Uh Oh, PlayStation Games Failed to Hit the Million Award in Japan

#21GamenamebullyPosted 12/5/2012 10:25:12 AM
gray_fox_00 posted...
Max Landis said it best while talking about movies. Sadly people don't want new and new doesn't sell in many cases. People want something they already know and are very familiar with. There's no learning curve, you already know the lore, it's just pick up and go.

When creating something new yet similar to already well established IPs there's a leap of faith that the publisher has to take and a leap of faith for the consumer; "Do I burn $60 on something new that I may not like, or spend it on a yearly release games that I know I like"

And this is why I hate consumers these days. I know people who hate on new IP's because "They don't know them" or "They're too different from what they normally play."

It's both the Consumers and the Developers fault for this. Consumers because they REFUSE to try anything new and Developers for not trying at all to make new IP's.

I try a lot of new IP's from games and people look at me weird. One of my friends said "Why buy something new and different when you can buy Call Of Duty?" and that was because I was buying Playstation All Stars.

Another problem is that people compare new IP's to Established Franchises and they hate new IP's because "They aren't equal or better in terms of sales for this game."

Stagnation is growing in the industry. I know when I become a game developer I will have to work harder to get my games to do decently.

Sorry if I began to rant about Stagnation. I just hate that and I hate people who WANT THE INDUSTRY to Stagnate(I am looking at people I know.). Sorry.
---
The Only Sane Gamer.
PSN Name: Gamenamebully
#22DemonDog666Posted 12/5/2012 10:33:58 AM
blundermine posted...
pdizzles125 posted...
People don't come to the Vita board to read some troll's report on how Sony had another "bad year."

So please, do us all a favor and go to the Wii U board.

What would they do with a report saying the Vita had a bad year?

jack off probably.
#23AceAndJunpeiPosted 12/5/2012 12:23:14 PM
DemonDog666 posted...

And how is that any different than what you do when you think of your precious Sony?

Pro-tip: It's not different.
---
Now Playing:AC3(360), NSMB U (WiiU), Zero Escape (3DS), Jet Set Radio (Vita)
#24ORANGE666Posted 12/5/2012 12:32:21 PM
squatch22 is a completely different poster on the WiiU board. There he is very insecure and whiny. Here, he gathers his courage and does the very thing he cries about on the WiiU board.

Very hypocritical, you're not a troll or a fanboy, you're just very very insecure.
#25mike_411Posted 12/5/2012 12:42:49 PM
uh oh, Sony games didn't sell a million copies this year...my enjoyment of their games must have been fake then because we all know that we can't enjoy gaming unless the company is doing well, right?

y'see squatch the difference between us is that you let sales and this console war crap get to ya. I post here to rile people like you up because, quite frankly, you deserve it. Play your games, form your own opinions and stop giving a crap what people say.
---
"Peace is trolling!" Mentality of Gamefaqs mods
-Blazblue Chrono Phantasma! :D
#26oboro9Posted 12/5/2012 12:52:57 PM
ORANGE666 posted...
squatch22 is a completely different poster on the WiiU board. There he is very insecure and whiny. Here, he gathers his courage and does the very thing he cries about on the WiiU board.

Very hypocritical, you're not a troll or a fanboy, you're just very very insecure.
#27colis12Posted 12/5/2012 12:54:51 PM
Haha squatch, while people laugh and make jokes about the situation, theres squatch who takes console wars seriously.
---
pie good
#28trollhunter2Posted 12/5/2012 12:59:38 PM
lol squatsh and yet you cry how the troll make fun of the wii U huh? How pathetic
---
Official Alundra of PSASBR Board
just add me psn: Naijaplaya
#29squatch22(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 1:15:09 PM
Funny, how many topics are about this? Just the 1. Not like the (sometimes 7 or 8!) repeats Wii U topics get.
Have i said the Vita or its games are bad? Nope.

/facepalm

Keep trying. lol
---
LineTroll posted: Mario Galaxy is just like a Sonic game.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#30trollhunter2Posted 12/5/2012 2:06:26 PM
squatch22 posted...
Funny, how many topics are about this? Just the 1. Not like the (sometimes 7 or 8!) repeats Wii U topics get.
Have i said the Vita or its games are bad? Nope.

/facepalm

Keep trying. lol

no but its obvious that you're trolling, thats what matters
---
Official Alundra of PSASBR Board
just add me psn: Naijaplaya