After the 2.01 update...

#1defunct32Posted 12/4/2012 5:39:25 AM
Just updated my Vita I noticed the virtual keyboard is a little less responsive, it didn't have that quick light tapping it used to have, especiall the space bar.
#2IhavealotofspacPosted 12/4/2012 6:18:25 AM
are you saying you have to press harder
#3wartpigXPosted 12/4/2012 7:28:43 AM
its been bad. i even have had it randomly open links too.
but its since the 2.0
press the letter it pops up and makes the noise but dosnt type it. almost impossable to move the curser when posting here too. if i mssed a letter i have to back space to it and then sometimes it will snap back to the last word typed when i type again
---
PSN- WartPigX
Karma is just fun money
#4jaekidd1012Posted 12/4/2012 7:34:25 AM
My on-screen keyboard never had lightning-quick responsiveness.
---
PSN: Th3_L3G3ND_718
Proud PS Vita owner. Looking for PS Vita friends? Add me
#5defunct32(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 9:26:58 AM
Oh trust me, prior to 2.01, the responsiveness and light tapping on the virtual keyboard was heaven, I tell you, I do make the occasional mistake but it's rare and I don't have to actually have to tap too hard for the Vita to register but this time after the 2.01 update it feels like the Virtual Keyboard is:

- Lagging
- Need to tap a bit harder
- Space bar have issues
- More mistakes

I dunno, I tried wiping my screen w/ the microfiber cloth that I have but it's not improving much. The fact that I noticed these minor issues goes to show how much I enjoyed using the virtual keyboard before 2.01, now not so much. :\
#6Meta_BitPosted 12/4/2012 9:47:08 AM
Mine still feels the same and is pretty snappy. I was using it for the browser. Not sure if it matters what application you use it with.
---
---
#7Semi45aPosted 12/4/2012 9:48:08 AM
thats why I didnt update.
---
The only Vita games really worth getting: Gravity Rush & P4G
Being unable to detect sarcasm and lies might be an early way to catch dementia
#8defunct32(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 9:53:49 AM(edited)
wartpigX posted...
its been bad. i even have had it randomly open links too.
but its since the 2.0
press the letter it pops up and makes the noise but dosnt type it. almost impossable to move the curser when posting here too. if i mssed a letter i have to back space to it and then sometimes it will snap back to the last word typed when i type again

The Vita for me didn't do any weird things like opening links at random but my apps crashes more, like the ever-so-useless FB app which I use sometimes, Email (I dunno why I even bother with this crap), and sometimes more often than not the Web Browser app.

Meta_Bit posted...
Mine still feels the same and is pretty snappy. I was using it for the browser. Not sure if it matters what application you use it with.

It doesn't matter where you use it as long as it's a virtual keyboard it has issues as I've stated above. :\

Semi45a posted...
thats why I didnt update.

I thought the update was mandatory otherwise certain features can't be used?
#9zzamaroPosted 12/4/2012 10:05:47 AM
Meta_Bit posted...

Same here.
---
[This signature was deleted at the request of the La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo.]
#10A_Nonny_MoosePosted 12/4/2012 10:10:06 AM
2.01 fixed the save file auto-upload for Plus members, thankfully.
---
http://i.imgur.com/QB2km.png