With all of the new updates the Vita is slowly becoming AWESOME...but.....

#1Multiboy2kPosted 12/3/2012 9:58:54 PM
It still needs these:

1. Calendar App with daily input that can be typed in per day.
2. A .pdf, .txt, .html Reader app that will let me open , store, and read my own files.
3. A nice little calculator app. (yes it's on your phone, but the point is to leave some of that stuff at home already!)
4. A nice little NOTES App. Just like the one on the ipad. The ability to jot down ideas keeps the creative juices flowing. Nintendo learned this many years ago.
5. A dedicated Sound Recorder using the Vita mic and headset mic. (this was a no-brainer)
6. A reader app for my own .txt and .pdf files (Did I say this already? Yup. It must be that important.)
7. and last, a reader app......

See?
The more Sony makes the Vita into a small hardcore gaming 'tablet', the more successful this machine will become. The proof is in the new updates to the YouTube App. The Vita may very well have the best version of youtube featured than any other device so far. They are trying to sell this device to ADULTS. Adults have greater needs than just playing games all day. We like to read, write, get the news, create and share ideas, AND play games!
#2darkdragongirlPosted 12/3/2012 10:04:27 PM(edited)
Why would I leave my phone at home?

Edit: if this console is aimed for adults then the adult better be able to afford a decent tablet/phone/laptop or all three. I like having YouTube on my vita, but I always have my phone on hand (and it is a Sam GS3 so it has a big screen).

If you want notes, and etc you should of bought a gaming tablet or iPad. Wait those alternatives are too expensive? I thought you were an adult?
---
Playing: Halo 4; Ragnarok Odyssey; PSASBR (I'm bad)
#3finaljayfantasyPosted 12/3/2012 10:11:26 PM
darkdragongirl posted...

Edit: if this console is aimed for adults then the adult better be able to afford a decent tablet/phone/laptop or all three. I like having YouTube on my vita, but I always have my phone on hand (and it is a Sam GS3 so it has a big screen).

If you want notes, and etc you should of bought a gaming tablet or iPad. Wait those alternatives are too expensive? I thought you were an adult?

Not every adult can afford a gaming pc or tablet cuz they are way to expensive so having a Vita do those little things can be a step up for an adult thats also a gamer. We all dont make 500 + dollars a week and have houses of our own, some of us live pay check to pay check and have to wait for a small break in bills to get something that we can enjoy. Think before you speak
---
PSN:death666life, XBL:doublexlgamers, www.youtube.com/doublexlgamers
#4darkdragongirlPosted 12/3/2012 10:20:51 PM
finaljayfantasy posted...
darkdragongirl posted...

Not every adult can afford a gaming pc or tablet cuz they are way to expensive so having a Vita do those little things can be a step up for an adult thats also a gamer. We all dont make 500 + dollars a week and have houses of our own, some of us live pay check to pay check and have to wait for a small break in bills to get something that we can enjoy. Think before you speak

I did. I might of pigeon-holed the word adult though. I'm sorry. I knew what living paycheck to paycheck was like. Anyway, these options are still a bit silly.

I find it hard to imagine someone using a Vita as their day keeper/planner. Not impossible, but difficult.
---
Playing: Halo 4; Ragnarok Odyssey; PSASBR (I'm bad)
#5j2zon2591Posted 12/3/2012 10:29:13 PM
darkdragongirl posted...

Pompous ass FTW! (U still make an OK point though)

@OP

I'd appreciate those :) Even an alarm clock would be awesome :D

If Sony doesn't provide the software, I at least hope that indie devs would make some more of those or similar that you've mentioned.
#6NotCeoPosted 12/3/2012 10:30:53 PM
I'm sorry, but I don't see why I would ever use my Vita for any of the things you listed.

My phone, and just about any modern phone, can do all of those things. And the screen size difference between a Vita and a smartphone isn't that big, while the difference in portability is massive.

I bought my Vita to play games, that's it. I'd rather Sony spend some money advertising the system, or offering publishers some financial incentives for new games and/or marketing.
#7mrivera889Posted 12/3/2012 10:46:57 PM
I bought my Vita to play games, that's it. I'd rather Sony spend some money advertising the system, or offering publishers some financial incentives for new games and/or marketing.

I agree
---
[=[3DS]=] (+.[VITA].::)
[o+[__].::]
#8jaekidd1012Posted 12/3/2012 10:50:58 PM
I'd like to see different web browsers for the Vita, such as a version of Chrome or Opera Mobile, for example. Also, an RSS feed reader would be nice, too.

True, all of these things and more are available on our phones but if I could use my Vita for these things that would mean that my phone and it's battery get a break, therefore lasting me longer.

But hey, this is just my opinion.
---
PSN: Th3_L3G3ND_718
Proud PS Vita owner. Looking for PS Vita friends? Add me
#9DemonDog666Posted 12/3/2012 11:40:30 PM
Vita doesn't need a calender, notepad or calculator app, actually maybe calculator because that could be useful in some games but those 3 should be very low priority and just left to some random person via pssuite.

A dedicated reader app is something it could really benefit from, it's more comfortable to hold and scroll then a tablet and bigger then a phone so easier to read off of. The voice record it should have but I don't see it as a priority either, I don't see it being used much
#10skyrimer3dPosted 12/4/2012 12:06:30 AM
My eyes!! an intelligent post!!! fire the torches, grab the pitchforks, burn'im! lol

Couldn't agree more, one of the few things I miss on the VIta from the 3ds is the notes app, when you play fighting games a lot sometimes you want to remind you to try this or that or check X combo, it should be really easy and I don't get why there's nothing like that. Also reader would be great with VIta godly screen.