With all of the new updates the Vita is slowly becoming AWESOME...but.....

#11XMonkeySniperXPosted 12/4/2012 12:28:06 AM
/shrug I bought the Vita to play games, not to do all that extraneous stuff.
---
PSN: MasamuneMonkey
"I'm the warrior of love and rage, Black Frost!"
#12PincheCriaPosted 12/4/2012 12:56:11 AM
I bought my Vita to play Vita Games, not to watch Youtube videos, browse the Internet, or email. Sony may as well remove those stupid apps, the Vita is for games not mobile apps. If apps is what you want then get a mobile phone you trolls. Vita is Vitawesome.
#13IChangedMyNamePosted 12/4/2012 1:06:59 AM
PincheCria posted...
I bought my Vita to play Vita Games, not to watch Youtube videos, browse the Internet, or email. Sony may as well remove those stupid apps, the Vita is for games not mobile apps. If apps is what you want then get a mobile phone you trolls. Vita is Vitawesome.

I really do hate this statement, as if Sony only intended for the Vita to only do Vita games right?
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#14Kyoshiro12345Posted 12/4/2012 1:10:19 AM
but, but the japanese psn store has all those free apps, you just need to let sony of america know that those are worth translating
---
Screenshot it or it didnt happen.
#15jaekidd1012Posted 12/4/2012 6:10:54 AM
PincheCria posted...

Wow, really? >_>

If you don't like the apps you can simply...oh, I don't know, not download or use those apps on your Vita! The day of 100% dedicated devices are behind us. It's all about convergence these days and that's the point of this thread or would you prefer the Vita stripped of ALL non-gaming functions?
---
PSN: Th3_L3G3ND_718
Proud PS Vita owner. Looking for PS Vita friends? Add me
#16darkdragongirlPosted 12/4/2012 6:36:48 AM
Not to further be the pompous poster of the board (>_<), but how many places do you need evernote (anynote) or various other apps of this nature on? Unless they synced like iOS or any other Cloud, it seems meh.

Personally I'd feel weird telling someone to hold on while I enter an appointment into my vita-calendar.
---
Playing: Halo 4; Ragnarok Odyssey; PSASBR (I'm bad)
#17TheExiled280Posted 12/4/2012 6:37:53 AM
some of that is stuff the doesn't need but it would be nice to have
---
New Little King Story English Trailer:
http://youtu.be/6Ce9c0wH3UE
#18TheExiled280Posted 12/4/2012 6:39:53 AM
I bought my Vita to play games, that's it. I'd rather Sony spend some money advertising the system, or offering publishers some financial incentives for new games and/or marketing.

I agree

I concur. A Gaming Calendar (Tracks game release dates and streams trailers) would be nice but that other stuff isn't really necessary
---
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
~C.S. Lewis
#19manobonPosted 12/4/2012 6:40:41 AM
TheExiled280 posted...
some of that is stuff the doesn't need but it would be nice to have

Exactly! I would love all those apps (and more) because I don't want to Have to buy another device (a tablet), or drain my phone's battery to use it for everything But a phone.

And, as other posters have mentioned, if anyone doesn't want those apps, they don't have to download them! Everyone wins.
#20SieKensouPosted 12/4/2012 6:45:09 AM
sony does have a reader app... only for jp
---
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462