I honestly thought DOA5 was the worst one.

#1Bayonetta_Posted 12/1/2012 1:42:57 PM
As a DOA fanboy I wish they gave us DOA3 or DOAU. Thanks to the new dev Hayashi DOA5 had a childish horrible story, Insane cheating A.I that was worse than DOA4, Very generic boring stages and you had to pay for all the old costumes that should had been in the older games. If you wanted to unlock the rare Bikinis you had to Beat Legend's cheating A.I without losing for both Arcade and Time mode. For Lisa's you had to beat survival mode on legend but first beat hard, very hard and master. DOA5 is extremely tedious and will piss you off.

The Online side of things such as character balancing still needs much much work. People need to stop getting hyped over OLED boobs and start focusing on the overall depth of what a fighter has to offer.

(Btw Hayashi removed Team Battle mode. )
#2furygodsPosted 12/1/2012 1:48:26 PM
Bayonetta_ posted...
As a DOA fanboy I wish they gave us DOA3 or DOAU. Thanks to the new dev Hayashi DOA5 had a childish horrible story, Insane cheating A.I that was worse than DOA4, Very generic boring stages and you had to pay for all the old costumes that should had been in the older games. If you wanted to unlock the rare Bikinis you had to Beat Legend's cheating A.I without losing for both Arcade and Time mode. For Lisa's you had to beat survival mode on legend but first beat hard, very hard and master. DOA5 is extremely tedious and will piss you off.

The Online side of things such as character balancing still needs much much work. People need to stop getting hyped over OLED boobs and start focusing on the overall depth of what a fighter has to offer.

Really? What was Team Battle mode?
---
School Days HQ: One of the best animated visual novels ever.
Shiny Days: Mediocre at best but Setsuna is adorable <3
#3chipsNicePosted 12/1/2012 1:48:48 PM
you know i would have to agree with you also as i am not really a big fighting game person but i love the DOA and soul caliber series. I rented DOA5 and just felt that its not as good as the others like something feels off.
---
Currently Playing: Persona 4 golden, Halo 4
Waiting For: Far Cry 3, Bioshock: Infinite, GTA: V
#4A_Nonny_MoosePosted 12/1/2012 1:58:13 PM
DOA4 was the worst one.
---
http://i.imgur.com/QB2km.png
#5Bayonetta_(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 2:09:19 PM
furygods posted...
Bayonetta_ posted...

Really? What was Team Battle mode?

Back in the old days Team Battle meant you and your buddies could have a 5 vs 5 team against each other. So if I wanted I could have 5 Helena's against some other dudes group.
#6GhetsisPosted 12/1/2012 3:10:13 PM
Bayonetta_ posted...
Insane cheating A.I that was worse than DOA4

Is that even possible?
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#7RetroFanGirlPosted 12/1/2012 3:11:57 PM
Ghetsis posted...
Bayonetta_ posted...
Insane cheating A.I that was worse than DOA4

Is that even possible?

Apparently so, the AI is terrible.
---
"I don't care if you're not legal yet <3"
~CaPwnD
#8skyrimer3dPosted 12/1/2012 3:28:06 PM
Come on DOA1 and DOA2 were terrible, they were a joke for 3d fighters by then: I liked DOA4 though, it was my first fighter online with DOA3 on xbox1, and played it a lot.

DOA5 AI is super cheap on max difficulty, and that only matters if you're trying to unlock bikinis and what not, not my kind of stuff, and right now you can purchase them if you want them so much.

DOA5 on a technical level is the best DOA by far, it has now lots of depth, the counter system is quite balanced so that you cannot abuse it so much like past DOAs (DOA4 was super cheap with counters), it's not up to tekken or vf5 level but it's now a respectable fighter, even the training mode shows the frames for every move, that's pure gold for fighting game fans.

Boring stages? It has some of the best stages by far! I love the war zone stage for example, they are really good to me, really dynamic, and the graphics on DOA5 are a million times better than past DOAs, I could say graphically is the best 3d fighter ever done, TTT2 looks ugly in comparison.

Overall, as a fighting games fan, what matter to me is that they are giving us the latest and most updated version of the game where all the best players are right now, all the best strategies, combos, etc. You can check the streams here http://www.eventhubs.com/streams/ and see amazing players fighting with this game, IGN Pro league is going to sponsor this game with lots of prizes, not old DOA relics and that's what matters to me, so I'm glad it's DOA5 that is coming to Vita.