Thinking of trading in my PSP for this...

#1SAMCROftwPosted 12/3/2012 5:37:51 PM
Good idea or not? Is the Vita backwards compatible?
#2TheExiled280Posted 12/3/2012 5:44:03 PM(edited)
Awful idea. Never trade another game system in for anything. it's not worth it and you'd only get crumbs. Jump on one if the $200 Vita deals. There is no normal BC because Vita doesn't have a UMD drive (it's outdated and awful tech anyway) but you can rebuy PSP games on the PSN. Not every PSP game is on the PSN due to lisense issues and other crap.

Whatever you do, don't sell your PSP.
---
Currently Playing: PlayStation All-Stars(PSV), Assassin's Creed Liberation(PSV), Ragnarok Odyssey(PSV), New Little King Story(PSV) & Growlanser WoT(PSP)
#3kewldude475Posted 12/3/2012 5:44:16 PM
TheExiled280 posted...
Awful idea. Never trade another game system in for anything. it's not worth it and you'd only get crumbs. Jump on one if the $200 Vita deals. There is no normal BC because Vita doesn't have a UMD drive (it's outdated and awful tech anyway) but you can rebuy PSP games on the PSN.

Whatever you do, don't sell your PSP

This, and you may find something you like or will miss on PSP. DO NOT sell your PSP. Plus, if it's through GameStop, you really won't get nearly as much as you may think.
---
PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam: kewldude475
Now playing: Persona 4 Golden, Assassin's Creed 2, Resident Evil 6
#4Phil_E_BluntPosted 12/3/2012 5:49:18 PM
It all depends really.
Are most of your games on umd or digital?
Most of mine are digital. If yours are too, then yeah...
Unless you have games that are not available through PSN.
I got my Vita on a great black Friday sale. I
still have my PSP, although I was going to trade it in for the Vita.

If I were you, I'd wait for a sale that I couldn't afford not to buy.
---
"I'm a Mog, half man, half dog.
I'm my own best friend." Spaceballs
#5snakeyes01Posted 12/3/2012 5:49:38 PM
listen to them i traded in my old psp at game stop to get a vita and they only gave me 25 dam dollars
---
3ds fc 5112-4351-8572 / GT yunrocks vita psn Biggielil23 " I don't have no fear of death. My only fear is coming back reincarnated."
#6gkargreenPosted 12/3/2012 5:53:57 PM
that is a real toss-up, yes, GS will not give you anything for your PSP, but if you bundle it with some games and/or UMDs you may be able to get up to $100 on ebay, that is what I did for one of my PSPs. The problem is that once you get a vita, you will be so gob-smacked by its quality and control over the PSP that you many not use the PSP much at all, at least that is what I have felt. That said, I still have a white 2000 SW edition with about 2-3 dozen games that I have held onto, but they are just gathering dust at this point....
#7AFP88Posted 12/3/2012 6:06:07 PM
my psp was stolen in a home burglary and i miss it even though i have a vita. I've been looking on ebay and amazon for a good deal on a PSP just so I can have it again to play the few games i know i can play over and over again.

long story short, keep your PSP!
#8ChemicalBurritoPosted 12/3/2012 6:08:41 PM
SAMCROftw posted...
Good idea or not? Is the Vita backwards compatible?

The Vita is backwards compatible with:
- some PS1 games purchased from PSN
- some (digital, not UMD) PSP games purchased from PSN
- some PSP Minis

Still, it's not usually a good idea to trade in an old system, as you'll get basically no money for it. And if there are some games you still enjoy on the PSP, you might not be able to move them to the Vita (or it'd cost more than what you'd get for trading in the PSP).

Buy a Vita if you like, but buy it based on Vita games you might want.

... and you really should have made this decision on Black Friday and gotten the Amazon bundle.
---
My game collection: http://chemicalburrito.com
Now: Tales of Graces f (PS3), P4G (PSV), Star Ocean 2E (PSP)
#9XeedragonPosted 12/3/2012 6:09:00 PM
AFP88 posted...
my psp was stolen in a home burglary and i miss it even though i have a vita. I've been looking on ebay and amazon for a good deal on a PSP just so I can have it again to play the few games i know i can play over and over again.

long story short, keep your PSP!

Oh, someone snuck into your carboard box and stole the PSP you probably grabbed out of some kid's hands on the subway? Good, I hate moochers.
#10ChemicalBurritoPosted 12/3/2012 6:11:56 PM
gkargreen posted...
The problem is that once you get a vita, you will be so gob-smacked by its quality and control over the PSP that you many not use the PSP much at all, at least that is what I have felt.

That was pretty funny.
---
My game collection: http://chemicalburrito.com
Now: Tales of Graces f (PS3), P4G (PSV), Star Ocean 2E (PSP)