properly market the Wii U at all, in which no one even knows what it is or thinks that it's just an upgrade of the Wii.
#46HungoverHero777Posted 11/30/2012 9:32:30 PM
luigi555 posted...
vyseskies posted...
what do you mean by launching the WiiU without a "second" controller? The WiiU have three different kinds of controllers already.

I mean you can only use 1 tablet!

I really love Super Mario games but man do I ever wish Nintendo would just leave the hardware side to Sony and MS and they (Nintendo) would just stick to making games but as long as there are people buying Wii's and DS's Nintendo I guess has no reason to leave (Hardware)!

Didn't they confirm last E3 you can use up to 2 tablets?
---
The Great Mighty Poo sings better than JB. Agree:8 Disagree:0 PM me for your choice.
Official "Co-Pun-isher" of the C2 board. IlThe AR-C Expert II
#47LinkMaster2703Posted 11/30/2012 9:43:01 PM
HungoverHero777 posted...
luigi555 posted...
vyseskies posted...
what do you mean by launching the WiiU without a "second" controller? The WiiU have three different kinds of controllers already.

I mean you can only use 1 tablet!

I really love Super Mario games but man do I ever wish Nintendo would just leave the hardware side to Sony and MS and they (Nintendo) would just stick to making games but as long as there are people buying Wii's and DS's Nintendo I guess has no reason to leave (Hardware)!

Didn't they confirm last E3 you can use up to 2 tablets?

Not at launch.

I don't get why this is such a big deal though, I have a million Wii remotes lying around, I have no problem using those when playing with my friends.
---
Currently Playing: New Super Mario Bros. U (Wii U), Nintendo Land (Wii U), Jet Set Radio (Vita)
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/C_Dalke.png
#48CannondaleBobPosted 11/30/2012 9:43:44 PM
I wouldnt brag about how many units the wii u sold in 1 week. It is a brand new console, nobody had one yet, yet it still got blown away in sales by the Xbox and Ps3 which have bean around forever it seems like.
---
This is how I feel, I don't lie about how I feel so don't try to change my mind, you can still live a long and fruitful life even if you don't like what I say.
#49FlyinTonitePosted 12/1/2012 12:39:30 AM
CannondaleBob posted...
I wouldnt brag about how many units the wii u sold in 1 week. It is a brand new console, nobody had one yet, yet it still got blown away in sales by the Xbox and Ps3 which have bean around forever it seems like.

Older systems outsell new consoles at launch all the time. Plus xbox 360s had great bundle deals, easy to pick up a system with an established library then a more expensive one with a limited selection (for now of course)
---
Apathetic since I don't care when.
i7 3770s @ 3.1ghz, asus gtx 660, gskill ripjaws 8 gb, ASUS|P8B75-V R, ocz 700w psu, 1.5 tb seagate hdd
#50petran78Posted 12/1/2012 4:51:52 AM
In every Champions League game you see a PS3 advertisement on the field.
---
Q.You want so see some other stuff? What Console? A.Console? Q.What platform? A.Uh, Moral Turpitude?
Q.PC it is, then.