Phantasy Star Portable 2...

#21mrivera889Posted 12/2/2012 1:29:01 PM
There are a small few who got it on vita from download history before it was gone. It works great with the two sticks! Mwahahahah I love it.

The game only works in the EU but the US & Japan can't get it to run on the PS Vita even if we have the game on our download history.
---
[=[3DS]=] (+.[VITA].::)
[o+[__].::]
#22FoBiAPosted 12/2/2012 1:35:05 PM
Aceallways posted...
There are a small few who got it on vita from download history before it was gone. It works great with the two sticks! Mwahahahah I love it.

Um, no there aren't. I have it in my download history and backed up on my PS3 as well. That's not what matters or is stopping us. It's just flat out not compatible with the Vita.
---
"So who is FoBiA, really?" - CJayC
#23AceallwaysPosted 12/2/2012 1:59:46 PM
FoBiA posted...
Aceallways posted...

Um, no there aren't. I have it in my download history and backed up on my PS3 as well. That's not what matters or is stopping us. It's just flat out not compatible with the Vita.

It does not work NOW, but did when the Vita first came out. I have it on my Vita if you don't believe me...
#24TheHammyPosted 12/5/2012 9:42:55 PM
It's damn ridiculous. There's no reason not to have it on the vita. I've also personally begged sega to bring it back. I'd gladly pay full price to have dual sticks with that game.
#25MoegittoPosted 12/5/2012 9:55:34 PM
The ONLY reason why you can't get it is because Sega dropped digital support for the game. So it's not available on the PSN for PSP or Vita. That is the MAIN problem I have with digital sales, if a company wants to they can just stop supporting the product and we'll lose it forever.
---
Everyone on GameFaqs pretty much is a troll. This site honestly has the WORST user base I have ever seen. -Tuggboat1121
#26FoBiAPosted 12/5/2012 10:13:57 PM
Again, IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SEGA PULLING IT FROM PSN OR DIGITAL THIS AND THAT. It is just entirely not compatible with the Vita. Period.

On the PSU forums (sega's site) the admins have made this point perfectly clear. Those of us with PSPgo's who purchased the game on PSN long ago STILL have it on our history and can still download it and transfer it between systems (psp, ps3, and even vita) but it is only playable on a PSP. It doesn't matter if it is on PSN still or not, it's simply NOT COMPATIBLE.
---
"So who is FoBiA, really?" - CJayC
#27XylymphydytePosted 12/6/2012 1:00:40 AM(edited)
Again, IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SEGA PULLING IT FROM PSN OR DIGITAL THIS AND THAT. It is just entirely not compatible with the Vita. Period.

On the PSU forums (sega's site) the admins have made this point perfectly clear. Those of us with PSPgo's who purchased the game on PSN long ago STILL have it on our history and can still download it and transfer it between systems (psp, ps3, and even vita) but it is only playable on a PSP. It doesn't matter if it is on PSN still or not, it's simply NOT COMPATIBLE.

Tell this to the people in Europe who got it on their Vitas before it was disabled. The compatibility excuse is absolute BS.

The general consensus is that either Sega's dropping active support made Sony drop it from the store 'just in case' of an exploit, or it already has a known exploit for affecting the PSP firmware on the Vita.

I've contacted Sega's help numerous times about it now and they always pull the "it hasn't been tested" or "It's incompatible" routine. If you then point out that there are many people in Europe who got it onto their Vita's before it got locked out who can still play it today and they'll switch to "Sega cannot comment on why or why not software is or isn't available in any given region." or something.
#28kingofall214Posted 12/6/2012 1:12:51 AM
Xylymphydyte posted...
I keep hammering Sega's inbox and customer service about it every few weeks, just to make sure they know I'm watching them. I also send them this image

http://i.imgur.com/ZVUEs.jpg

I've gotten a number of canned responses, I had a response from a Nico B who claimed it hasn't been ported to Vita yet, to which I pointed out that it's not even available for PSP anymore. I also asked him if he wanted to go bowling.

If we just keep on them HOPEFULLY they'll get the idea.

I lol'd at first i thought you were serious and was going to say something.
#29TheLibrarianPosted 12/6/2012 1:25:22 AM
It's apparently not compatible because they intentionally disabled it, not for a real technical reason. Apparently, they think the best way to prevent piracy is to make it impossible to buy it legitimately.