played rayman origins for the first time way better than any mario since super

#1ArevinPosted 12/3/2012 11:31:22 PM
Rayman has better animations, art, graphics, design, detail, sound, you name it. The Mario series is so stagnant I don't know why people don't like Rayman more.
---
i5-2500k OC 4.5GHz@1.22v || Asus P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3 || Intel 80 GB SSD || F3 1 TB HDD || Corsair 8GB || MSI GTX 580 Lightning || 1050W || HAF X || Hyper 212+
#2carsaucePosted 12/3/2012 11:32:03 PM
It;s really well done for a portable version.
---
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous
#3fEARtHEgOOCHPosted 12/4/2012 12:02:08 AM
It's all about name recognition. A large amount of gamers grew up with Mario, and just having the game around introduces younger people to it... I know from firsthand experience with my Wii and SMB. I also think that Raving Rabbids was the first taste of Rayman for A LOT of people, and given the lack of popularity as a whole, the series is overlooked.
---
Currently Playing: League of Legends
#4skyrimer3dPosted 12/4/2012 12:10:56 AM(edited)
I've said it already a million times, Rayman Origins is one the best games nobody has played. I was blown away when I played it on my Vita. Like you said it has everything, even the credits ending is brilliant, best 2d platformer I've played since probably Snes Super Mario World, it's truly a masterpiece and EVERYONE (yeah I'm looking at you, what are you waiting for, go get it!) should play it.
#5SplatterHouse55Posted 12/4/2012 12:16:08 AM
fEARtHEgOOCH posted...
It's all about name recognition. A large amount of gamers grew up with Mario, and just having the game around introduces younger people to it... I know from firsthand experience with my Wii and SMB. I also think that Raving Rabbids was the first taste of Rayman for A LOT of people, and given the lack of popularity as a whole, the series is overlooked.

This...

I bought it for the 360 last year and felt that it was the best 2D platformer I've played since the genre's heyday in the early to mid-90s. It's certainly a series on the rise.
#6MegaMettaurPosted 12/4/2012 1:35:08 AM
Arevin posted...
Rayman has better animations, art, graphics, design, detail, sound, you name it. The Mario series is so stagnant I don't know why people don't like Rayman more.

Rayman has always bored me, since the very first game. I did play the Wii U demo, but I'd rather just play a mario game.
---
Now Playing (VITA): Ragnarok Oddysey, DJ Max Technika Tune (soon) PSN: Roksor.
Now Playing (PC): TalonRO
#7AstralFrostPosted 12/4/2012 1:38:08 AM
To be perfectly honest I don't care about Rayman in the slightest. Bought Rayman Origins on special and yeah, its REALLY awesome. Totally floors Mario and makes it look like the kiddy game it really is. Rayman Origins is really fun with a lot of complex levels and unlockables. Mario on the other hand, well... my nine year old cousin finished the Wii U one so...
#8skyrimer3dPosted 12/4/2012 2:13:08 AM
AstralFrost posted...
To be perfectly honest I don't care about Rayman in the slightest. Bought Rayman Origins on special and yeah, its REALLY awesome. Totally floors Mario and makes it look like the kiddy game it really is. Rayman Origins is really fun with a lot of complex levels and unlockables. Mario on the other hand, well... my nine year old cousin finished the Wii U one so...

Best thing about Rayman Origins is that it totally nails the difficulty and learning curve, where Super Mario 3d land for example was stupidly easy for 80% of the game, and then it could get really frustrating near the end.
#9Kevin_OSPosted 12/4/2012 3:28:15 AM
I think the Vita version is the best one too just because you can pop the bubbles that are floating away from you with the touchscreen which is very handy and it also looks good on the small screen. Really great game, first one I platinumed.
#10Starwars4JPosted 12/4/2012 4:43:24 AM
Lot of reassurance going on in here. No one can just enjoy what they have, they need to bash something else to make what they have seem better. Very sad, really.

RO was a good game. No, not as good as most Mario games and the community has shown this. But that doesn't make it bad. I might pick up the exclusive sequel on the Wii U at some point from the bargain bin though.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade