If I switch between memory cards will Vita reformat them every time?

#1iTossSaladsPosted 12/1/2012 5:34:33 PM
Going to buy a larger memory card but I'd like to keep my PS1 games on my 4GB card and use the 16GB one I'm buying for full Vita games and PS+ stuff. Would that work or would the system reformat the card every time I swap one out for the other?
#2SaijeXPosted 12/1/2012 6:00:18 PM
Nope. I have two 4gb that I switch between all the time.
---
PSN - Ahab00
Steam - Saije
#3RotuhiiriPosted 12/1/2012 6:01:38 PM
You only need to reformat if the card is registered to a different account than your Vita is.
---
The only game the PSP and Vita needs in America: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-glxPmxMDY
#4Vs1991Posted 12/1/2012 6:01:49 PM
it only reformats if the card has been used with a different psn account
#5iTossSalads(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 6:10:36 PM
Oh that's good news. Thanks!
#6NicoGrimmPosted 12/1/2012 6:27:18 PM
You only need to reformat if the card is registered to a different account than your Vita is.

Wait sorry. Does that mean I can't have 2 cards with different accounts?
I was kinda hoping I could have multiple accounts on my Vita, but liek an account per card.
---
'Cause I like you so much better when you're naked! I like me so much better when you're naked!
#7RotuhiiriPosted 12/1/2012 6:30:22 PM
NicoGrimm posted...

Wait sorry. Does that mean I can't have 2 cards with different accounts?
I was kinda hoping I could have multiple accounts on my Vita, but liek an account per card.

You can switch accounts on your Vita through a factory reset. You will have to do that every time you switch cards though if you want to use the cards without reformatting.

Takes a few minutes and you lose some settings in the process. Perfectly doable though.
---
The only game the PSP and Vita needs in America: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-glxPmxMDY