JPSN has a Reader and a scheduler/calendar

#11Angemon_23Posted 12/4/2012 9:17:13 AM(edited)
I don't understand why they can't just have one universal store with everything on it. Licensing fees?

Probably copyrights, like with Jump Stars for the DS. Jump had the rights for all the series and characters in Japan, but different companies had rights for different series in the West, which probably made reaching an agreement with all parties and turning a profit on the games mutually exclusive tasks. Not to mention some of the series in those games aren't published in the West at all.
---
"Angemon_23 already rocked this topic to its very core, and everyone since is just posting in the ashes." - GradyHoover
#12jaekidd1012Posted 12/4/2012 10:05:38 AM
Angemon_23 posted...
I don't understand why they can't just have one universal store with everything on it. Licensing fees?

Probably copyrights, like with Jump Stars for the DS. Jump had the rights for all the series and characters in Japan, but different companies had rights for different series in the West, which probably made reaching an agreement with all parties and turning a profit on the games mutually exclusive tasks. Not to mention some of the series in those games aren't published in the West at all.

...and that's a shame. Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony all did away with region locks for games but I wish the same was done with region-exclusive games. There's nothing positive the be gained from this form of fragmentation unless I'm missing something.
---
PSN: Th3_L3G3ND_718
Proud PS Vita owner. Looking for PS Vita friends? Add me
#13SieKensou(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 10:41:09 AM
jpsn has all these things already
---
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462
#14stargazer64Posted 12/4/2012 11:15:23 AM
jaekidd1012 posted...
Angemon_23 posted...

...and that's a shame. Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony all did away with region locks for games but I wish the same was done with region-exclusive games. There's nothing positive the be gained from this form of fragmentation unless I'm missing something.

I assume the only thing they gain is that they think it encourages people to buy a system from each region.
---
What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing.
#15SieKensou(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 11:19:15 AM
online stores have a reason to be regionalized... copyrights are one thing, different countries with different laws is another likely thing...
---
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462
#16yankee6903Posted 12/4/2012 11:21:11 AM
SieKensou posted...
online stores have a reason to be regionalized... copyrights are one thing, different countries with different laws is another likely thing...

Also, would anything really change? They would put the JPN version up and the others wouldnt get localized. Yes people would have "easier" access to another region's content, but you can already do that with multiple accounts.
---
PSN: nightshade6903 GT:nightshade6903
I am not a Republican or a Democrat, I am a conservative
#17SieKensou(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 11:29:45 AM
store items aren't supposed to be for out of region clients so all responsibility lies with the consumer and not the online store.
---
#18SieKensou(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 1:24:48 PM
bump
---
#19SieKensou(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 9:44:55 PM
bump
---
#20JF7XPosted 12/4/2012 10:10:26 PM
stargazer64 posted...
They also have like 30 games I want to download.

Well aside from that, Sony America is a separate corporation from Sony Japan, or Sony Europe. They basically operate independently from each other and only share the Sony name.
---
I detect the taint of chaos in this thread. Once Pedobear gets involved it's time for EXTERMINATUS