Persona 4 Golden

#11darkdragongirlPosted 12/2/2012 9:21:45 PM
You're asking for a fight.

Anyway, P4 was one of my favorite PS2 RPGs, and at the time it was a little refreshing. I think P3 has a better story though.

And, I am awaiting my P4SGE hopefully by Thursday.

I recommend getting Breath of Fire IV. Pretty good RPG, PS1.

I never owned a PSP, so I am unsure on recommending their RPGs.
---
Playing: Halo 4; Ragnarok Odyssey; Gravity Rush
#12JulesNeciPosted 12/2/2012 9:24:09 PM
I agree with TC that this game isn't for everyone. I do enjoy P4G a lot, but I wouldn't recommend it to die hard FPS or action fans, because it can get rather long. For an RPG fan like myself, this game is awesome

However, I can't believe people are complaining about repetition in video games. There's always gotta be a unifying theme, and you follow it through out the entire game. Close your eyes and try to think of the next COD or Assassin's Creed. No matter what popped up in your head, I'm pretty sure it's damn close to the real deal. You shoot people in COD. You sneak behind people back and cut their throats, or climb on walls and walk on rooftops in AC. Or, to be more liberal, think Mario or Pokemon. You jump on top of little mushrooms and try to find gold coins in Mario. You're a kid with no dad and a nice mom, who meets up with a professor and gets your 1st Pokemon. You then set out on your adventure over the region, battling gym leaders and defeating the bad guys. It's always been like that for a reason: Because the games have their own recipes, and they work.

And here we have Persona. You move to a new town, make new friends and solve mysteries. In the morning you go to school. In the afternoon, you can either participate in club activities, hang out with your friends or save people's lives. In order to save their life, you have to beat their dungeon. At night, you either study, read a book, eat at Aiya's, or hang out with more friends. What's that again? Right, a recipe. A recipe that every game follows, BECAUSE IT WORKS FOR THEM.

Next time when you start complaining about repetition in a game, start asking yourself what would the game be like without such recipe? Because there wouldn't be any game.
#13rocklobtserPosted 12/2/2012 9:27:53 PM
Persona is a reality simulator with RPG elements thrown into it. If you play games to get away from reality, you probably wont like Persona.
---
http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/3301/dc909217f6c3033f5b6ce5d.png
#14carsauce(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 9:30:46 PM
carsauce posted...
No it is for everyone stop trolling.
Reported.

Trolling? I'm saying not everyone will enjoy this type of game. and expect this game to be for them.

Why so serious?

Because these days these forums are serious-.- they mod alot of people who say such things, I blame the website, not you.
---
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous
#15AstralFrostPosted 12/2/2012 9:32:12 PM
carsauce posted...
Because these days these forums are serious-.- they mod alot of people who say such things, I blame the website, not you.

Noted. I was joking, for the record. I thought that would be obvious from the ridiculousness of the comment made but apparently not, so you have my apologies.
#16carsauce(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 9:33:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3ULhmadHkg

The hell did I just watch?
---
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous
#17carsauce(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 9:33:52 PM
carsauce posted...

Noted. I was joking, for the record. I thought that would be obvious from the ridiculousness of the comment made but apparently not, so you have my apologies.

Ok ..ok ..It's all good lol
---
#18nintend0Fan46Posted 12/2/2012 9:40:53 PM
Heavysack posted...
Its the highest rated game of the year.
http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/90day/all?sort=desc&view=condensed

Uhhh... There's a game above it.
---
FGoAT Abbreviated: OoT, LttP, MM, EB, TF2, DE:HR, SSBB, SMG2, CoH, KNiD, SMW2:YI, P2, MK:DD, PW:AA, SC:CT, BK, L4D2, MP5, KI:U, MPT, 007:EoN, SC2, PM:TTYD...
#19carsauce(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 9:41:16 PM
I agree with TC that this game isn't for everyone. I do enjoy P4G a lot, but I wouldn't recommend it to die hard FPS or action fans, because it can get rather long. For an RPG fan like myself, this game is awesome

However, I can't believe people are complaining about repetition in video games. There's always gotta be a unifying theme, and you follow it through out the entire game. Close your eyes and try to think of the next COD or Assassin's Creed. No matter what popped up in your head, I'm pretty sure it's damn close to the real deal. You shoot people in COD. You sneak behind people back and cut their throats, or climb on walls and walk on rooftops in AC. Or, to be more liberal, think Mario or Pokemon. You jump on top of little mushrooms and try to find gold coins in Mario. You're a kid with no dad and a nice mom, who meets up with a professor and gets your 1st Pokemon. You then set out on your adventure over the region, battling gym leaders and defeating the bad guys. It's always been like that for a reason: Because the games have their own recipes, and they work.

And here we have Persona. You move to a new town, make new friends and solve mysteries. In the morning you go to school. In the afternoon, you can either participate in club activities, hang out with your friends or save people's lives. In order to save their life, you have to beat their dungeon. At night, you either study, read a book, eat at Aiya's, or hang out with more friends. What's that again? Right, a recipe. A recipe that every game follows, BECAUSE IT WORKS FOR THEM.

Next time when you start complaining about repetition in a game, start asking yourself what would the game be like without such recipe? Because there wouldn't be any game.

I dont understand that as well, because of every game is repetition, especially RPGs when you grind and stuff, so really I don't complain about that, otherwise this game is really great and yes it is a simulator of fantasy and with it as portable , It's really more of a joyable experience.
---
#20ServantOfErieosPosted 12/2/2012 9:45:39 PM
I completely agree with people, saying this game isn't right for everyone to a certain degree as I wouldn't give up on your typical FPS shooter gamer. Why? everyone likes a good story and everyone likes a good game. though, I'll admit grinding in dungeons might become an issue for them, where seasoned JRPG fans wouldn't mind, though there are lower difficulties to help beginners and newcomers to this.
---
Lord Erieos is coming...