FIFA 13 (Vita) or Pro Evo 2013 (3DS)?

#1Y2JON2002Posted 12/5/2012 5:28:37 AM
I've really enjoyed both main console equivalents this year, but looking for a quick pick up and play sports experience on the go now. I know FIFA plays well on Vita because I own the launch 'FIFA Football' (or 'Soccer' in the US). I also sunk a lot of hours in to last year's Pro Evo on 3DS. My main annoyance with FIFA 13 is that they've released the exact same game, but just updated the kits and squads (apparently due to time constraints, with just six months between the versions). On the other hand I can't find any info on the handheld version of PES 2013 to see if Konami are guilty of the same thing!

Any help guys?
---
PS3, Vita, and Xbox Live Gamertag: Y2JONAKERFELDT. Feel free to add!
#2mcsmellingtonPosted 12/5/2012 5:45:38 AM
FIFA is much, much better. Especially on the handhelds.
---
GT: McPoo
PSN/NNID: McSmellington
#3AngelWithaHatPosted 12/5/2012 6:15:55 AM
Get FIFA Soccer on the Vita, not 13.
#4stargazer64Posted 12/5/2012 6:16:06 AM
mcsmellington posted...

Um, no.

Anyway, TC, I see no reason to think that Pro Evo 13 on the 3DS will be much different than '12 (which was fantastic). But I prefer Pro Evo's gameplay, so I would choose that even if both games are almost the same as last year.
---
What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing.
#5Y2JON2002(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 6:21:36 AM
AngelWithaHat posted...
Get FIFA Soccer on the Vita, not 13.

My original post said I already own it, but thanks ;-)
---
#6Y2JON2002(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 6:23:11 AM
stargazer64 posted...
mcsmellington posted...

Um, no.

Anyway, TC, I see no reason to think that Pro Evo 13 on the 3DS will be much different than '12 (which was fantastic). But I prefer Pro Evo's gameplay, so I would choose that even if both games are almost the same as last year.

I thought the same about 2012, but just thought it was strange that I hadn't read one review, or even preview, yet of 2013. It's great on Xbox, but even the release date seems confused here in the UK. I'm sure I read that GAME have it listed for this Friday, whereas Amazon say they are already shipping it! Have you seen much of this years?
---
#7Angemon_23Posted 12/5/2012 6:27:34 AM
I always go with Pro over Fifa.
---
"Angemon_23 already rocked this topic to its very core, and everyone since is just posting in the ashes." - GradyHoover
#8Y2JON2002(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 6:29:56 AM
Angemon_23 posted...
I always go with Pro over Fifa.

Everybody seems to prefer one over the other with the main games (I personally enjoy both), but it's a totally different competition when it comes to the handhelds as they're quite different beasts!
Pro Evo has the Champions League license, but I found Master League needed a bit of work, and difficulty balancing, last year. If that's been addressed on 3DS I'll probably go for that. If not, then EA will have my money!
---
#9stargazer64Posted 12/5/2012 6:32:31 AM
Y2JON2002 posted...
stargazer64 posted...
mcsmellington posted...

Um, no.

I thought the same about 2012, but just thought it was strange that I hadn't read one review, or even preview, yet of 2013. It's great on Xbox, but even the release date seems confused here in the UK. I'm sure I read that GAME have it listed for this Friday, whereas Amazon say they are already shipping it! Have you seen much of this years?

I haven't seen much, at all. No reviews, very few previews that only talk about enhancing 'individual player skills and crowd involvement' and almost no message board chatter. And the release date seems to be in limbo as well.

Konami has just lost it lately.
---
What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing.
#10thetoughkidPosted 12/5/2012 6:44:26 AM
Vita owns the 3DS when it come to football games, offline play and online play, there is no contest, people who believe that 3DS actually performs better when it comes to football games are fanboys.
---
Zoidberg ftw