Wow...memory card prices actually just went up on Amazon

#41CannondaleBobPosted 11/30/2012 9:34:22 PM
I bought a regular non sony 32GB mem card for $12.99 last weekend. Sony's memory cards may be better, but I don't think they are that much better. Memory storage has become much cheaper across the board no matter what type you wanna talk about. Sure people still buy the expensive ones from Sony, but most of those people are probably hard core gamers. Those are the ones that were willing to shell for a Vita. If Sony hopes to bring in more new system owners and more casual gamers, it is going to be alot harder if they continue to try and use memory cards to make so much profit.

Price them so you can make a reasonable profit like everyone else, and maybe you won't scare away prospective new system owners with sticker shock of buying everything you need to get started.
---
This is how I feel, I don't lie about how I feel so don't try to change my mind, you can still live a long and fruitful life even if you don't like what I say.
#42blitz_0623Posted 11/30/2012 9:45:47 PM(edited)
CannondaleBob posted...
I bought a regular non sony 32GB mem card for $12.99 last weekend. Sony's memory cards may be better, but I don't think they are that much better. Memory storage has become much cheaper across the board no matter what type you wanna talk about. Sure people still buy the expensive ones from Sony, but most of those people are probably hard core gamers. Those are the ones that were willing to shell for a Vita. If Sony hopes to bring in more new system owners and more casual gamers, it is going to be alot harder if they continue to try and use memory cards to make so much profit.

Price them so you can make a reasonable profit like everyone else, and maybe you won't scare away prospective new system owners with sticker shock of buying everything you need to get started.

What are you talking about? As far as I know Sony is the only one who makes memory cards for the Vita.

As for me, I got a 32GB last August on Amazon for $70. Yep you read that right. I'm from Canada if you're wondering that it never went for $70 in Amazon US
#43CannondaleBobPosted 11/30/2012 9:44:49 PM
I am talking about memory card prices in general. Its all the same technology. Yet sony's cost 3 or 4 times as much
---
This is how I feel, I don't lie about how I feel so don't try to change my mind, you can still live a long and fruitful life even if you don't like what I say.
#44CannondaleBobPosted 11/30/2012 9:47:04 PM
I didnt say i bought a 32GB card for the Vita for $12.99. I was giving a example of the price difference between Sony and others.
---
#45vecrynPosted 11/30/2012 9:48:37 PM
Mistere Man posted...
That Earthbound price is ridiculous! (In the very Bad way)

I know many games that are more expensive unfortunately.
#46lanifPosted 11/30/2012 10:28:29 PM
i have a copy of earthbound just the cart though i didn't pay alot for it but that was 5 years ago if not longer
---
Thalia, Guardian of Thraben sometimes she hits me first!!!!
#47NeoAndurilPosted 12/1/2012 12:24:53 AM
$100 memory cards: quite possibly the industry's biggest mistake ever.

These corporations will screw people continually until they finally make a product un-buyable.

I agree, sony has achieved that with the vita.
#48NicoGrimmPosted 12/1/2012 12:30:29 AM
The funny thing is, the crazy memory card prices is why so many people are against buying a Vita right now.
---
'Cause I like you so much better when you're naked! I like me so much better when you're naked!
#49Spetsnaz420Posted 12/1/2012 4:36:58 AM
TheExiled280 posted...
Buying Persona 4 The Golden used this early is a transgression against Atlus. You should feel bad

Who is worse? TC for buying used? Or the dude that sold it after less than 2 weeks?
---
Life is far too short to live for the reactions of others. True happiness is found within...try looking there first.
PSN: Spetsnaz420
#50wartpigXPosted 12/1/2012 4:49:26 AM(edited)
$100 memory cards: quite possibly the industry's biggest mistake ever.

ive had no problems with storage space yet with 8gb. i have the money to get the 32gb but i will not pay that price for it. simply dont download and store everything on psn. i only get psp, ps1 games as digital. if i can have a hard copy im going get that.
they just drove away a potential digital download customer
---
PSN- WartPigX
Karma is just fun money