the fact that Persona 4 Golden is our top game right now, makes me sad.

#41Yuri_LowelIPosted 11/30/2012 11:15:32 AM
Persona 4 was a great game when I played it on the PS2. Is there really any reason to play it again? To justify my dying system I guess? This system needs good franchise games, or a new ip that blows people away, or it will be dead by next year.

P4 is blowing people away who haven't played the game quite a bit. You act like everyone in the world has played P4 and it sold a billion copies. A lot of people haven't played P4. If you remember correctly it came out when Ps2 was virtually dead and people stopped caring about it.

People need to get this thing out of their heads that a port = not worth buying because it's old. When it's something like a major enhancement and upgraded like P4G is then it's irrelevant whether it's old or not. Being able to play a 70-90 Hour RPG like P4 is a massive deal.

And bottom line is YOU are the reason Vita isn't selling well. That's not saying anything against you. There is reason why this thing isn't doing as well as Sony would hope and it's because consumers(like you) feel like this system doesn't offer the quality you want it to offer.
---
http://s19.postimage.org/euz7x7atd/yurilowell.png
#42MonopomanPosted 11/30/2012 11:16:00 AM
Even the TC says he likes the system, then said it deserves a quick and painless death. That doesn't even make sense.

The only people that truly want it to die a quick and painless death are one of the following.

1.) MS or Nintendo fanboys
2.) Don't own a Vita and want it to die to be able to laugh at all the Vita purchasers.
3.) Trolls

I can't imagine a single person that bought the thing and still owns it that wants it to die. It's like buying a TV and hoping someone breaks it.
#43Yuri_LowelIPosted 11/30/2012 11:25:39 AM(edited)
why the hell would MS fanboys care about what happens to Vita?

I certainly don't want Vita to Fail but if Sony keep going to way they are it will fail. Sony need to get their act together.

And the way this Topic was created..the guy obviously is a CoD fanboy who was desperately upset about how abysmal Cod on Vita was.
---
#44touyamizrahiPosted 11/30/2012 11:38:57 AM
Yuri_LowelI posted...
Persona 4 was a great game when I played it on the PS2. Is there really any reason to play it again? To justify my dying system I guess? This system needs good franchise games, or a new ip that blows people away, or it will be dead by next year.

P4 is blowing people away who haven't played the game quite a bit. You act like everyone in the world has played P4 and it sold a billion copies. A lot of people haven't played P4. If you remember correctly it came out when Ps2 was virtually dead and people stopped caring about it.

People need to get this thing out of their heads that a port = not worth buying because it's old. When it's something like a major enhancement and upgraded like P4G is then it's irrelevant whether it's old or not. Being able to play a 70-90 Hour RPG like P4 is a massive deal.

And bottom line is YOU are the reason Vita isn't selling well. That's not saying anything against you. There is reason why this thing isn't doing as well as Sony would hope and it's because consumers(like you) feel like this system doesn't offer the quality you want it to offer.

Yuri! *waves frantically!*

Also, i agree with your statement. While i own an actual copy of P4 for the PS2, I never actually took the time to sit down and finish it (small spoiler, i only beat the video game dungeon back then), mainly because I had so many games I was trying to play over so many systems with a limited number of hours. Now with the Vita version, i can literally play on the bus on my way to college lol (and yes i do). From what I played of the original, this version is WAY upgraded in just about everything. Heck, i've already logged 40+ hours already <3. People need to stop hating a system for it not having everything they want/dream of from launch day.
---
oh look!!! CUPCAKES!
PSN: KatouKimiko
#45kyncaniPosted 11/30/2012 11:39:28 AM
Yuri_LowelI posted...
And the way this Topic was created..the guy obviously is a CoD fanboy who was desperately upset about how abysmal Cod on Vita was.

Oh it gets even better than that, from http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/61891041
dylanbrandon286 posted...
No, its people like you who ruin the industry by being elitist and telling people what they love to do is wrong.

Please get off your high horse, a lot of people love call of duty...and don't even start with the HURR DURR ONLY 12 YR OLDS AND DOWN SYNDROME bs. I play call of duty, and I am 20 yrs old, in college and have a job on the side. Also, I play a ton of other games in basically every genre and I have been gaming since I was a child. I like call of duty because it is fun to play with friends and I enjoy the engine.

Again, please get off your high horse, its people like you who give gamers a bad name.

Now telling us
the best game we got is a port of a niche ps2 game? Really?!
#46MonopomanPosted 11/30/2012 11:42:11 AM

I certainly don't want Vita to Fail but if Sony keep going to way they are it will fail. Sony need to get their act together.

Perhaps the MS fanboy hates everything not MS so he wants the 3DS and Vita to fail just so he can proclaim MS is amazing for not getting involved with the dead market.

Obviously the MS fanboy is less likely to care because MS is not in this market, but there are a few out there that might care.
#47jakerscythePosted 11/30/2012 11:47:18 AM
Honestly, when you have an uncharted game, a call of duty game and a resistance game on a sony system and the best game we got is a port of a niche ps2 game? Really?!

It was not a niche game on PS2, and it's not a niche game on Vita. Just because you don't personally fall head over heels for the genre doesn't make it niche.
#48Yuri_LowelIPosted 11/30/2012 11:51:52 AM

Perhaps the MS fanboy hates everything not MS so he wants the 3DS and Vita to fail just so he can proclaim MS is amazing for not getting involved with the dead market.

Obviously the MS fanboy is less likely to care because MS is not in this market, but there are a few out there that might care.

I doubt it, purely from an angle of "lol it's funny ot see Sony fail" maybe. And MS is smart for not making a dedicated gaming handheld, that's for sure.
---
#49crawdadPosted 11/30/2012 11:57:30 AM(edited)
NGB/S is one of my most favourite games of all time, and I'm LOVING it on the Vita, but these ports seriously have to stop, or at least not outweigh original titles.

I can't believe anyone in their right mind doesn't think it's sad that PORTS are doing better than original titles.

I'm reading some of these posts and people are DEFENDING it.

yes it's a good game but that doesn't mean the system isn't in a very sorry state of affairs right now. i can't believe the flat out denial and defense thrown at this thing!

It's not going to get better if we keep defending mediocrity.
---
i7 920 @ 2.66GHz | GTX 560ti 1280MB Twin Frozr III 448 Core OC Edition | 6GBDDR3 RAM@ 1333hz | Dell UltraSharp U2410 24-inch |
Gamertag:Gojirra, PSN:Gojirra102
#50alienhamsterPosted 11/30/2012 11:54:22 AM
There shouldn't be a comma in your title.
---
Official Ramza Beoulve & Balthier Bunansa of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy Board.
White: 3654 2756 9294