The bubbles.

#1FF_FiendPosted 12/4/2012 8:18:05 AM
First, let me state that I've had my Vita since launch and I love it. Started off as a dust collector, but now that I'm building my collection, it's a gorgeous piece of hardware. One thing, however, is annoying me so much that it's almost making the product unusable for me.

So what's with the UI that tries way too hard to be an apple product? You know why game icons work on an iPad and not on a Vita? Because you actually have the apps installed on the iPad. As opposed to the the game icons on Vita, which when opened don't actually let you play the game without the card. So what's the point of having the icon at all? Why not just one "game" icon like every modern console?

I'm just thinking that the more games I get, the more pages of icons I'll have to tear through to find what I want. I'm also a bit anal in that I like my games alphabetized. And if you've ever tried to rearrange icons before, you know there's only a "swap" system for moving them and no way to efficiently arrange them.

I know, it's a silly complaint and only affects someone as OCD as I am. But I haven't seen many complaints about it on the forum, I'm guessing because not many people have enough vita games already to make it a distraction.
---
Playing: LEGO LOTR, Epic Mickey 2, Pushmo, Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Playstation All-Stars: Battle Royale
#2TheExiled280Posted 12/4/2012 8:20:06 AM
new and interesting topic
---
God Eater 2 Trailer:
http://youtu.be/KKm_TC53Cvs
#3SkittyOnWailordPosted 12/4/2012 8:21:50 AM
TheExiled280 posted...

This. Oh wait.
---
I'm here! I'm furry! I'll try not to shed! =^_^=
#4FF_Fiend(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 8:22:44 AM
TheExiled280 posted...

Sarcasm noted, but I really don't see many complaints about this - I was just wondering not only if it bothered anyone else, but if someone out there found some sort of interesting work-around to solve the problem.

No matter how Sony fanboy you are (and again, I am), you can't defend this interface. Next you'll be saying how slick Windows 8 is.
---
Playing: LEGO LOTR, Epic Mickey 2, Pushmo, Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Playstation All-Stars: Battle Royale
#5MegaMettaurPosted 12/4/2012 8:23:17 AM
The worst part is when you buy a new memory card or have to rebuild database because if a fail.
---
Now Playing (VITA): Ragnarok Oddysey, DJ Max Technika Tune (soon) PSN: Roksor.
Now Playing (PC): TalonRO
#6TheExiled280Posted 12/4/2012 8:26:02 AM(edited)
TheExiled280 posted...

Sarcasm noted, but I really don't see many complaints about this - I was just wondering not only if it bothered anyone else, but if someone out there found some sort of interesting work-around to solve the problem.

No matter how Sony fanboy you are (and again, I am), you can't defend this interface. Next you'll be saying how slick Windows 8 is.

You sure you're a launch owner? The first 3 months of release was nothing but whining. I personally like having a UI different from my iPad and phone
---
New Little King Story English Trailer:
http://youtu.be/6Ce9c0wH3UE
#7GodMWOLFPosted 12/4/2012 8:24:58 AM
MegaMettaur posted...
The worst part is when you buy a new memory card or have to rebuild database because if a fail.

This is the only thing that actually bothers me.I could care less about the bubbles
---
Official Hardcore Risette Fan
TUTURUU Oh Okarin. Psn:mwolfizcool
#8TheExiled280Posted 12/4/2012 8:26:19 AM
MegaMettaur posted...

This is the only thing that actually bothers me.I could care less about the bubbles

Agreed
---
Gravity Rush English Trailers:
http://youtu.be/5Q-p-41_V4Y // http://youtu.be/n8vSuWNQwUE
#9Lazy JonesPosted 12/4/2012 8:26:49 AM
Ya, I think most people here prefer the XMB, maybe if they just shined that up a bit it would be been great, but, we have the bubbles. I can live with the bubbles. So far I have 4 pages, and a different south park character for each page, so it's kinda fun.
---
This is gonna sound weird, but for a second, I think you took on the shape of a unicorn
PSN:drpokerface
#10Angemon_23Posted 12/4/2012 8:29:39 AM
And if you've ever tried to rearrange icons before, you know there's only a "swap" system for moving them and no way to efficiently arrange them.

You can move any bubble into any position in any of the 10 screens available. If you can't "efficiently" (whatever you mean by that) arrange them, then the problem lies in you, not the icon management system. At least here i can order up my games alphabetically or put my most played games on the top, something that required 3rd party software to do on the PSP.
---
"Angemon_23 already rocked this topic to its very core, and everyone since is just posting in the ashes." - GradyHoover