Any good shmups on PS1, PSP, etc?

#1DsvkbPosted 12/3/2012 4:37:40 PM
I know Japan's PSN has Don Don Pachi and other games, but I was curious if the US PSN has anything worth checking out?
#2MwarriorHieiPosted 12/3/2012 6:45:24 PM
i believe the US store has mobile light force. i think sine mora is also on the vita.
---
o.o
#3ICO_KIDPosted 12/3/2012 7:27:24 PM(edited)
PS1:

Arcade Hits: Shienryu
Choaniki: Kyuukyoku Muteki Ginga Saikyou Otoko
Dezaemon
GaiaSeed: Project Seed Trap
Mobile Light Force
Sonic Wings Special
Zanac X Zanac

PSP:

Capcom Classics Collection Reloaded (1942, 1943 Kai, 1943: The Battle of Midway, Gun.Smoke, Vulgus)
Capcom Classics Collection Remixed (1941: Counter Attack, Side Arms, Three Wonders, Varth)
Cho Aniki Zero
Gradius Collection
NeoGeo Heroes: Ultimate Shooting
Platypus
SNK Arcade Classics Vol. 1 (Last Resort)

TurboGrafx-16:

Soldier Blade
Super Star Soldier

VITA:

Sine Mora

I highly recommend Gradius Collection, Zanac x Zanac, Shienryu, Gaiaseed, Sonic Wings, Soldier Blade, Super Star Soldier and both Capcom Compilations and the SNK Arcade Classics.

Dezaemon, NeoGeo Heroes and Platypus aren't too crash hot and can be safely avoided, Sine Mora despite it's lovely presentation is a mediocre and bland STG, Choaniki is an oddity and nothing more, Choaniki Zero is an abomination and Mobile Light Force is perhaps the worst localisation job ever in the history of video games.

R-Type Delta, R-Types & Kyuin were all on PSN at one point but no longer anymore, which is a shame

oh and it should be noted that PS1 games come with a slight amount of input lag, not a big deal really and the average person probably won't notice it at all but it is indeed present and worth mentioning.
-
---
"Goodbye's too good a word, babe. So I'll just say fare thee well" Bob Dylan
#4ManjiMidouPosted 12/3/2012 7:29:15 PM
Sine Mora needs a goddamn normal mode on arcade and score attack mode!!!
#5Dsvkb(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 7:39:05 PM
Wow, much more than I expected! Thanks a lot, my wallet does not thank you though haha
#6Freelance_WolfPosted 12/3/2012 8:16:50 PM(edited)
I'm pretty sure the TG-16 games are not on US PSN. As a Star Soldier fan, I would've known about it if they were.

I recommend Prehistoric Isle in 1930 as well on the Minis side.

Update: OMG they ARE in the store. When did they come out??? Too bad my fave, Final Soldier, isn't there though. I already have them all on PSP anyway. Dunno if I should buy them again.

---
Max: "I think he just needs a hug, or a sharp blow to the head."
#7YarottPosted 12/3/2012 8:10:12 PM
Get Velocity! You won't regret it!
---
Throughout Internet History, there weren't any Ganons or Zeldas, only Links.
The Official Stiltzkin of all boards